Borderlands 2 [PS3, X360]

I'm in if you will have me. I kinda suck though so I will have to be one of the easier characters, either assassin or soldier. They look like the two easiest.

Played a two team coop ,ost of last game with me being the hunter and he was a soldier. It was pretty fun how that worked out. My bloodwing kept killing the shit out of everything early on and then about lvl 25 or so maybe even before that his turrets just started killing everything. At the end game, bloodwing was pretty much useless, but it sure helped early on.

The siren looks the most compllicated and I'm not a rush right in guy so the gunzerker doesnt look like my style either.

Although, I did have to respect my hunter to a gunslinger and just rush in with pistols blazing at the end of BL. Lots of second winds doing that! LOL

Still, I hate it when I die.

Looking forward to this, I'll even break my own rule of not buying games on disc to get it...

//Edit

And since there now is a PSN Pre-order available for it, I do not have to break my own rule, I'm still a man of principles.... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I am buying this tonight from PSN ! Hope my money isn't wasted and it becomes the Dark Souls or Darksiders of Shooters for me !

I have not played those, but to me this game was fun due to the online co-op. I played the complete game with a friend. I actually started it alone, got my friend to buy it and the we finished it together, inc DLC.

At the end I was sick of the rinse and repeat of it, but during the game, what was fun was the playing cooperatively with someone. Other than that its a quest, sidequest, get loot and cooler stuff.

This time around I am trying to get 3 friends to play with me, but it might end up badly, since we are not good with sharing toys, fights over loot will ensure I am afraid ;)

I'm still not sure what character to start with. I'm thinking Salvador, because he can dual wield and has a perk called "sexual tyrannosaurus" which just sounds hilarious.

On a serious note, I think we'll need at least one high DPS character for the impossibly difficult final boss.

I'm leaving work early this Tuesday to get my gunzerking on.

I should be able to finish up my second playthrough of Borderlands this week. Just in time for Borderlands 2. I'm thinking of playing as the ZerO character. Trying to make a sniper and melee build.

With a 58 hour campaign, I have to wait until I'm comfortable putting in a lot of hours before getting this game. My inability to work through games over a period of time means I have to be careful. :(

I chose Morocai in B1, and leaning towards Zero this time...but don't know yet. Wonder if melee is strong enough, e.g. Boss fights.

I will be doing a nearly 100% tank build for Axton. Shit will bounce off of me. Nuclear weaponry? NOT A PROBLEM! Chemical weapons? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay, I guess I don't understand preorders. I went to look for some preorders and none of them allow in store pick-up.

They're all shipping on 9/18 (tomorrow). So, if you preorder you pay up front and then get the game AFTER everyone else who just stopped by the store to pick it up?

Okay, I guess I don't understand preorders. I went to look for some preorders and none of them allow in store pick-up.

They're all shipping on 9/18 (tomorrow). So, if you preorder you pay up front and then get the game AFTER everyone else who just stopped by the store to pick it up?

I have no clue, but I think USA got 18th as the release date, while EU got 21st or something like that.

I pre-orderd mine, but I am in Amsterdam for work the first days of this week, so I expect it will be waiting for me, downloaded and installed, ready for me to play when I get home :D

So, if you preorder you pay up front and then get the game AFTER everyone else who just stopped by the store to pick it up?

Usually with online pre-orders you get something special such as a big discount or something bundled in. If that is not the case, it only makes sense if the game has a small run and is likely to sell out.

I stopped purchasing any pre-orders from Future Shop here in Canada once I realized that pre-ordering meant not getting the game until a week or two after release date! Buyer beware.

Cheers

Yeah, with the BL2 pre orders you get all kinds of stuff.. special weapons, special chest key that holds even better stuff, the extra character at no additional cost, etc..

The extra character was the only thing I was really interested in. I actually dislike getting things like weapon specials as free content. One of the things about the original BL was how difficult it was in the beginning (before you get your special ability) and how you are scrounging every last thing just trying to get a weapon that is a little bit better than the one you are first given.

Starting off the game with a decently powered "golden" weapon seems rather unfun to me.

I'd much rather have the game on release day, without any specials. Maybe that's why they have to give you specials, to make up for the fact everybody else had a head start?

Amazon's preorders are amazing. They have same-day shipping so for BL2, I will get the game on the 18th. Granted it wont be straight at midnight, but it's always been waiting for me when I get home from work.

Uhm, look which thread you're posting in. This is the console forums.

Which just means the sooner consoles go with DD day and date release with retail, the better. :)

I've also pre-ordered on Steam and mine is already pre-loaded and ready to start. Assuming I can find time to play it with GW2 taking up all my gaming time currently. :p

Regards,
SB

My, how times have changed. It couldn't have been a little over a year ago where people were still bashing DD and screaming from mountain tops that the only way they were going to give up their physical media discs is if they were pried from their cold, dead hands.

With day 1 DD, (especially with things like Steam where it can essentially already be installed and just wait for the timer to run out to be unlocked), the benefits are coming through!

I wish I had that option for the 360, it'd already be downloaded and sitting there waiting for me to push Start.

Back