Bioshock Infinite

Great trailer!

Not sure I can agree with a trailer that shows zero gameplay as being great (at least not as being representative of the game itself).

It's beautiful for sure but considering how far away the game release date is despite already having been in development for 3 years and that they went with a CGI trailer, my cynical mind smells vapourware.

IMHO of course.

Cheers

I think it's easy to describe that trailer as great, without it needing to result in a great game.

The trailer, it was great, itself. On its own.

I think it's also a great idea to go from undersea to above earth. The trailer had the 'feel' of Bioshock even though it was a completely different environment and takes place outside of Rapture.

I didn't even know such a game was in the works, this comes as great news to me!

Could be interesting. Got that Laputa feeling sorta. Even the "Big Daddy" robot-hand.

Wonder if they'll have any meaningful ties to Andrew Ryan or Rapture story-wise.

The trailer had the 'feel' of Bioshock even though it was a completely different environment and takes place outside of Rapture.
I agree. I wasn't sure what to think when I heard of the change of venue, but this looks interesting.

Suppose I should play the second game sometime, yeah?

Could be interesting. Got that Laputa feeling sorta. Even the "Big Daddy" robot-hand.

Wonder if they'll have any meaningful ties to Andrew Ryan or Rapture story-wise.

Pretty sure this happens in like 1913 while the water city of bioshock isn't made till the 20s.

So this is like a prequel

It's just a choice - at some point your project is going to get out there whether you want it or not. They decided to get it out there pro-actively and with a trailer, a bunch of interviews, podcast appearance etc. I think he's on the latest Gamers with Jobs podcast, which had its 200th anniversary last week.

The trailer to me suggests that this game might actually be taking place inside someone's head, which is a great idea.

Guess its the same engine ie. modified UE2.5 (though I hope they do better textures this time around as it was obviously the low point of the first two games) Anyways the lighting is very impressive to begin with...I'm already a fan of it. Gameplay wise its just like Bioshock with more scripted events & set pieces....(donno if that's supposed to be good or bad).

And boy is that chick ugly or what....entirely messed up body proportion and whats with the goofy disney like body animation ? If you can't have proper mocap then simply don't use excessive body movements while animating your model.

Wasn't BS UE3? I think I remember seeing to logo on startup. Anyway I believe in a interview they said they made a all new engine but they way it looks I think it looks very much like BS.

Guess its the same engine ie. modified UE2.5 (though I hope they do better textures this time around as it was obviously the low point of the first two games) Anyways the lighting is very impressive to begin with...I'm already a fan of it. Gameplay wise its just like Bioshock with more scripted events & set pieces....(donno if that's supposed to be good or bad).

And boy is that chick ugly or what....entirely messed up body proportion and whats with the goofy disney like body animation ? If you can't have proper mocap then simply don't use excessive body movements while animating your model.

Its not the same engine. This one is based on UE3 but heavily modified.

It's certainly amazingly pretty but it does look completely scripted to me.

Even though I've only tried the first one and the whole Bioshock distopian bad acid flashback atmosphere never really grabbed me I'll keep an eye on this.

WOW. Do want! :) That was pretty cool. I wonder if they are going to try to do some of the things they originally wanted to do in Bioshock but weren't able to. Original Bioshock design documents show a game that would have been absolutely incredible. The game ended up only doing half of what they wanted, if that.

Regards,
SB

Back