Battlefield: Bad Company for PS3 & 360

Why would they have DOF in a multiplayer game?

Not entirely sure why they wouldn't, but the game is supposedly more single player-focussed anyway - they want it to be the best single player Battlefield experience to date, apparently.

As for the shots..I want to believe. The faces are pretty great, the modelling complexity is nothing too special, but the lighting puts it all over the top, at least as far as the characters go (the lone vehicle shot isn't quite as stand-out)..but I'm still a little wary of some next-gen media, so I really want to see more, and footage.

Also, how are these shots out on the web already? GameInformer has the article in their newest issue (haven't seen it), but their site doesn't have these shots yet.

found some details
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat is a staple in the top Xbox Live Games for who knows how long. However, the release of an all new Battlefield title called Battlefield 2: Bad Company, could spell the end BFMC's reign.

EA hasn't released any juicy details on the game yet, much less a release date; however they did say that they are hoping to improve the single player campaign and deliver high standards of online action once more. The September issue of Game Informer also reveals what DICE's plans are for the multiplayer support for the game. They stressed that this is definitely not a renamed version of the PC title Battlefield 2142.

Battlefield: Bad Company is not only available for the Xbox 360 but to the PLAYSTATION 3 as well. Some gamers are reporting that this will come out some time Spring of 2007, with fully destructible environments and four main characters for players to use.

Thanks so much to Hummer for the tip!
http://ps3.qj.net/Battlefield-Bad-Company-Xbox-360-and-PS3-Bound/pg/49/aid/62435

Not entirely sure why they wouldn't, but the game is supposedly more single player-focussed anyway - they want it to be the best single player Battlefield experience to date, apparently.

As for the shots..I want to believe. The faces are pretty great, the modelling complexity is nothing too special, but the lighting puts it all over the top, at least as far as the characters go (the lone vehicle shot isn't quite as stand-out)..but I'm still a little wary of some next-gen media, so I really want to see more, and footage.

Also, how are these shots out on the web already? GameInformer has the article in their newest issue (haven't seen it), but their site doesn't have these shots yet.
it looks incredible but I'm thinking they'll still want to have a very strong multiplayer side so something like that might look good in single player but wouldn't be really good if you're trying to catch another team's base.

Someone said on another forum that the screenshots were up on the GameInformer site for a while and he was able to grab the screenshots from there before they removed them. And then they spread :)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this will be EA's first Unreal Engine 3 licenced game out.

You are a brave man.

Earlier today this information was part of press release www.dice.se, but now it's been removed. :?:

'Digital Illusions reveal new title - Battlefield: Bad Company

Today Digital Illusions (DICE) revealed the new title Battlefield: Bad Company for XBox360 and PS3. Battlefield: Bad Company is scheduled for release during 2007 and is one of the previously announced games without title.

Battlefield: Bad Company is a completely new game which uses "Frostbite", DICE's in-house developed game engine.'

It also said it will later be available on PC and PSP.

The swedish press release also speaks of a cinematic single player part that is filled with adventure and dark humor that has never before been experienced in the battlefield series. The gaming world is supposed to be 90% destructable and speaks of endless possibilities. The battlefield will change forcing players to continoulsy change the tactics.

More information about the PC and PSP versions will be presented at a later date.

Well congratulations , repi, this looks really nice!:)

Thank you :) I've/we've been working on it for quite a while now pretty much building the tech from the ground up. Still lots of work to be done tough, these are quite early screenshots.

Thank you :) I've/we've been working on it for quite a while now pretty much building the tech from the ground up. Still lots of work to be done tough, these are quite early screenshots.

So I guess I was completely wrong then when I guessed the UE3. I guess it was the two big guys on that one screenshot ...

Are you working on any specific version of the engine? (PC/360/PS3)

Whoever did the depth of field code needs a raise :)

About time someone did DOF right, not just interpolating to a blurred copy. Yay for sharp edges

Back