Banjo Threeie

I'm a little worried about the possibility of it taking place entirely inside a large building, but then again I usually worry about and then end up loving highly stylized graphics. I was one of the people who despised wind waker before it came out and then loved it to death. And then I loved twilight princess before it came out and hated it upon release. Visually I mean, I liked playing both games. I can't wait, and hope for a solid frame rate and camera.

It's made out of cut-and-paste craft materials. Stitched together fabrics, pasted on brick wallpaper - the world construction is very LBP in style.

The stitched fabrics remained me of the N64 Yoshi Island.

I don't know anything about this game, but I'm sure there will be a lot of collecting.

The visuals have a toy story feel. I bet in motion the visuals will rock especially if they are 60fps

banjokazooie_2008480.jpg

banjokazooie_gameplay588.jpg

a couple of pics

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks really interesting, but if you are going to leak screens, you might as well leak info too. Do it for me, because I'm confused on what you do in this game. :LOL:

5120x2880 screenshot

You can see musical notes.

Nice artstyle. Not the best looking cartoon game, but maybe third place.

WOW, the texturing is AMAZING. Also, if the water in the second shot is interactive...:oops:

The textures don't look all that to me...just lots of different surfaces, none of them particularily high-res.

The textures don't look all that to me...just lots of different surfaces, none of them particularily high-res.

Have a look at the first pic from this thread. Pretty good textures indeed.

Nice work. Is it already confirmed for Q4?

I really like the look and feel of the game. Can't wait to hear more about those vehicles. Depending on video I'll probably pick this game up when it ships.

Tommy McClain

Textures are very good, I don't remember any non-Rare cartoony game that has better textures. Actually this looks better than any other Rare game too overall. AF wouldn't hurt though.
Lighting is pretty decent too, but shadows are retarded, no two are pointing in the same direction, what's up with that?
Banjo's model look pretty cheap, as if it's designed to be low poly.
Besides those, I like what I'm seeing, no idea what kind of platformer this is though.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=139261

Banjo-Kazooie 3 "not a racing game"
News by Rob Purchese

Today 11:40

Rare has told Eurogamer that Banjo-Kazooie 3 is not a racing game and that you are better off waiting for its official unveiling tomorrow before jumping to conclusions.

The developer was responding to the leaked screenshots of the game that arrived this morning and featured plenty of vehicles, some of which appeared to be racing, or chasing each other.

"We haven't revealed the gameplay mechanic yet," George Kelion, Rare community manager, told us. "It's not a racing game, and people are honestly better off waiting until tomorrow when we are going to be talking about it extensively before drawing their own conclusions.

"The honest truth is that people don't know the half of it yet. The game is not just a graphical showcase."

Banjo-Kazooie 3 is due out exclusively on Xbox 360 this Christmas.

Expect more information from the Microsoft press event this week.

Insane amount of AA... Looks like MS also learned its lesson from Sony about how to create PR screenshots! :S

Really? I'm seeing jaggies, and Quaz says it's 2xAA...but of course is less obvious in the super high resolution screenshots.

Textures are very good, I don't remember any non-Rare cartoony game that has better textures. Actually this looks better than any other Rare game too overall. AF wouldn't hurt though.
Lighting is pretty decent too, but shadows are retarded, no two are pointing in the same direction, what's up with that?
Banjo's model look pretty cheap, as if it's designed to be low poly.
Besides those, I like what I'm seeing, no idea what kind of platformer this is though.

LittleBigPlanet?

I wouldn't call LBP cartoony by any stretch! Banjo's textures aren't great up close, at least not that ground texture, but LBP's are viewed from a comfortable distance such that they aren't exposed in the same way. I wouldn't go so far as to call the texturing amazing. I think L. Scofield was reacting to the original 2 shown images, which are clearly better-than-real PR shots with beautiful texture filtering. Images like this show a more standard ground texture. Overall though the texturing is very nice and fitting - nothing to write home about at this point in time, nor to whinge about.

Weird to release loads of vehicle pics seemingly racing and then public announce it's not a racer. Perhaps they are being sneakily misleading to drum up curiosity?

Back