Best article from the INQ

Yep people are talking about that on the Console Forum. Pretty sad from them to resort to quoting fake interviews. But i guess there's a lot of people who like that crap so...

I mean, this is Jerry Springer level of sadness here.

Apparently Microsoft was making a bid to buy Nintendo for absolutely huge amounts of money. Vole was confident that Nintendo would take it. The Game Cube wasn't doing particularly well at the time and there was a lot of money involved. Ballmer himself showed up at the negotiations to have a quiet word.

However Yamaushi didn't like the deal, which he saw as a loss on a level similar to World War Two. He said he ranted a bit about Japanese values and identity but it went no-where. So in the end he said in Japanese "suck my yellow balls Mr Ballmer".

The translator looked embarrassed and was clearly not translating the phrase exactly, although Ballmer did smile at a sentence that included the word 'yellow' in it.

Frustrated Yamaushi stood on a chair, put his hands around his mouth and very slowly and in English said: "Hey Ballmer why don't you suck my tiny yellow balls."
I don't keep up on the console scene, but this interests me....where the hell did the Inquirererer pull this one from and what is the real story behind it? :|

Well, the fact that MS tried at one point to talk to Nintendo about a take over is a well known fact. So the story behind it is true, but really... this is way over the top.

why?

well at least Nintendo showed them there will be a proper fight if they try to take them over forcefully... I guess they refrained from pursuing the whole quest further.

Sometimes just an act can have a huge influence, as it shows all the determination... surely one of the finer points in the japanese history :LOL: MSFT got the point, it seems...

Clearly there were no turning the tables after this... at least they didn'thave a fist fight :D

Why what?

Do you really believe that article describes what happened in reality? Do you really believe that:
Frustrated Yamaushi stood on a chair, put his hands around his mouth and very slowly and in English said: "Hey Ballmer why don't you suck my tiny yellow balls."

I know i don't.

why not? why should every single corporate meeting look like church on sunday?....

Yamaushi sounds like old school japanese.....natioalitstic and deep into traditional values, while he sees Ballmer&co. as bad influence. such person might have done it..... i think he would be proud to show then, he even referenced WW2 into this.....

if whole article isnt fake offcourse.

silence said:
why not? why should every single corporate meeting look like church on sunday?....

Yamaushi sounds like old school japanese.....natioalitstic and deep into traditional values, while he sees Ballmer&co. as bad influence. such person might have done it..... i think he would be proud to show then, he even referenced WW2 into this.....

if whole article isnt fake offcourse.

If he were old school he'd merely give Ballmer a gift of a sharp edge trinket (knife, scissors, whatever) and smile and bow. That's a traditional "old school" way of saying piss off (symbolic of cutting the relationship).

Dame des.

1) The article is fake.

2) People who thought that a person such as Yamaushi was reduce himself to a mixture of raving xenophobic lunatic and schoolyard punk need their heads examined ASAP.

Back