best friend's wife (uh-oh)

Sage said:
yup. uh-oh. not a good situation.
Dude, it is sooo wrong on so many levels that I can honestly say if you're meaning that you slept with another man's wife I'm truly disapointed in you. :(

The Dig don't do the infidelity thing nor condones it, on any side of the equation.

hey69 said:
and fuck her anyway :LOL:
i did it, it was one of the best one nights I had muhehhee :devilish:

Congradulations.. Welcome to the land of Broken trust, Sleazyness, and adultry.

Is it any wonder what the state of the world is today with people thinking the way theu do. Total self gratification and nothing else takes up about 90% of peoples energy. Regardless of the price to be paid at the end.

nonono, here's the situation.

Let's call my friend Tim. Tim has a wife named Kim. I met Tim through a previous job and we are amazingly alike. Even physically quite similar. Only difference is he's a few years ahead of me in life (28ish i think). So, we have naturally become pretty good friends over the last few months. Kim and I also have a lot in common, we're almost opposite gender of the same person. So, of course, we quite enjoy each others company. But, remember, I'm a lot like her husband so obviously I'm her type. And, I never get into arguments or anything with her (which is unavoidable on occasion if you live with someone). So, she has become attracted to me. He knows that and it has been really bothering him and making him all pissy. He's paranoid that she's going to leave him for me. Over the weekend I helped her with a paper for a graduate course she's taking. Last night she was making plans to come over to my place today to bring me the latest version. I get home at 5:30, she gets out of class at 4:30, so she was going to meet me there right about when i got there. But, because of traffic (easy to get into dallas, impossible to get out between 4 and 6) she's have to stay around for 0.5-1 hour. So, she suggested we get lunch / dinner. He then told her "I can't believe you're going this to me!" Kim doesnt have a lot of friends and isnt very social, Tim often tells her she should be more social. If I were a girl there wouldnt be any problem here :(

Kim and I did have a little discussion yesterday in which we discussed whats going on between us... I was quite amazed to hear someone (especially someone married) tell me that they're attracted to me. And she also told said that "the animal part of me just want to..." but then also that despite that, the rational part of her brain will never allow that to happen because she does take marriage very seriously and she's not going to have an affair.

She accidentally let it slip the other night when they were having one of their emotional arguments that he'd had an affair. Most things they are totally open about with everyone (they'll have loud, emotional arguments in front of people and not care) but this, as soon as it was said, everyone got quiet and finally he said to her "that's between us" and that was like a big deal.

she asked me if she thought a man and a woman could be just friends. i said yes but im not too sure about that.

Doh... it's just sounds bad. I hate to say it, but the guy has every reason to not trust, and even be jealous (which is a terrible thing to be in my mind) of this relationship. There are just too many roads that end badly where this could go. I think this is one of those situations where you need to show the better judgement, and only socialize with her when her husband is around, and perhaps it would be better to minimize interaction with them for a spell and do your own thing.

Sage said:
nonono, here's the situation.

blah, blah...

I want her. Badly.

Do what you think is right and you won't regret it. Be open-minded, listen, watch (out), learn and then move on and use that knowledge. That's the way it works, you see it yourself.

F*ck her. For the love of God, f*ck her for me! For meeeeee!!

I had a similar experience in the late 80s. Didn't turn out so well. Some stones are best left unturned.

And if I was the husband, she'd be out of my life in no time. If he's such an idiot than he deserves it.

[PHYLOSOPHER MODE]
She'll do it with someone else anyway if not with you, so why shouldn't YOU use the possibility and just enjoy it? You would like to, I get? But DON'T START A RELATIONSHIP, that will always end in something very bad.
[/PHYLOSOPHER MODE]

I'm not trying to tell you to do the right thing necessarily because it IS the "right thing to do", I'm advising you to avoid this whole adventure because I can pretty much guarantee you that NOTHING good will come of it.

Dude, you don't want to get involved with someone elses relationship as it's failing...you're just giving them someone to focus their blame/anger on, and you're going to be getting a rebound relationship with the wife at best and she IF you happen to really get a relationship out of it (highly doubtful) you'll be starting off from the get go with a whole lot of baggage.

Bad, BAD plan...totally a lose/lose situation. :(

You call him your "best friend".

If that is true, friends do not boink said friends' significant others.

If you wish for him to continue being your friend it would be best to stop interacting at a personal one-on-one level with his wife. If you were his friend you may also consider they get marriage counselling to deal with these types of issues.

Finally, think about it: If you were married and had made vows with a woman, how would you feel of "Tim" decided to boink your wife and to defile that committment?

Blah blah blah Golden Rule. You ge the jist. If the Golden Rule does not apply, the karma. If that does not work... well, basic friends pact: Only scum sleap with their friends gf/wife!

Worst story (from a man's perspective) that I know of. My wife used to work with this nurse who was married and who started having an affair on her husband with a co-worker. She gets pregnant, has a little girl, divorces her husband, and subsequently marries the boyfriend. Now, the kicker is that the first husband believes the daughter is his. A few years go by and the new hubbie starts running his mouth around work about how he'd been banging his wife while seh was married to the first husband. This eventually gets back to the old hubbie, who decides to have a little testing done. Sure enough, the little girl, now around age 5-6, isn't his. He'd been paying child support all along (the divorce occurred within a few months after the girl was born). Talk about absolutely heart breaking (and makes me very glad my only child is her daddy writ small <g>).

The wife started having an affair on hubbie #2 with a co-worker, eventually doing a divorce/remarry repeat (sans pregnancy). Karma sure is a bitch.

My advice is to kill her and your best friend. It's a radical solution, I know, but I think it will be for the best. Let me know how it works out.

If you do like her stay close and wait for them to break up on thier own. It will most likely happen as he has cheated on her .

Wow, very sad John. Sorry to hear that bad stuff on your side :(

Adultery/infidelity can really screw up a home. Almost guaranteed.

I knew a gentleman whose father, married for 30 years, was sleeping with his fiancé and got her pregnant :oops: Imagine how he felt when she told him, "I am pregnant... with your dad's child".

vomit-smiley-024.gif

From a relationship perspective adultry is not really a "high reward" type deal. If you cheat with someone they would cheat on you, so there is nothing of substance. From the human perspective you are helping to crap all over someone elses life--and that often includes children :(

People find it easy enough to screw up their own lives without having other people "help".

Back