Bloodborne: [PS4] (From Software)

Thanks for the infos guys.

After browsing the web and watched some DS2 vids, I really liked the 60Hz looks...but other than that, coming straight from beautiful BB graphics, I was a bit shocked about the overall graphics of DS2.

I guess I wait until their is a sale for this game....this is also due to my recent discovery: apparently, I once bought Lords of the Fallen and have it available in my mediathek.

I will try this game instead and see how it compares to BB :)

LoTF is much, much slower than even Dark Souls :runaway:

Pretty game though, you might like it. It's a bit different than BB but not at the same level as BB or DS imo.

LoTF is much, much slower than even Dark Souls :runaway:

Pretty game though, you might like it. It's a bit different than BB but not at the same level as BB or DS imo.
Even slower!! :(

I already had to adjust to BB after finishing GoW3 remaster...well, I already bought it, long ago...I'll check it out.

I still can go back to the chalice dungeons :)

The designers made some really odd choices when they came up with the systems in Lords of the Fallen. Dex builds flat out suck in that game because the only way to deal respectable amounts of damage is via uninterrupted combo strings. (each consecutive hit gets progressively more damaging). Unfortunately nobody has told the bigger enemies or the bosses about that. Just about all of their behaviors are disigned in such a way that you can only ever get 1 or 2 hits in before they retaliate. It's incredibly annoying. The only way for me to get some satisfaction out of the game's combat was to go in tanking like a boss.

The designers made some really odd choices when they came up with the systems in Lords of the Fallen. Dex builds flat out suck in that game because the only way to deal respectable amounts of damage is via uninterrupted combo strings. (each consecutive hit gets progressively more damaging). Unfortunately nobody has told the bigger enemies or the bosses about that. Just about all of their behaviors are disigned in such a way that you can only ever get 1 or 2 hits in before they retaliate. It's incredibly annoying. The only way for me to get some satisfaction out of the game's combat was to go in tanking like a boss.

Thanks for the heads up. What class/build do you recommend?

Like I said: Tank (I belive the starting class is warrior) is the way to go. Use a shield, some heavy armor and a big ass weapon that deals lots of damage on single hits. Using a quick shield bash + weapon strike combo from a run is damn near broken. If you've played any of the souls games or Bloodborne, you'll be familiar with the leveling system too. Weapons have stat requirements, and if I remember correctly damage scales in similar fashion as well.
Unlike in the Souls games and Bloodborne, your origin isn't just a relatively meaningless starting point that'll become irrelevant a couple of levels in. Entire schools of magic will be completely locked away based on your origin. Once you enter new game+, you can unlock another branch of magic. As the game only has 3 magic branches, the game ends once you finish new game++ since there's nothing left for you to unlcock.

Thanks for the advice.

But after 5min, I deleted it right away...feels like the character moves in honey!! Too slow for me...but graphics seem to be nice!

I've gotta say, PNG captures for Bloodborne is a godsend. from 200~kb-ish JPEG to 4mb PNGs... Quite a difference
bloodborne_20150903200jpar.png

bloodborne_20150903200sqtq.png

I wouldn't say garbage but it's definitely not up with Demon's Souls/Dark Souls and Bloodborne for me for a myriad reasons. It's better than LoTF for sure though.

Back