Blue Dragon trailer

Nope, but if it is on more than 2 DVDs at least you know they're not sacrificing quaility so that they can fit it on one.
It would be something of a coup for Sony though. MS have said DVD would be just fine, and a popular title needing more than 1 DVD would set tongues wagging. Add to that MS's talk that 1080p would never happen, and then adding 1080p to their console, PR campaigns could certainly start spinning this into a 'MS underestimated next-gen and didn't build a platform forward-thinking enough.'

A good game is a good game, and if it spans multiple disks to add the quality gamers want, huzzah. But I think that would be a negative thing for MS, and they'd much rather have a great game that fits onto one disk, 'proving' BRD isn't needed.

It would be something of a coup for Sony though. MS have said DVD would be just fine, and a popular title needing more than 1 DVD would set tongues wagging. Add to that MS's talk that 1080p would never happen, and then adding 1080p to their console, PR campaigns could certainly start spinning this into a 'MS underestimated next-gen and didn't build a platform forward-thinking enough.'

A good game is a good game, and if it spans multiple disks to add the quality gamers want, huzzah. But I think that would be a negative thing for MS, and they'd much rather have a great game that fits onto one disk, 'proving' BRD isn't needed.

Tongues would wag on the internet sure, most casual consumers would remain competely oblivious to the whole thing like always. They won't know that an MS rep said 1080p wasn't happening in some interview, and DVD would still be considered sufficient even if it takes multiple discs, something consumers completely took in stride in the PS1 era.

New shot:
http://img2.kult-mag.com/photos/00/00/73/04/ME0000730425_2.jpg

And another?
bluedragon18uw7.jpg

Love this game.

Are there any more gameplay shots? IGN and Gamespot just have the same two pics recently added. This game is due out in the not too distant future and yet there isn't much media for it.

Totally agree about the spin that could come from more than 1 disc, i imagine the 360 will eventually end up heading that way anyways sooner ot later.

I'm still curious how much of the cutscenes in BD are CGI or realtime, it's really hard to tell whether it's CGI using in game assets (as there are a lot of polygons) or whether the cutscenes are using the in game engine.

Hopefully thats real time cutscenes, because if it is the 360 has just impressed me all over again. :p

Are there any more gameplay shots? IGN and Gamespot just have the same two pics recently added. This game is due out in the not too distant future and yet there isn't much media for it.

Japanese dev's aren't like western devs they prefer to keep things under wraps, i feel too many western dev's have been poo pooing games by realeasing too much media, GRAW (yes we get it looks next gen) was one of the worst offenders for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back