Best War movies

Cheezdoodles

+ 1
Veteran
Every now and then i feel like watching war movies (i prefer tac-ops and "realism"), like Black Hawk Down, since my memory isn't what it used to be, maybe i could get some good suggestion for movies i might i have missed (or should see again).

Anyways, my favorite war movie (with the story in present time, would be Black Hawk Down, other than that, Saving Private Ryan)

Whats yours

Not in any particular order. These would probably make my top 10 war movies list:

Lawrence of Arabia
Spartacus
A Bridge on the River Kwai
Patton
Saving Private Ryan
Glory
Sergent York (I really like this movie)
Where Eagles Dare
Tora! Tora! Tora! (Great WW2 movie)

Apocalypse Now (rip off of Heart of Darkness but a GREAT flick)
Platoon
Saving Pvt Ryan

Full Metal Jacket
Thin Red Line
Apocalypse Now.

Also count Platoon, even though it's a distant fourth in my eyes.

Hamburger Hill.
I remember that being banned in the UK back in the day, and when I finally got round to watching it in my early 20s, I understood why. Brilliant movie.

War movies suck, but if I had to choose one it would be the good ole Deer Hunter. Mr. Walken is just great.

Full Metal Jacket, Where eagles dare.
I love that latter one, stupid (or not!) and fun, especially if you liked the wolfenstein games :)

Hamburger Hill.

Period.

Apocalypse Now is great too.

Heh, we got to watch that in boot camp in our last week. About the only "good" time I had on Parris Island. Even though we had to sit nut to butt for the whole thing.

War movies suck, but if I had to choose one it would be the good ole Deer Hunter. Mr. Walken is just great.

Agreed. Especially those that don't convey the horror of war. Haven't seen the Deer Hunter in years. Fantastic depressing moving. The Russian Rulette scenes are still bright in my brain though.

All Quiet on the Western Front

Cry Havoc

Lawrence of Arabia

Apocalypse Now

Full Metal Jacket

I'll add more later on

Back