Borderlands 2 [PS3, X360]

Yeah, you used to be able to be lvl 4 Assault Rifle that gave better % accuracy and damage and also got EXP bonuses for leveling up the different weapon types.

I'm not sure how the badass perks work since I haven't experienced them yet.

What lvl are you NRP?

I'm not totally sure how the Badass perks work, but I would guess the augmentations they give you apply to any weapon your character uses. I got to Level 9 before I called it quits.

Welcome to every RPG ever made. If only NPCs would go out to the killing fields and level up on their own, I wouldn't need to save them.

The point was, don't make me out to be something special when anyone could have killed that thing. Nothing in the entire game needed to happen for anyone to be able to kill that thing. It makes for a crap story.

The point was, don't make me out to be something special when anyone could have killed that thing. Nothing in the entire game needed to happen for anyone to be able to kill that thing. It makes for a crap story.

Umm.. except you needed to find all the parts of the key that were hidden in order to open the vault?

And the only reason you were able to kill it so easily is because you had Sooper Shields and extremely rare weapons?

Besides those things, you're right. I'm surprised Scooter didn't just go Catch A Ride there and kill it himself.

I'm not totally sure how the Badass perks work, but I would guess the augmentations they give you apply to any weapon your character uses. I got to Level 9 before I called it quits.

Well, I looked up the badass perks and they apply to your profile, not your character.

So they extend across any character you build or play, kind of an interesting way of doing it.

Umm.. except you needed to find all the parts of the key that were hidden in order to open the vault?

And the only reason you were able to kill it so easily is because you had Sooper Shields and extremely rare weapons?
I felt the story in Borderlands was appalling as most seem to. Mostly because it started with a story about people turning crazy thanks to the rocks, which was pointing to something like the Reevers from Firefly. Only there wasn't really anything to it. TBH I can't even remember the story, and I played that game through a half dozen times! You're after treasure, you pair up with the archaeologist, you go looking for tech for weapons for one of the companies or something, and then there's a big monster. I don't recall the creature being introduced as a threat or anything. The antagonist you were set up against was immaterial because they got wiped out by a random event.

I don't see any point in arguing the specifics of the story. It certainly wasn't great, and certainly could be improved upon. The poopy ending was a bit of a confused let-down, but the play was great fun.

Great game, but they've still got issues with invisible walls ... And water that kills you when you stand in it, but there is nowhere to get out?

1000HP Crits at level 6. Good times!

What character are you, Robert? I saw you running around last night at lvl 7.

I finally got to the fun part of the game, you know, the part where you have to decide which weapon is better than the other and have to start dropping weapons because you're carrying too many and you just found another one that looks slightly better than anything you currently have?

Good times.

Also, two hints for the uneducated (like I was):

Badass Points can only be used in a subset of skills depending upon what you did to receive the point.

For example - I realized I had three Badass points. I had a list of choices, among them were faster reload speed and increased melee damage. I debated where to use them, then decided on reload speed. I used one point. I could use neither of the other two on increased melee damage! I had different options for all three points. Bummer.

Also, there are weapon crates around, but it seems that most weapons are found in port-o-potties. So don't bypass searching them because you think they're just like the toilets that sit around and won't give you much. You search them and weapons start flying out of the toilet!

Definitely enjoying it so far. Looking forward to more fun tonight. Maybe I'll even try out my special skill! LOL

So far, I've spending Skill Points and Badass Points to beef up my Assassin's weapon, critcal, and melee damage. So far I'm pleased with the results, except for melee, which still feels weak.

I found a class mod that gives 22% critical damage increase to the team. Time for some co-op, people! Robert shouldn't be the only one getting 1000HP crits.

No class mods yet for me, hopefully I'll make some leaps tonight as I'm off until Tuesday.

It's all Borderlands all the time for the next four days! Hopefully we can do some of that together.

Been trying to get in very limited time gaming the past few nights, only made it up to level 11. Currently been running through the story with xarthna and senior discount (moderator from WTF). Its times like this where I wish I took the week off from work. Most of the nights when I see R1 or Nrp sign in, we're trying to finish up for the night, damn east coast timezones for xarth and myself.

I hadn't found any decent SMGs yet. Still at the point of trying to figure out what gun types work best for Gunzerker, melee feels weak like BL1. Still so much to figure out...

The elemental weapons I've found so far are the most effective by far. I have a Maliwan incendiary sniper and SMG that just tear fleshy people up. I also have a shotgun that does explosive damage which is pretty effective against mechanical enemies.

I found an explosive revolver in the first weapons crate and used it to tear apart Boom and Bewm, but all the Maliwan's I've found so far are only whites with 16% chance of flame so I haven't tried one out yet.

I also haven't seen a single sniper rifle yet, so it sucks to play as an Assassin/Sniper and have no recourse but to run headfirst into battle because the only weapons you've got are revolvers and a shotgun!

..sigh

Back