Blue Dragon Reviews

If you're hunting/tracking etc. checking poo (spores) is a common enough practice. That's what I thought the Poo thing meant, until the explanation of the creature name.

Ugh. Checking someones Poo sounds WRONG, in SO, MANY, WAYS.

No worse than playing with ones Wii or going over to a friends house to play with his Wii. ;)

As for poo hunting, it is not uncommon for mushrooms to grow in them as well as large animals may eat something you may find helpful in them (e.g. in one of the JP movies they were digging through dino poo to find a sat phone that a recently deceased team member was carrying before he met his end).

No worse than playing with ones Wii or going over to a friends house to play with his Wii. ;)

As for poo hunting, it is not uncommon for mushrooms to grow in them as well as large animals may eat something you may find helpful in them (e.g. in one of the JP movies they were digging through dino poo to find a sat phone that a recently deceased team member was carrying before he met his end).

This is why Japanese developers are KEY :LOL: You just don't that kinda stuff coming outta the west.

But.... It's a cute poo!

O_poo.jpeg

It may be cute but he's still poking it with a stick... A pink mr whippy with a crash helmet on. That's just wrong in so many ways...

Kewl!
I can't wait to play it!
specially since it's been rated quite impressively,
I'm more inclined to go grab a copy when it comes out here!

Wow, that's a lot of jaggies... And that blue thing just knocked the poo out of whatever that pink thing is.

(serious) Would the type of AA that they use, even be apparent in still shots?

Wow, that's a lot of jaggies... And that blue thing just knocked the poo out of whatever that pink thing is.

(serious) Would the type of AA that they use, even be apparent in still shots?
Yes.
It is apparent even in still shots that they use no AA.

This has been known from the earliest realtime pics though. Good use of DOF has done a lot to cover that up in most pics. The one linked to is just a bad example in IQ. Again, I'm curious for the discrepencies. Why's this pic lacking the quality of others?

Why is everyone dwelling on a few pics:?: There are 4 minute gameplay videos on gametrailers and ign that are much better examples. The game looks great though the gameplay resembles the most basic jrpg style (turn-based, long summons...etc).

Why is everyone dwelling on a few pics:?: There are 4 minute gameplay videos on gametrailers and ign that are much better examples. The game looks great though the gameplay resembles the most basic jrpg style (turn-based, long summons...etc).
It actually looks evolved. From what I could make out from the videos there's some mechanic to eliminate the "fun" of grinding on low-level enemies, which is both new and welcome. Then of course the fighting by proxy. The differences may be subtle but it's enough to say that this isn't a direct copy of an established JRPG battle system.
We haven't really seen much in the way of interesting combat, but I'd give the guys the benefit of the doubt.

It actually looks evolved. From what I could make out from the videos there's some mechanic to eliminate the "fun" of grinding on low-level enemies, which is both new and welcome. Then of course the fighting by proxy. The differences may be subtle but it's enough to say that this isn't a direct copy of an established JRPG battle system.
We haven't really seen much in the way of interesting combat, but I'd give the guys the benefit of the doubt.

I see what you mean about the grinding zeckensack. I will continue to research this games battle system via reviews and videos since it looks so good. As a side note, did you notice that all of the characters are maxed out at 999hp and are at level 75? I'm not sure whether the gameplay shown in the videos are of later levels or of earlier ones with the characters' stats inflated to make the demo more impressive. I do not currently own a 360 but the all-star team behind this game alone might coax me into shelling the dough.

Back