Battlefield 4 official discussion/thread. [PS4,XO,PS3,X360]

I got BF3 because a whole roomful of GAF chatters sold it to me. XD

I still can't get used to it. Will probably have another go with BF4 when I run into those Gaffers again.

Paracel Storm map trailer showing multiplayer action for up to 64 players. The video is from the Xbox channel, but I don't know which system is running the graphics, it could be the PS4 or the PC, too.

It could still mean it's a PC version with a PS4 controller connected to it tho.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/22/battlefield-4-runs-at-60fps-on-next-gen-consoles/

It’s a good day to be a huge explosion or collapsing wind turbine, as its been confirmed that Battlefield 4 will run at 60fps on next-gen consoles.

Battlefield 4 is out, at 60fps, on PS4 and Xbox One at launch. It’ll also be available on PS3 and Xbox 360, though presumably at a lower frame rate. And, of course, it’ll look fantastic on PC too.

I don't get it, why are people going gaga over BF4 60fps on consoles? Without stating the resolution and graphics setting or some context it's no more than saying ps3 can run Crysis3 and we know how god awful that version is.
If BF4 was running 60fps at 1080p with near maximum setting on PS4 then that would be something to clap at.

I don't get it, why are people going gaga over BF4 60fps on consoles? Without stating the resolution and graphics setting or some context it's no more than saying ps3 can run Crysis3 and we know how god awful that version is.
If BF4 was running 60fps at 1080p with near maximum setting on PS4 then that would be something to clap at.

Because people want 60fps?

I'll take tradeoffs in resolution and other graphical "settings" to get 60fps for an online shooter. Plus, the game looks really nice from what we've seen so far, so I have no complaints. The checkbox war can be fought by people interested in lesser gameplay.

I'll take tradeoffs in resolution and other graphical "settings" to get 60fps for an online shooter. Plus, the game looks really nice from what we've seen so far, so I have no complaints. The checkbox war can be fought by people interested in lesser gameplay.

It's not really about the check box war my friend, I'm sure many people would want native resolution framebuffer to their FullHD TVs, especially the bigger sets. 720p is simply too low res now to see nextgen texture details, and way too blurry for a 50"+ TV. I'm betting BF4 on ps4 graphically would almost look the same as BF3 on PS3 if 720p is final, save for some slightly better effects here and there.

It's not really about the check box war my friend, I'm sure many people would want native resolution framebuffer to their FullHD TVs, especially the bigger sets. 720p is simply too low res now to see nextgen texture details, and way too blurry for a 50"+ TV. I'm betting BF4 on ps4 graphically would almost look the same as BF3 on PS3 if 720p is final, save for some slightly better effects here and there.

Have you seen Battlefield 3 on PS360 lately?

We haven't seen the console version at all till now.

I play bf3 on ps3 on a daily routine and the 720p resolution alone kills a ton of immersion for me.

There is absolutely no way that at 720p/60Hz, the PS4 version of BF4 will look similar to BF3 on PS3. Maybe you don't like 720p, and I can understand that, but BF4 on next-gen is going to be more than a framerate/resolution bump. I'm also not convinced it's going to be 720p. We'll see.

Wow, what a bombshell

iwcKRwu.png

I'm inclined to disbelieve this pending further confirmation, but that's kind of shockingly disappointing if true.

Back