Bioshock Infinite

Chris Bischoff, the creator of videogame STASIS shows us how Bioshock Infinite would look using an isometric view, and the results are spectacular!! :oops:

STASIS-INFINITE-B.jpg

http://www.stasisgame.com/stasis-infinite/

wow Gradthrawn, thats a lot of cut content and different story we got on Infinte Final Retail :D

i've been looking at the Bioshock Infinite files but cant find any "cut content" left behind, hidden, to be enabled. I was hoping its like in Mafia 2 where many cut content and features can be enabled. Yeah this is different game, different developer, different engine, but i was hoping to see Elizabeth doing her cut content.

btw im not on US, cant access hulu

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought a copy of the PS3 version (sealed) on ebay in Canada and I noticed something odd about my copy... there's a little clear sticker on the top left with a red triangle on it. It was underneath the factory seal. I looked at other copies on ebay and only a few of them have this sticker. Just wondering if this sticker means anything.

Quick! Play the game and see of its actually another bioshock infinite from another infinite world.

See If it have a horse scene

Really great game. I skipped BS2 but I liked this more than BS1. Loved the story telling and the writing was excellent. Gameplay is also a refreshing change from the typical FPS. Probably one of my favorite games this gen. Played it on PS3 and some textures are really bad, but the overall game looks great thanks to great art design.

Eli, damn it, Eli! If you're going to abbreviate a name like Elizabeth, do it right! Eli, Liz, or even Beth, but not Eliz! :p

This trailer shows some of it (for example at 2:00 and 2:50). VideoGamerTV's "Everything Bioshock Infinite Gets Wrong" may be a bit long but they touch on some of her "missing" powers as well (and shows the supporting clips like the future New York rift she never opens in the actual game but was apart of the early gameplay footage).

EDIT

This short interview also shows some of the removed elements.

EDIT 2

Took a closer look at the current trailer on Hulu (not the extended trailer, the regular one). Nothing in the trailer actually appears in the game. Not in gameplay, not even in cutscene. :LOL:

Are u saying that opening gateways to future is not in the final game??? That was the hilight of the initial trailer ! I was looking forward to playing it and seeing how we can use such powers ni combat.

the gateway on Bioshock Infinite is just an "area specific accessory" that you can choose what is being enabled.

Its like in mario where you can make invisible platform become visible by hitting some hovering box. and use that new platform to your advantage.

in Bioshock infinite, the hovering box is Eliz. Instead hitting the hovering box, you yell at Eliz to activate the "area specific accesory".

Good game, but I don't understand why people are going crazy over the story. While story telling is very good, story itself has all the scifi cliches, plus probably unmatched degree of illogicalness in addition to the deus ex machina ending.

I have to say though, as an AI sidekick Elizabeth is like the next generation Alyx, which is very welcome.

Good game, but I don't understand why people are going crazy over the story. While story telling is very good, story itself has all the scifi cliches, plus probably unmatched degree of illogicalness in addition to the deus ex machina ending.

I have to say though, as an AI sidekick Elizabeth is like the next generation Alyx, which is very welcome.

Did you read the Neogaf spoiler thread? Lot's of stuff is explained which is a bit difficult to catch in the first playthrough...

the gateway on Bioshock Infinite is just an "area specific accessory" that you can choose what is being enabled.

Its like in mario where you can make invisible platform become visible by hitting some hovering box. and use that new platform to your advantage.

in Bioshock infinite, the hovering box is Eliz. Instead hitting the hovering box, you yell at Eliz to activate the "area specific accesory".

is that all ? So, there's no jumping between dimensions to solve puzzles or bringing objects from other time periods? I was guessing that combat would be very imaginitive like opening up portals to bring hazards from other times to kill enemies.
Is there nothing like that? cos I was about to buy this game from psn......:unsure:

Betan is right. The Neogaf thread is only proof of the richness of the quality of Storytelling, the plot is well constructed and tied together, but the core itself is just loony sci-fi sillyness. With all the religious, social and political themes the game skims through, there is no real-life meaning to be taken out of the game. I have much more admiration for simpler plots, with more insightfull social comentary, ala Red Dead Redemption, though that to, if compared to literature, or even cineam is still pretty primitive and un-elegant. But games will get there, eventually.

is that all ? So, there's no jumping between dimensions to solve puzzles or bringing objects from other time periods? I was guessing that combat would be very imaginitive like opening up portals to bring hazards from other times to kill enemies.
Is there nothing like that? cos I was about to buy this game from psn......:unsure:

I think that what people get from this game is really up to themselves. Now, that is a tired old line used to many times, so let me flesh it out a bit. When i started this game i was a total virgin, i never played any of the other bioshock games, and i guess it doesn't really matter. First 20 minutes was spend enjoying the splndid graphics, the awesome art direction, i took my time. And then sht got real. And i was in a classic FPS game, but the entire tone of the game changed with a bit of ultra violence.

And shit kept on getting real in more than one sense, and i enjoyed my ride even though i didn't really grasp or understood the scale of what the f*ck was going on around me, And the story was spaced out with a good first person shooter, with plenty of refreshment in terms of combat. Nothing earth shattering but still more than enough to keep me entertained. I think the game gives of the impression of being total self confident in the way it presents it's story, and how it sometimes toys with the player. Slight SPOILERS AHEAD Get used to having elisabeth around you as a help.. well lets see how you handle without her.. you start to enjoy her company, lets try and see how you feel when she is angry with you.. and it works..it's a twisted road and it's worth the admission price.

And shit just keeps on getting real.. one of the best games i have played, so great i intend to play it again in 1999 mode..

Now, lets turn it on the head, if you tend to brute force through shooter games with only the intention of causing chaos and killing as many as possible, and you skip through all dialog , ingame movies etc, then there is a great looking fps games in bioshock. I think this game is pure art on many levels rarely seen in games with this kind of budget and should be enjoyed as such , so ease up, slow down, enjoy the game :)

Bioshock infinite is a good game but don't expect so much things from eliz ability to bring another dimension.

The other thing you can bring from another dimension are the same thing that available on normal dimension.

Can't explain more specific, it will become spoiler.

But if you keep walking forward and keep trolling enemy with your magic attack, the game become enjoyable.

There a few moments where the scene are awesome and I feel so touched. They are very far apart and between them are filled with lots of gun gun gun.

But if you like the gun battle, bioshock infinite will be a good game.
I dislike the gun battle but already feel this game are good.

Just don't forget to keep moving forward, don't think. If you start to stop, turn around, enjoying the details.... Lots of the smoke and mirrors become noticeable.

But if you want to know the complete story, you need to stop and see the details. Or just read the GAF topic :D

^^ hmmm....thats strange cos Bioshock 1 was a thinking man's shooter. It was all about laying traps, hacking turrets to aid you and quickly maknig decisions in combat. Sometimes I used to have two or three flying turrets flying around with me to help me out.

And it was all about the atmosphere. Stopping and staring was integral to the game, as it was dripping with details and mood.

Anyways, will be buying this from psn today, will play by weekend. Lets see whats so good or bad about it.
Frankly speaking, i don't like anyof the gameplay videos I see. Somehow, they lack the 'oomph' , the personality.

Back