best friend's wife (uh-oh)

digitalwanderer said:
Yes, but this is a different scary Tim.

What's really scary is that Tim was in Cincinnati at a hotel last year and wanted me to drive down and meet him. I assumed meet him at a local restaurant or the hotel lobby, but now I'm not so sure. :devilish:

I actually just wanted to see how the light reflected off of his forehead and try to estimate how long it would take to have an effect like that in a game. Then again, that game might have been Doom 3--I'm not sure.

The Baron said:
I actually just wanted to see how the light reflected off of his forehead and try to estimate how long it would take to have an effect like that in a game. Then again, that game might have been Doom 3--I'm not sure.

I would've emasculated you upon entering the same room.

Has this thread ran the gamut of perverted topics yet?

Nite_Hawk said:
(...)He better be willing to accept that his action were bad if everything gets totally fucked up.

well at first i did feel like shit because i thought i had fucked up her entire life, i felt like i had seduced and con'd her into it. But that was before I really got to talk to her about it afterwards. If she does end up unhappy of course I'm going to blame (hate) myself for the rest of my life for it.

Sage said:
If she does end up unhappy of course I'm going to blame (hate) myself for the rest of my life for it.

No, you won't. Even if it does end up in a seriously bad place you will rationalise it for yourself. It isn't that this is a bad thing so much to do - just stop trying to pretend to be something you aren't.

Um joy.

Digi that was a cool story, I skipped all the pages to the last one so maybe there was something else interesting, but I don't really give a shit about the drama, it seems stupid. I know that I too might do something crazy.

Sage said:
If she does end up unhappy of course I'm going to blame (hate) myself for the rest of my life for it.

Nonsense. Why should you? She's a grown up person and knows what she's doing.

And didn't I tell you that you should stop seeing her now?

Ouch.

Sage people who are absorbed with themselves end up unhappy.

A real relationship involves putting the other person before yourself and vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:
rwolf said:
A real relationship involves putting the other person before yourself and vice versa.

No! You should put noone before yourself. In a real relationship, there is love, respect and all, but not the option of becoming someone's personal slave.

You put the mutual good before yourselves. That doesn't strictly mean that you put the other person before yourself all the time, and it doesn't mean you never put the other person before yourself. Generally it means that you compromise such that you both benefit.

Nite_Hawk

_xxx_ said:
No! You should put noone before yourself. In a real relationship, there is love, respect and all, but not the option of becoming someone's personal slave.

Then theres no hope for you. You will never be realy happy and never know what happiness is. Putting ppl before yourself is real LOVE and if you can't see that then there is realy no hope for you.

rwolf said:
Sage people who are absorbed with themselves end up unhappy.A real relationship involves putting the other person before yourself and vice versa.
Lots of good wisdom there, and it applies a great deal to me although I never really realized it 'til I read your post....same with the next:

Nite_Hawk said:
You put the mutual good before yourselves. That doesn't strictly mean that you put the other person before yourself all the time, and it doesn't mean you never put the other person before yourself. Generally it means that you compromise such that you both benefit.
For me my family is the "mutual good", and that is my focus and primary concern...I just never realized how much happier of a person I have been since I started thinking/behaving that way.

I think I take the greatest joy out of life by bringing joy to others. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back