Buying a new laptop...anything better than this one at this price?

Thanks for the feedback however the one you posted doesn't have Bluetooth and the HDD is 5400 vs 7200. I'd also have to pay about $60 in tax when ordering from Newegg not to mention I don't like the rounded styling. Also a separate Bluetooth adapter is an additional cost and it'll be using up a USB slot too.

Mize,

It used to be that compaq was terrible and HP was middle of the road. Thus they were pulled down by the lines from compaq. Don't know if that is still the case. That is a good link though. I have wanted to get an Asus laptop for some time to try it out, but I never end up getting one. After seeing that I may well do so.

I like both Asus and Samsung: Asus laptops are solid and good value for money, Samsung is a bit cheaper for a bit better specs and has the best driver support and installation I've ever seen, but a little less sturdy.

I wouldn't recommend HP for any consumer products that I can think of, and only a few business ones (which doesn't include printers, and only some of the laptops).

I recently saw Frys was having a deal on an i5 laptop 15.6 inch screen with 4 gb ram, win 7 64 bit, for 500. But it did not have bluetooth and it had a 5400 rpm hdd I believe. I bought it for my wife and am thinking of slapping an ssd in there. Its quite a powerful machine. I have used it for coding a few times and it beats the pants off of the laptop I have at work. Oh its a Lenovo by the way. Very nice looking and very light for a 15.6 incher. Wish the resolution was at least 1600 x 1200 though

Back