Borderlands 2 [PS3, X360]

Ugh. I hate enemies that level up with the player. I've been out fighting goons and doing stuff, and you've just been sitting in your lair; how the hell have you gotten stronger? Bethesda games are horrible; Gearbox should not imitate them.

Ugh. I hate enemies that level up with the player. I've been out fighting goons and doing stuff, and you've just been sitting in your lair; how the hell have you gotten stronger? Bethesda games are horrible; Gearbox should not imitate them.

That's not how I understand that it will work. That's actually how the last game worked (I believe it changed in a patch or was an option, or was applied to the 2nd run through? I forget), you'd be level 50 and suddenly the Skags you were fighting would be level 48-50.

The way I understand this to work, is that the enemies will level up while they are fighting you in combat. So if you choose not to take out the tougher enemies, they'll gain exp and get tougher as you take damage. So you can wipe them out early on when they are weak, or you can wait and take them out later, letting them level up so you get more exp and better loot for eventually taking them out. Of course, if you let them level up too high....

That's the way I read it anyway.

Oh.....I see that from the video now.

In BL1, things all leveled up when you did NG+, but not throughout the course of the game.

Gearbox reveal Borderlands 2 boss fight with 'Terramorphous the Invincible'
'You.Will. Die. (Seriously.)' That's the name of Borderlands 2's most nightmarish boss rumble according to Gearbox Software, who claim it'll have players royally slapped around.

In fact if you "don't curse the design team at least five times" during the tussle with Terramorphous the Invincible, an incredibly large worm, then "we haven't done our jobs."

In a way 'You.Will. Die. (Seriously.)' is a sequel effort to Borderlands' 'You.Will.Die.' mission from The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC, where players took on Crawmerax the Invincible.
Read more: http://www.strategyinformer.com/new...-boss-fight-with-terramorphous-the-invincible

Twisted, but since it takes liberty with the Lion King some I will let it slide.

It looks like there is a pretty large variety in enemies, which was probably the weakest point of the first game. Having a lot of different enemies to fight makes a game like this a lot more fun.

Twisted, but since it takes liberty with the Lion King some I will let it slide.

I'm loving it! Sep 18 can't come soon enough.

Am I the only one who thinks after watching that trailer that the Assassin character has the same teleport powers ala the old siren?

I know this is the CONSOLE game forum and this is an advertisement for PhysX, but I thought I'd link it just because... it shows there WILL be Maliwan weapons in Borderlands 2!

They announced a number of the manufacturers early on and never mentioned Maliwan's return, I feared maybe they decided to eliminate the coolest of all the gun manufacturers and use a different delivery device for elemental badassness.

But nope - you can plainly see in this video at one point his weapon is a Maliwan!

Woot!!

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/games/borderlands2/

My Siren with elemental MGs was incredible. A few rounds of the right gun vapourised the enemy, like acid against those trooper dudes. I like the degree of impact of elemental weapons in BL as it made it important to have the right arsenal and swap accordingly, rather then just different colours when dealing the same amount of death.

Exactly! I loved my volcano and used it as my primary weapon, but then I'd come up against those heavily shielded troopers and I'd need to switch to an acid or shock weapon.

That was always the fun of the russian roulette with the chimera. I loved those guns but not as useful as knowing exactly what kind of damage you're going to inflict!

I was really bummed that I never got my hands on the Volcano sniper in BL. I had some pretty badass sniper rifles, but nothing like that beast.

I had a high level Volcano Sniper. It was truly brutal, but in the end I prefered running in and firing like a lunatic. That far into the game you were pretty danged powerful and didn't need to be cautious about engaging the enemy.

I just watched an extended arena gameplay video on the PC Games forum, and I'm even more stoked than I already was.

To those on XB Live who want to co-op for max loot and meyhem, we should start thinking about which characters to develop.

I played a Berzerker in BL because it was fun beating he piss out of enemies. I ended up sniping a lot, which wasn't really a good idea for this character. BL2 looks to be even more challenging, so we're gonna need a balanced co-op team.

Back