Black Myth: Wu Kong [PC, Consoles]

Update:

Doubling down on equivocal statements. So they're helping Game Science to get the game ready but wont comment on deals made by others?? Why sow confusion? Because they are leaving the consumers to spread FUD about what kind of deal if there was one. This is dirty PR at its best. Earlier on Game Science said they are still optimizing for the Series consoles. Now Xbox is saying its helping them get the game ready but wont talk about deals made by other platform holders and that platform limitations raised to them(by who? Game Science) are not the reason for the delay?
If there was an exclusivity deal they could have simply said there is an exclusivity deal in place.

Update:

Doubling down on equivocal statements. So they're helping Game Science to get the game ready but wont comment on deals made by others?? Why sow confusion? Because they are leaving the consumers to spread FUD about what kind of deal if there was one. This is dirty PR at its best. Earlier on Game Science said they are still optimizing for the Series consoles. Now Xbox is saying its helping them get the game ready but wont talk about deals made by other platform holders and that platform limitations raised to them(by who? Game Science) are not the reason for the delay?
If there was an exclusivity deal they could have simply said there is an exclusivity deal in place.

Sony may not have an "exclusivity deal" in place with Game Science for BMW.. but they may have made a deal that they will provide any and all support needed and Game Science ensures optimization is done on Playstation first and foremost. Game Science perhaps then pulled people away from optimizing on Series consoles to optimize for PS5/PC instead, with the idea of delaying the Xbox versions for optimization later? Xbox Series consoles have even less of a presence in China than Playstation, who at least has initiatives in China with their "Hero Projects". Perhaps Sony has an idea to help fund Game Science's next game, and take on a more active marketing role or something?

I think it's pretty clear Sony and Game Science have some agreement and that MS simply has to wait it out... and they're basically saying all about it that they can. It has nothing to do with platform limitations of the Series S or MS' own policies.

Sony may not have an "exclusivity deal" in place with Game Science for BMW.. but they may have made a deal that they will provide any and all support needed and Game Science ensures optimization is done on Playstation first and foremost. Game Science perhaps then pulled people away from optimizing on Series consoles to optimize for PS5/PC instead, with the idea of delaying the Xbox versions for optimization later? Xbox Series consoles have even less of a presence in China than Playstation, who at least has initiatives in China with their "Hero Projects". Perhaps Sony has an idea to help fund Game Science's next game, and take on a more active marketing role or something?

I think it's pretty clear Sony and Game Science have some agreement and that MS simply has to wait it out... and they're basically saying all about it that they can. It has nothing to do with platform limitations of the Series S or MS' own policies.
Not at all and let me explain, See the issue with this is the part where you say "but they may have made a deal that they will provide any and all support needed and Game Science ensures optimization is done on Playstation first and foremost". This is your theory that Sony got them not to work on the Xbox version which doesnt add up for one simple reason. Once you have the game running on PC and PS5 getting it to run on the Series X is no issue at all. Xbox GDK is now the Microsoft GDK so there's a lot of similar APIs for both PC and Series X. And since the PS5 and Series X are closely matched you can easily run the PS5 version of the game(game profile) on the Series X with a faster CPU, higher mem bandwidth, more powerful GPU. DF has done this using PC GPUs to mimmick the performance of PS5s and Series X. No way they launched the game on PC + PS5 and couldn't run it well on the Series X, its going to be hard to convince me on that.

But The whole statement is meant to create confusion as to what deal may or may not exist between Sony and Game Science. The idea the game was supposed to release much much later on the consoles also doesnt add up for the aformentioned reasons unless the Series S version of the game wasnt good. Because Game Science has confirmed they have it running on the Series consoles but are doing some "optimizations".

Note the statement doesn't answer why the game was delayed on the Series consoles? Paul Tassi specifically asked this source to comment on other deals to which the source replied. Its now presented as if the source's response to Sony's deals is related to the fact the game wasnt released on the Xbox yet its just a response about Sony's deals as a platform holders.

This is most definitely a next-generation game. I went back to Horizon Forbidden West, a great-looking game in its own right, but the geometry compared to this game is so basic. The density is also several levels below. The one thing it has going for it are the much more consistent textures. Almost everything else in Black Myth Wukong is far above.

Not at all and let me explain, See the issue with this is the part where you say "but they may have made a deal that they will provide any and all support needed and Game Science ensures optimization is done on Playstation first and foremost". This is your theory that Sony got them not to work on the Xbox version which doesnt add up for one simple reason. Once you have the game running on PC and PS5 getting it to run on the Series X is no issue at all. Xbox GDK is now the Microsoft GDK so there's a lot of similar APIs for both PC and Series X. And since the PS5 and Series X are closely matched you can easily run the PS5 version of the game(game profile) on the Series X with a faster CPU, higher mem bandwidth, more powerful GPU. DF has done this using PC GPUs to mimmick the performance of PS5s and Series X. No way they launched the game on PC + PS5 and couldn't run it well on the Series X, its going to be hard to convince me on that.

But The whole statement is meant to create confusion as to what deal may or may not exist between Sony and Game Science. The idea the game was supposed to release much much later on the consoles also doesnt add up for the aformentioned reasons unless the Series S version of the game wasnt good. Because Game Science has confirmed they have it running on the Series consoles but are doing some "optimizations".

Note the statement doesn't answer why the game was delayed on the Series consoles? Paul Tassi specifically asked this source to comment on other deals to which the source replied. Its now presented as if the source's response to Sony's deals is related to the fact the game wasnt released on the Xbox yet its just a response about Sony's deals as a platform holders.
Who said anything about Series X being an issue to run the game? My theory is that Sony was ready and willing to completely support this game, while MS had little to no interaction with the developer at all.. (which is becoming increasingly apparent.. see Enotria Xbox delay announcement) and thus with Sony providing them support, along with Xbox having essentially no presence in China or any of the eastern countries... decided to focus on Playstation and PC first and foremost.

Both of the statements "We are currently working to optimize the game for Xbox consoles to meet our quality standards, so it wont release at the same time as PS5/PC" from Game Science, and "Microsoft does not comment on deals made by out partners with other platform holders" can be true at the same time.

Game Science's response DOES indicate why the game was delayed... because it requires further optimization. Now, why would they focus on PC and PS5?... well, as I stated, there's obvious reasons they would do that even without any deal (PC and PS5 having a bit more presence in China, and certainly more worldwide... and Sony potentially offering them their full support while Xbox potentially ignored them) Microsoft's statement isn't meant to cause confusion.. it's meant to say that they're not sure why Game Science decided to focus on PS5, but that it's not an issue of their platforms limitations.. which is what people are assuming due to Series S and MS' parity clause policy.

Who said anything about Series X being an issue to run the game? My theory is that Sony was ready and willing to completely support this game, while MS had little to no interaction with the developer at all.. (which is becoming increasingly apparent.. see Enotria Xbox delay announcement) and thus with Sony providing them support, along with Xbox having essentially no presence in China or any of the eastern countries... decided to focus on Playstation and PC first and foremost.

Both of the statements "We are currently working to optimize the game for Xbox consoles to meet our quality standards, so it wont release at the same time as PS5/PC" from Game Science, and "Microsoft does not comment on deals made by out partners with other platform holders" can be true at the same time.

Game Science's response DOES indicate why the game was delayed... because it requires further optimization. Now, why would they focus on PC and PS5?... well, as I stated, there's obvious reasons they would do that even without any deal (PC and PS5 having a bit more presence in China, and certainly more worldwide... and Sony potentially offering them their full support while Xbox potentially ignored them) Microsoft's statement isn't meant to cause confusion.. it's meant to say that they're not sure why Game Science decided to focus on PS5, but that it's not an issue of their platforms limitations.. which is what people are assuming due to Series S and MS' parity clause policy.
I agree with you, only part I deviate is I think the response presented by Tassi is meant to push a narrative that there was a deal made by Sony related to exclusivity or causing defacto exclusivity. Yet they simply provided support to ensure the game run well on the PS5. The only cause for the current defacto exclusivity is Xbox's own lethargy wrt developer support as you've pointed out in the Enotria situation. The MS source likely was responding to that question related to whether there was a deal from Sony and Tassi presented it as if Xbox believes the reason for the delay is some sort of deal done by Sony. Very clever trick from Tassi imho.

This is most definitely a next-generation game. I went back to Horizon Forbidden West, a great-looking game in its own right, but the geometry compared to this game is so basic. The density is also several levels below. The one thing it has going for it are the much more consistent textures. Almost everything else in Black Myth Wukong is far above.
I wish it was available on the Series X but I think I may buy it on my sibling's PS5. Did you play it on PC or PS5? I'm honestly surprised its this good looking because Horizon Forbidden West blew me away when I first saw it.

I wish it was available on the Series X but I think I may buy it on my sibling's PS5. Did you play it on PC or PS5? I'm honestly surprised its this good looking because Horizon Forbidden West blew me away when I first saw it.
I have it on PC.

Yes. They are simply getting smart with the gaslighting. "We can't comment on any deal Sony would do". I also can't comment on any deal Sony could do ! And I know nothing about any deal in any company whatsoever but I can still say that with a straight face. :yep2:

$1Billion! Already.

I m happy that a game such as this has been a success giving a message that less is more, culture and quality sells vs trying to copy trends and force on our throats nonsensical degenerating political correctness like some other games. I hope those who tried to downplay it for ideological reasons also learned their lesson.

For me this is also very symbolic. Based on the Journey to the West, the original story was a saga that contained a lot of spiritual and philosophical messages. It was a journey of inner self discovery, development of the spirit and mind, a path towards enlightenment and true awakening.

It comes into direct contrast with other titles like Concord whose themes are the opposite, are self branded with the illusion of self awareness, it is darkness hidden under a colorful cover that feeds on confusion, artificial identities, sexual worries, that reflects external, materialistic and worldly insecurities that are fed by a system that wants the world lost.

If Concord was a tale it would have been the reverse version of the Journey to the West the monkey mind would have taken over, lose itself in the depths of the illusions, worshipping it's degeneration, lack of discipline and the surrender into the desires as the ultimate freedom.

$1Billion! Already.

I m happy that a game such as this has been a success giving a message that less is more, culture and quality sells vs trying to copy trends and force on our throats nonsensical degenerating political correctness like some other games. I hope those who tried to downplay it for ideological reasons also learned their lesson.

For me this is also very symbolic. Based on the Journey to the West, the original story was a saga that contained a lot of spiritual and philosophical messages. It was a journey of inner self discovery, development of the spirit and mind, a path towards enlightenment and true awakening.

It comes into direct contrast with other titles like Concord whose themes are the opposite, are self branded with the illusion of self awareness, it is darkness hidden under a colorful cover that feeds on confusion, artificial identities, sexual worries, that reflects external, materialistic and worldly insecurities that are fed by a system that wants the world lost.

If Concord was a tale it would have been the reverse version of the Journey to the West the monkey mind would have taken over, lose itself in the depths of the illusions, worshipping it's degeneration, lack of discipline and the surrender into the desires as the ultimate freedom.
I cant wait to play it honestly. It just sounds like a title made by people who wanted to make a fun title

Back