Bioshock Infinite

Finally a game with an interesting story. Did not finish it yet. But my main reason for playing is to find out more about the story...that happened the last time with Infamous.
Gameplay is good to. 8 hours in now...time to sleep, but looking forward to some gaming tomorrow!

Same here and I've been trying for years. I just reinstalled it last month and tried to resume a saved game. After 5 minutes I had no desire to continue and uninstalled it. It's just off somehow.

I played it for a few hours back then but the puzzle games and the dull action either annoyed or demotivated me. The game had such an interesting artwork but there was no gameplay substance for my tastes.

Finally a game with an interesting story. Did not finish it yet. But my main reason for playing is to find out more about the story...that happened the last time with Infamous.
Gameplay is good to. 8 hours in now...time to sleep, but looking forward to some gaming tomorrow!
The story is indeed intriguing and the world is complicated. The usual brain twisting bizarre Levine effort.

Beat the game. It took a bit longer then I expected, and the fights do drag on a bit near the end. But other then that the game was awesome all the way through. Loved the ending, the story always had something interesting going on, and it has some great characters. Definitely one of the better stories in gaming. Bring on a sequel already. Infinity +1.

Irrational (and looking glass before them) have always been great story tellers even the much maligned Tribes Vengeance had a good story.

Took me 15h to finish. Found over 90% of the collectible stuff. First things first: on PC this game is pure technical garbage...constant stuttering with my GTX670, independent of graphics settings and resolution...game seems to have a streaming bug...streaming occurs every 30 seconds or so. Heard game runs fine on AMD cards. Must be the worst technical game I have ever played...literally constant stuttering. Maybe the first multiplat which is technically better on consoles due to a more consistent framerate...

Besides this...game is freaking fantastic! One of the best story games I played this gen. Great universe, great way of story telling, great story, epic...also with respect to twists and length, and crazy cool ending with lots to think about.

Gameplay, i.e, shooting, is fun as well and quite solid.

Overall, the game is highly recommended, a real highlight this gen! Now up to some reading about the story...

Took me 15h to finish. Found over 90% of the collectible stuff. First things first: on PC this game is pure technical garbage...constant stuttering with my GTX670, independent of graphics settings and resolution...game seems to have a streaming bug...streaming occurs every 30 seconds or so. Heard game runs fine on AMD cards. Must be the worst technical game I have ever played...literally constant stuttering. Maybe the first multiplat which is technically better on consoles due to a more consistent framerate...

Besides this...game is freaking fantastic! One of the best story games I played this gen. Great universe, great way of story telling, great story, epic...also with respect to twists and length, and crazy cool ending with lots to think about.

Gameplay, i.e, shooting, is fun as well and quite solid.

Overall, the game is highly recommended, a real highlight this gen! Now up to some reading about the story...

Were you using the latest NV drivers? I undrstand there are quite a few optimisations in there for this game.

Anyway, despite the possible technical issues and extremely dissapointing lack of 3D Vision support I think I'm gonna go ahead and get this game. The impressions here and the reviews I've read elsewhere all seem incredible and I really enjoyed the first game.

It stutters on AMD cards too.It's miss reading amount of ram cards have.
I had to go into the Engine .ini file and change maxpoolsize to match my Vram.
It was set to about one-tenth of what my cards are. 140 instead of 1024

It took me 15 hours too. I was very thorough as well. I like to take everything in and explore, especially in games like this with such intricate storytelling. It's one of the best games I've played without a doubt, but the action does indeed grow a bit tiresome toward the end.

I'm not a big fan of the cartoonish look but this game has simply superb art direction so it's hard to complain. And the overall texture quality/resolution is top notch. The audio is also a work of art all around. It's clear they had top talent on this project. My only complaints are the polygon count being so PS360 and that I needed a ini tweak to get more FoV.

It ran excellent on my 6950. Very smooth. It only seemed to stream occasionally as I traversed the maps. Generally it ran at 60 fps at 1080p on my machine, with occasional drops to 45 fps or so. It also runs rather shockingly well on a 4850 that I have. I never tried it on my PC with a 560 Ti though so no NV experience. I did run into the audio static problem though. It comes and goes maybe every 15 minutes? Annoying but there is a fix apparently. I just ignored it.

Were you using the latest NV drivers? I undrstand there are quite a few optimisations in there for this game.

Anyway, despite the possible technical issues and extremely dissapointing lack of 3D Vision support I think I'm gonna go ahead and get this game. The impressions here and the reviews I've read elsewhere all seem incredible and I really enjoyed the first game.

Yeah, I have the latest driver. I tried one ini file fix I found in the web, but did not try the MaxPoolSize hack mentioned.

Make sure you don't use the game's frame rate lock option. It causes bad frame rate drops. It seems to act like double vsync maybe? I was frequently seeing what looked like 15 or 20 fps. Use D3DOverrider or RadeonPro instead, if you want vsync.

Hearing that it supports Move intrigues me ... Would have more likely bought it on PC now that I have one that's quite a bit more powerful than consoles, but Move has been such a joy to play with. Will look for more impressions ...

Call me crazy, but i couldn't finish Bioshock. I just couldn't force myself. Got on my friggin nerves. And i managed to finish a whole lot of less critically acclaimed fps's (most of the COD's, Dishonoured, KZ and others)...

I didn't enjoy Bioshock that much either, didn't bother with the second one. I might give this a go though.

I think it's on a whole different level than Bioshock 1. Bioshock was their "prove it can make money" Indie effort. It is certainly not claustrophobic. More ambitious in every way. I did get a little burned out on the combat though.

I think it's on a whole different level than Bioshock 1. Bioshock was their "prove it can make money" Indie effort. It is certainly not claustrophobic. More ambitious in every way. I did get a little burned out on the combat though.

If you look at their initial design documents that they released, it was far more ambitious than what they eventually released. It would have been absolutely amazing if they were able to realize their initial vision.

It took everything that was good about System Shock 2 and ramped it up to 11.

Bioshock still ended up being a fantastic game and still one of my favorites from that year. But man, just thinking of what they wanted it to be originally...oh boy.

Regards,
SB

Back