Beyond: Two Souls

I just played it for a bit. It looks great, some aliasing is present but nothing crazy. I would not recommend this easily to players who played it on PS3, only to new players. Game is still very pretty, but I notice it does not have that "nextgen PBR" material rendering look. Still, it's quite miracle what QD managed to pull out of PS3 hardware.

Screenshots are being uploaded, will add here few and rest in screenshots thread soon.

edit -

beyond_twosouls_20151ozksj.png

beyond_twosouls_201516ljzg.png

beyond_twosouls_20151hwkc0.png

beyond_twosouls_20151h0klg.png

beyond_twosouls_20151tnjs2.png

Last edited:

GTA V was technically a remaster, not a "port".

You just don't add enhanced textures, lighting and first person perspective view which dramatically changes the game. Not to mention additional draw distance and traffic cars/pedestrians. And lock the framerate.

Enhanced textures? where? What I see here on this comparison is improvement of resolution texture on the background, probably a better LOD on PS4. Otherwise I see identical textures that are better rendered on PS4 thanks to the improved resolution.

PS4
http://i.imgur.com/OE9YJft.jpg

PS3
http://i.imgur.com/Gqi48gb.jpg

The vegetation is improved I'll give you that but those are the same textures with the same trilinear filtering than the PS3 game. Very disappointing and at still 30fps (not even stable at launch).

Lighting is also very similar in both IMO (so kinda flat).

And the input lag is much worse than the PS3 version:

I think the GOTG reputation of this game has obscured the judgment of the whole gaming community IMO. But technically It's a very average remaster compared to many others remasters we have seen in this gen:

- Still only 30fps
- Same textures (those are improved by higher native resolution but that's it in all pics I have seen).
- Same trilinear filtering (Eww).
- Worse input lag (seriously how did they fuck this up?)

+ Stable 30fps (after many patches) compared to PS360 version
+ Better lod (textures + objects I think)
+ Better vegetation
+ Better shadows (duh)
+ Slightly better water and lighting, maybe.

But where it really counts IMO (fps, textures and input lag) it's the same or even worse. Did they even improve the number of polygons on the models?

Last edited:
The PS3 v PS4 face off is up on DF and they're quite happy with it.
I got it last night when I got home (drunk), before seeing the article, so quite happy with that.

Yeah considering this was a PS3 game, it looks freaking incredible. Nothing touches Until Dawn - and probably won't for a while - but this was a PS3 game! Amazing. Enjoying it so far.

Back