Borderlands 2 [PS3, X360]

I found what looks to be a pretty decent incendiary sniper, if anyone wants it. It's for level 9 or higher. 37% chance to ignite, LOL!

By the way, co-op is where it's at for good weapons. I played some co-op with Scott and Robert and found two of my best weapons so far: high damage and high ROF caustic sniper and assault rifle. Love these weapons so far. They do chew through ammo though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else finding mostly the same kind of weapons? I'm getting pistols 90% of the time. I wouldn't mind if it would at least drop a good one but it hasn't. Not even the blue one a boss dropped.

I did just stumble upon something nice though. A purple SMG, and a shield that sets people on fire that come too close.

I'm really liking the game so far.

I found what looks to be a pretty decent incendiary sniper, if anyone wants it. It's for level 9 or higher. 37% chance to ignite, LOL!

By the way, co-op is where it's at for good weapons. I played some co-op with Scott and Robert and found two of my best weapons so far: high damage and high ROF caustic sniper and assault rifle. Love these weapons so far. They do chew through ammo though.

I'll take it! :)

that was my bread n butter last game. Sniper with Fire.

Love this game. GF is out for 2 weeks starting Oct 4 so I'm gonna be marathoning this bitch.

What a great game! 7 hours in, at level 11. Playing as Zero, the closest I can get to Morocai from Borderlands 1. So far, I went pure sniper tree. To be honest, I don't use the Speciality not much. Don't know how to effectively make use of it? I heard you can unlock something which shows the weak spots of your enemy...

Badass is interesting idea. Leveling again is a little bit slow imo, but feels ok at the moment.

I got a very good sniper: dmg 91 plus 24/Sec fire damage. Crit gives me about 700 to 800 damage. Also got an insane purple shotgun. Kills everything in 2 shots or so...just shoots large fireballs! Crazy!

I was rather dumb and already used my golden key in Sanctury...should have waited for higher level, got two purpel shields which are good.

I loved B1 but this game tops everything and is better in every way so far. I love it...

I've only just started playing and I'm already hooked! Dragons Dogma has migrated to the pile of not quite finished games that live behind my TV...
For me if it was just like B1 but with a different story it would have been a must, as it is everything seems to have been dialled to 11. Glorious!!

Has anyone saved Roland yet? I'm having a tough time with this mission. Those damn robots spawn so fast that I run out of ammo before I can take the big machine's shields down. Any strategies? I went back to Sanctuary and expanded my ammo capacities. I hope it's enough.

Seems it's rather easy to become overlevelled doing side missions. Which means doing other similar level missions slow progression down to a crawl. All the good stuff for Zero is at least tier 3 in each skilltree. I was hoping I would have been there by now.

billy you should be playing on xbox so we can all coop

Yeah, I wish I had! All my PC gaming friends are not interested in this game :( but after seeing the PhysX video comparison, it was clear what to do :)

Played some more, side missions so far a fun! I am now where NRP is: secure Roland mission, wonder how my cool sniper handle this...will do an ammo upgrade first before I start this mission!

PS: I know it's childish...but Butt Stallion made me lol

I finally saved Roland. Apparently, the secret was turning off the Xbox and going for lunch. LOL! Came back after a few hours and slaughtered WAr-DEN.

Seriously though, I recommend stocking up on shock weapons and grenades. Corrosive weapons work well too. Don't even try to use fire or conventional weapons on those Hyperion a-holes.

I finally saved Roland. Apparently, the secret was turning off the Xbox and going for lunch. LOL! Came back after a few hours and slaughtered WAr-DEN.

Seriously though, I recommend stocking up on shock weapons and grenades. Corrosive weapons work well too. Don't even try to use fire or conventional weapons on those Hyperion a-holes.

Oh dammit, I don't have shock weapons yet...just fire...

Yeah, there aren't really any shock weapons in the loot leading up to the Roland mission. I had to buy mine.

By the way, some of the ECHO log audio commentary from the Bloodshot soldiers and commander is hilarious. The humor in this game is pretty good.

Nearly all of our better weapons have come from Moxxi's Slot Machines. We have 3 in the game (with rare-loot artifacts) while gambling; not certain if the artifact matters, but gambling with co-op players seems to pay off better than solo.

Yeah, I tried the slots a few times and, just like real life, found it to be a waste of money.

By the way, there is a weapon chest in Sanctuary's portal room, but I can't open it. When I try, it says something like "Can't afford". What's up with that? Do I need one of those "golden keys" I hear people talking about?

Back