Burnout: Paradise City

Something weird I noticed. The 2D system is running at 30 FPS, while the action is 60. It gives the impression of slowdowns when it shows up. Revenge had them both running at 60. Hopefully they fix it, its distracting for people like me ;D

Don't know what you are talking about but I'm sure it's because Criterion lazily ported to the 360 or its lack of Cell, Bluray, or both.

Seems like a very high quality game. The visuals are great, not spectacular, but enough to wow. I really like the grainy/post processed/filtered look. Makes it look more next gen somehow.

I'm not into car games, but it sure seem like a quality product on the surface.

Don't know what you are talking about but I'm sure it's because Criterion lazily ported to the 360 or its lack of Cell, Bluray, or both.

Well I read on the internet that they actually install a cell simulator on linux running on x360 and that is why :LOL:

Game runs pretty good... framerate is pretty stable, gfx looks great, but still missing that something. I don't think this is a buy for me but then again, I wasn't a huge Burnout fan.

I could go get it on my 360 but that's mainly for the kids while the PS3 is ALL MINE! :) I'll just wait.

On 2nd thought maybe the kids would like to try it as well.

UK PSN has it NOW!

Dutch PSN almost always has the same, but now it has updated and it's not there. Piyotama, and Guitar Hero III packs and a bunch of other stuff, but no Paradise. Hmm. Maybe in an hour? :p Otherwise I'll get it off the US server later. Just got both Uncharted and Ratchet in the mail though, so I don't have to worry about getting bored. ;) (not to mention Singstar, Guitar Hero, etc.)

Back