Battlefield 4 official discussion/thread. [PS4,XO,PS3,X360]

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf9m3d0nt7E">YouTube Link</a>

Holy Wow ! I think they just showed off all the MP maps in there !!

Wow, amazing!!

In my opinion, Frostbite 3 respectively BF 4 is way way ahead of the competition. It seems to me that so far, DICE is the only dev that opens the door to next gen with its levolution.

Can't wait. Wish I could visit GC this year...the last time I visited GC, I waited 5.5h in a row of crazy people to test BF3 MP for 15minutes :)

Yeah ! The stuff just beats the pulp out of the competition ! But then they haven't shown what it plays or looks like on consoles, so we can't really say anyhting. Bt yes we do know the same gameplay will come to consoles !!! The game is almost out, please DICE show us some console footage ! It should have been playable on the ps4 at gamescom !

The engine looks pretty capable, but I have grown a bit tired with the concept of the game and kind of annoyed with the way they depict war, stereotypes and bias.

The engine looks pretty capable, but I have grown a bit tired with the concept of the game and kind of annoyed with the way they depict war, stereotypes and bias.

Agree. I have also grown a bit tired of bF after bf3. I am not buying this on launch and the E 3 footage didn't excite me at all.

but the new trailer here did get my blood pumping again :D ! Its looks so much fun.....again !

I am bored of 'action' games where you shoot with your atomic bomb rifle a wooden fence...and nothing happens (except maybe a black 'it is burned' texture).

Has Killzone destruction? Destiny? Titanfall?

Bf4 still doing that too by looking at trailers. Some object are made of supermanium. With no clear distinction between it and normal object that destructible.

I'm not as excited for BF4 as I was for BF3. I think it'll be a very good game, and I'll probably play it quite a bit, but it definitely is starting to feel like a formula. I'm curious to see what they'll do for BF5. I'd like to see them go back to doing various settings. Bad Company 1, Bad Company 2, BF3 and now BF4 are all very similar. Or at least they could start doing some DLC like Battlefield Vietnam and 1943 again. I guess they'll have their Star Wars game.

I'm not as excited for BF4 as I was for BF3. I think it'll be a very good game, and I'll probably play it quite a bit, but it definitely is starting to feel like a formula. I'm curious to see what they'll do for BF5. I'd like to see them go back to doing various settings. Bad Company 1, Bad Company 2, BF3 and now BF4 are all very similar. Or at least they could start doing some DLC like Battlefield Vietnam and 1943 again. I guess they'll have their Star Wars game.
That's what I loved about BF2:Special Forces and BF2142 - different enough from the main game (the latter more so) to be refreshing, but still kept all the stuff that made BF rock hard.

I'd like to see DICE do another futuristic BF game. Perhaps their Star Wars game will be it? I think I'm more excited about it than I am about BF4.

I wish someone made a more story focused war game, with a more dramatic-horror tone than the actiony-fun one found today, just to give something different for all those american 13 year olds that spendevery afternoon playing COD. I would love to see a game that depicts the horrors of war the way movies like Full Metal Jacket, Platoon or Apocalypse Now did on cinema.
How about putting the kids in the shoe of a soldier that's actually scared to death for once, and not the brave, knows-no-fear idealized hero of all games? How about missions where you are told to cold-bloodedly kill muslim civilians and children? What if instead of dying imediatly, soldiers got progressively hurt, could be shot in the leg and limp out of the filed while bleeding, with no "revive" but sure death, but not an imediate gameplaeye one. If when dying, your enimies and team-mates really screamd for their mothers, cryied, drooled and shit their pants. How about showing the corruption of US's military system for once, or letting people play as the other side eventually without one or the other being the sure good guys or bad guys. I would love to see a dev with the balls to do that.
Last of Us team, have you decided what you will do for your next title yet? hehehe

I wish someone made a more story focused war game, with a more dramatic-horror tone than the actiony-fun one found today, just to give something different for all those american 13 year olds that spendevery afternoon playing COD. I would love to see a game that depicts the horrors of war the way movies like Full Metal Jacket, Platoon or Apocalypse Now did on cinema.
How about putting the kids in the shoe of a soldier that's actually scared to death for once, and not the brave, knows-no-fear idealized hero of all games? How about missions where you are told to cold-bloodedly kill muslim civilians and children? What if instead of dying imediatly, soldiers got progressively hurt, could be shot in the leg and limp out of the filed while bleeding, with no "revive" but sure death, but not an imediate gameplaeye one. If when dying, your enimies and team-mates really screamd for their mothers, cryied, drooled and shit their pants. How about showing the corruption of US's military system for once, or letting people play as the other side eventually without one or the other being the sure good guys or bad guys. I would love to see a dev with the balls to do that.
Last of Us team, have you decided what you will do for your next title yet? hehehe

Exactly

I'd love to see more non-violent games. I really would. I don't think Battlefield is particularly worse than any other game for fetishizing violence or war. That's pretty much the bread and butter of the game industry and it's hardly a problem localized to the USA. Go down the list of launch titles for next-gen, and you'll find mostly violent game with black and white views of good vs evil, and the only solution presented being to kill the bad guys. Non-violent games tend to be derided by gamers.

I don't think Battlefield is particularly worse than any other game for fetishizing violence or war.

Do they? ... fetishizing violence? I always thought BF is about online play and online play is about outsmarting others in room. Even though I cannot say what influence it can have on kids without proper parenting.

Do they? ... fetishizing violence? I always thought BF is about online play and online play is about outsmarting others in room. Even though I cannot say what influence it can have on kids without proper parenting.

Sure they do. Pretty much all violent video games do. Battlefield you get points for headshots, and you collect the dog tags of the people you knife kill. It's a great game, and I love playing it, but there's no doubt that it fetishizes violence. I don't mean in a sexual way, but the word is still appropriate. I also don't think it's worse than any other game. You could just as easily pick on Halo, Killzone, or even a different genre of game like Mass Effect or the game du jour, The Last Of Us.

That game was already made. It's called Spec Ops: The Line

go join army if you like horrors of real life ... games should be fun

If I were you I'd say: "Go join the army if you wanna actually live the horrors of real life for years and years and deal with its consequences for ever, instead of having a glimpse of it through an inovative thought-provoking gaming experience that offers something different than the beaten COD/BF/MH/zzzz formula and that engages you not necessarily through machanical gameplay and fast passed action but on a intelectual and emocional level that can be equaly satisfying but on a different way, that once over, you can walk out of and go back to your regular life.
Games can, and usually are fun and I personaly am only interested in those types of games and nothing else, but it's nice to know you enjoy other types of "fun" too and if would be great if the gaming industry could offer a variety of products that appealed to all types of tastes and not just one"

As I said: I (implying it is my personal wish and nothing else I'm talking about even though I believe there would be other that would also like it) wish there was a game that did to gaming what Platoon, FullMetal Jacket or Apocalypse did to cinema. I, again a personal opinion here, like those movies very much. Other people prefer Rambo. There is a place for both, and there have been multiple movies of both styles and many others. In gaming though, we have a dozen AAA Rambo style games released every single year, and rarely something that barely scratches the surface of what a Apocalypse Now style game would be like.

Now this conception that All games are obligated to aim for one very specific type of fun and entertainment is close-minded and old fashioned in my view. Diferent people are moved by different things. I do enjoy some mindless-gamey-things-exploding kind of games, but we've been saturated with slighlty different flavours of that and slow incremental improvements of that formula for years, with all this other totally different types of experiences that could be equaly engaging, but on a diferent level, and for different reasons, that few developers have the guts to try to tackle because of the risks involved with it.

And also, I do agree this is not restricted to Battlefield or US, I just used them as a way to illustrate my point.

Back