Banjo Threeie

Double ouch. I know you quote USD, but where are you? I take it your previous machine can't have been locally acquired?

Hmm, what are you going to do?

And out of interest, being keen to get as many people as possible trying LBP and Warhawk... how much is a PS3 locally??

Actually, all OT. So ignore. If you'd like a hand getting hold of a UK Arcade feel free to PM me.

Cheers.

Game is easily worth $20 for the vehicle creation alone. BUY IT!

I've been working on an Xwing, but can't seem to find 2 more lasers so I can get the requisite 4. Can anyone who has finished the game confirm that it is possible to acquire more than 2?

Game is easily worth $20 for the vehicle creation alone. BUY IT!

I've been working on an Xwing, but can't seem to find 2 more lasers so I can get the requisite 4. Can anyone who has finished the game confirm that it is possible to acquire more than 2?

Yup, it truly is a gem of a game. Pity it's being ignored by most people, a very underrated game.

Has some of the best graphics on the system too.

I really enjoyed this game too and I agree it's a shame it was overlooked by most people. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference, but you have to wonder why it was sandwiched between Gears of War 2 and Call of Duty: World at War.

Most likely the game is being ignored by people because they were expecting a platformer like the old school Banjo. I myself was atleast. I was seriously disappointed to see that it wasn't like them. I'd be all over this one if it was like the N64 classics. :)

Well, it's much better than just another platformer, certainly the gameplay seems much more interesting to me. Rare took a risky choice but it was the correct one.

Too bad too many fans/reviewers dislike changes to a classic franchise.

While some of the missions can get a bit repetitive the 'worlds' and just general feel is amazing. One of the most stunning looking games I've seen as well, particularly nutty acres.

DLC on the way. Announcement as soon as next week.

http://www.rareware.com/

From L.O.G.

"Am I addressing the fine minority of gamesplayers with taste, those who are still neck-deep in the customisable wonders of my latest title to feature that drooling bear and the shrieking hag I wish I'd never invented? And Gruntilda too, of course. Ah, the humorous bait-and-switch.

"As I put so much effort into hammering and sticky-taping together all those new worlds for Nuts & Bolts, I thought I'd reward the loyalty of its cadre of ardent players with a brief hint. So prick up your ears, soldiers: consider this an early warning that news on potential lifespan-lengthening activities will be incoming very soon. The game's lifespan, I mean, not your own. I may be a deity, but that's just unrealistic.

"If all goes well, you'll soon be able to experience a little something that I devised during a spare moment in exile from the Palace lounge as the Lady of Games watched some kind of dreadful house renovation show marathon. I have to say I'm quite pleased with the end result, apart from the section that Klungo insisted on contributing due to what he claimed was 'popular demand'. Well, that remains to be seen. I've even topped it off with a promotional logo to keep you interested, as I'm told it's all about the logos and PR and vertical marketing these days.

"That's all for now. Until the next time I randomly and irresponsibly decide to break the fourth wall, enjoy."

Well, it's much better than just another platformer, certainly the gameplay seems much more interesting to me. Rare took a risky choice but it was the correct one.

Too bad too many fans/reviewers dislike changes to a classic franchise.

I've never played any of the originals, but I'm wondering what I'm in store for. So far it's been "drive here" or race. The lack of voices is also kind of strange, I don't know the characters and so far they lack personality.

I look forward to building vehicles, I here that is the best part.

The vehicle builder is very well done, so easy to just put things together. I got quite lazy though and tended to use a few core designs over and over, just adjusting things with more power/ weight etc. There are a lot of people far less lazy then me though and some of the designs I've seen have been amazing....

I've never played any of the other games in the series, but the characters and atmosphere in this one, has me hooked. I really like Rare's art, the square design of Banjo was a great move.

Back