Bioshock Infinite

I am terribly afraid of heights and games like this usually give me that same feeling, oddly I can't wait! I do hope that this game has that vibe that BS1 had, where you can't play with the lights off at 2am and not be looking behind you.

Call me crazy, but i couldn't finish Bioshock. I just couldn't force myself. Got on my friggin nerves. And i managed to finish a whole lot of less critically acclaimed fps's (most of the COD's, Dishonoured, KZ and others)...

I've being playing this for a few hours and it is beautiful.

A very solid framerate so far and no tearing on 360. The FXAA? works well here.

This game is reminding me of Dishonored as much as Bioshock. I'm really liking it.

For some reason major electronic retailers in Germany seem hell-bent on selling this lovely gem of a game for as little money as possible. I picked it up for 30€ yesterday. If I was willing to take a 30 minute subway ride I'd have gotten it for 25€.

I picked it up on the PS3 and I'm loving it so far. Irrational did a fantastic job here, and that incudes making the game look as good as possible on every system. This is up there with Arkham City as far as Unreal Engine 3 games on the PS3 are concerned.

Bought the game off of PSN and it runs pretty smooth even during intense firefights.
There are screen tearing here and there but they aren't that noticeable.
I think people will be happy with both version.

Call me crazy, but i couldn't finish Bioshock. I just couldn't force myself. Got on my friggin nerves. And i managed to finish a whole lot of less critically acclaimed fps's (most of the COD's, Dishonoured, KZ and others)...

Same here and I've been trying for years. I just reinstalled it last month and tried to resume a saved game. After 5 minutes I had no desire to continue and uninstalled it. It's just off somehow.

Same here and I've been trying for years. I just reinstalled it last month and tried to resume a saved game. After 5 minutes I had no desire to continue and uninstalled it. It's just off somehow.

Bioshock 1 was fun. Bioshock 2 was a no-go, more of the same stuff.

I got the PS3 version and I'm quite impressed with the visuals. Quite colorfull.

Some negatives:

- The AI of the police agents in the beginning is a joke.
- Not so impressed with the character animations and specially the facials. Have seen much better.
- Nice story telling so far. Like the intro !!
- It's fairly linear, not a world where you can really explore.
- Some tearing here and there and a little stutter when things get complex.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know there are
SPOILER
tags right? Or at least use enough carriage returns that there's screen space between where you say "spoiler" and when you actually start to spoil the game for the rest of us.

Playing the PC/Steam version. This is a great game i really like the .. well i honestly like everything about it, it's a FPS as we know it, but the setting, design, the everything is top notch.

Never really cared for the original Bioshock, but I'm liking this one. Elizabeth makes for a great companion. And I like all the slower bits in between the shooting. Those really help flesh out the world and the characters.

Yeah the world is very well done. There is lots of detail. All of the working carnival and arcade stuff in the game is particularly impressive. Everything has seemingly had a lot of thought put into it.

People were saying back when Bioshock came out that if it was successful that it would finally allow this game type to flourish. Bioshock Infinite is certainly an example of the genre taken to the next level. So was Dishonored.

The original Bioshock wasn't mind blowing for me either but I enjoyed it. I need to push through Bioshock 2 sometime.

i'll post this here since there is no thread about this game in pc gaming
you need to plug in a controller to tun off auto aim (so ive read dont have it yet)
I'm actually quite insulted by this, I'm a pc gamer why would I need auto aim

Back