Because last-gen remasters are too mainstream: SE presents Final Fantasy X Re-Re-Remaster for PS4

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by ToTTenTranz, Mar 3, 2015.

1. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran Subscriber

2. London-boy

London-boy Shifty's daddy
    Legend Subscriber

How re-re-mastered is this re-master? If it doesn't look like the FMV cutscenes during normal gameplay, all the time, I'm not interested. :nope:

Just kidding, I'd play FFX all over again if I had the time.

3. DSoup

DSoup meh

I think I'll wait for the Final Fantasy X | X2 HD Remaster | Extreme Definitive Edition. Because, you know, it's just a matter of time.

4. tuna

Veteran

I'll buy it if it has jap voices.

5. Inuhanyou

Regular

I ALREADY BOUGHT THE PS2 VERSION AND THE PS3 VERSION SE! YOUR SO MONEY GRUBBING ITS SICK! NOT PAYING A CENT FOR THIS GARBAGE!

JK i know i'll be there day one, love FF10.

BTW, there are some comparison scans here

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1002706 at supposedly native res. Can any of the pixel counters tell if there was down-sampling applied?

6. ToTTenTranz

Look at these spectacular graphics that were completely impossible to render in the PS3 because of reasons:

[​IMG]

You mean you skipped the Vita version? Heretic!

7. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

I'd call this a remake, not a remaster, but to each their own. This game is clearly a remake.

8. Inuhanyou

Regular

Technically i did buy that recently for a friend cause he owns a Vita TV and never played the original. Meh..i guess i'll sell my PS3 version to clear out space for the new version...whatever, its a great game, i aint even mad like that.

9. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

STEELBOOK version

Steel my rear... its a bloody plastic. a EVANGELION ANIME VCD is the only true "Steel case" i ever have and now full of rust.

10. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

Afaik the only redeeming feature in this PS4 version is the option to listen to the original score besides the orchestral remaster?

FFX was quite possibly the most boring FF I ever tried playing, after FFXIII. I won't soon buy one again. I only liked 7,8 and 12.

11. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

Remaster is taking the original material and reworking it into Better (different edit, colour correction, remove blemishes, improve special effects). Remake is starting again from scratch to make a new version of the old creation. This is a 'remaster'.

Or better 'recycling'. Or 'milking'. Or 'exploitation of a bizarre addiction FFX fans to buy the same game over and over again'.

Wouldn't it be funny if Sony announced, 6 months after people bought this, full PS2 BC on PS4 with upscaled visuals...

Cyan likes this.
  12. Sigfried1977

Veteran

Why not remaster FFXII instead. That game was so amazing.:-(

13. tuna

Veteran

Because it would cost more and sell less?

14. MrFox

MrFox Deludedly Fantastic
    Legend Veteran

Finally someone else figured out how to print money like Nintendo have done for the last 20 years. Remake games forever.

(I'm being snarky but I think it's cool)

15. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

why its only HALO and Homeworld that got proper remaster... most other remaster just a simple "render at higher resolution, replace a few texture with a wee-bit more detailed here and there).

heck, a "fan remaster" is even more awesome (something like Xenoblade PC-Dolphin High-res asset by fans)

16. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

hahah, that would be nice, they could call it FFX: Shifty's Remaster Quest... I don't know about you, but I've never been into FF games, although it will be interesting to know how this game will turn out but with those premises I don't see it really suited for the PS4. There are a lot of nice games that deserve a revisit from that era though..

17. ToTTenTranz

[​IMG][​IMG]

Because after looking at this character some press would scream "MISOGYNEEHH", "OMG LINGERIE ARMOR" and call it a game that drives women out of the industry and promotes rape.
    Also, the game seems to be about saving a princess at first, so damsel in distress and patriarchy.

Final Fantasy X-2 features a girl-band saving the world, so that's okay.

orangpelupa likes this.
  18. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

i have to wonder though... how the feeling of wearing armor as tight as that O_O

btw FF XII on PC

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Need texture mod...

19. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

It's surprisingly comfortable and reassuring once you get used to it. Mobility is excellent and the aeration is great for keeping perspiration to a minimum, a significant problem with conventional full-bodied armours.

Cyan, dobwal and orangpelupa like this.
  20. Sigfried1977

Veteran

Well, Fran (the bunny lady) and her companion Balthier are generally considered to be FFXII's best characters, so safe for a couple of harmless remarks on her attire I wouldn't expect an outrage here. Besides, if FFXV's Cidney is any indication, SE doesn't really give much of a fuck about the professionally offended twitter sphere.