Baldur's Gate III announced!

1691521189391.png

This is only vram usage but looks lke at 1080p it would use roughly 3GB of vram. Giving the series s another 5+ gigs of ram to work with. It would be interesting to see total system ram usage. I also found this interesting from the article

aldur's Gate 3 has support for DirectX 11 and Vulkan—we've tested both. Surprisingly, there's very little difference between both renderers, they look exactly the same, the FPS are very similar, and even the minimum FPS, too. What I noticed is that Vulkan doesn't have much dynamic memory management. While DirectX 11 will always load and unload textures to manage VRAM optimally, Vulkan just seems to load everything that's nearby into VRAM and that's it. This is supported by our VRAM usage numbers, which are roughly 1-1.5 GB higher with Vulkan than on DX11. I also noticed a crash with the 4 GB Radeon RX 6500 XT, which suggests that the Vulkan renderer is not able to overflow VRAM into main memory, whereas the DX11 renderer has that ability. Given these results, my advice is to use DirectX 11, it looks the same, and seems to be more mature than the Vulkan renderer. While there's claims of smoother frametimes I have yet to notice any meaningful difference for that either. Do let us know your experience in the comments. The renderer does make a big difference for Intel Arc GPUs, which run considerably faster with DirectX 11.

So it looks like there could be better performance unlocked if they figured out how to use vulkan better.

Get one of them here and I will tell them that.
You have no idea how much I wish I could do that to really press the point of how insanely unappreciative and ignorant you are about what goes into game development. But of course you'll talk big knowing I cant do this. In reality, you'd probably cower down as any reasonable person would up against an actual professional who does this stuff for a living, but if you still actually had the gall to call them incompetent after helping create one of the greatest RPG's ever made, I'd pay money to see you get embarrassed.

You have no idea how much I wish I could do that to really press the point of how insanely unappreciative and ignorant you are about what goes into game development. But of course you'll talk big knowing I cant do this. In reality, you'd probably cower down as any reasonable person would up against an actual professional who does this stuff for a living, but if you still actually had the gall to call them incompetent after helping create one of the greatest RPG's ever made, I'd pay money to see you get embarrassed.

Eastmen is just full of hot air. He is just worried that his stocks in Microsoft will be impacted. He's a huge Xbox shill. It would be worth seeing him getting embarrassed though, I doubt he'd have the guts to say a word to them.

Why would I be appreciative of a company that can't deliver a product on a console I own and then complains about it being to hard to develop for modern hardware while they have it working on 12 year old pc hardware?

Why would I ever cower in front of anyone else? Their job is to get the game working on hardware in order for me to purchase that. They failed at that simple endeavor and thus won't get money out of me. If they don't prioritize me as a customer why should I prioritize them ?

Your odd simping for them makes absolutely zero sense.

People would definitely be wondering why Playstation is being prioritized over Xbox.
Usual response games are big and development resources.
Why is PS5 coming after PC? (believe don't launch same time)
Not even a lie, just not going into detail.

Is this a similar game to Diablo?
Not at all besides the fact that they’re both classical fantasy RPGs with an isometric view. The gameplay is completely different as this game is a tactical, turn-based RPG whereas Diablo is an action RPG.

Except that isn't their reasoning and you would know that if you read my posts.
I guess their mistake was the fact they gave a reasoning at all, considering how the enlightened make-believe devs of the internet use information like that.
They even go as far as calling people (that actually made and released something), incompetent.
Basically, instead of using common sense and a little patience, they throw a tantrum like a five year old that stayed way past their bedtime.

I guess their mistake was the fact they gave a reasoning at all, considering how the enlightened make-believe devs of the internet use information like that.
They even go as far as calling people (that actually made and released something), incompetent.
Basically, instead of using common sense and a little patience, they throw a tantrum like a five year old that stayed way past their bedtime.
They literally said they choose to disable co-op on the steam deck because althoug they know some people connect it to a tv they felt the screen was too small.

Of course you insult the players who just want to play the game they way they want on machines capable of doing what they want too. The way they should have handled the deck is to say hey we don't recommended co-op using the steam deck screen and suggest using it with a monitor or tv. Then players have a choice on how they want to play it on that machine. Instead they make a choice for all gamers.

But hey let me leave you with an insult right back at you. Get off your knees and remove the developer from your mouth and realize that you are paying them to produce a product and they should be catering to what you want and not what they want as with all businesses. Ultimately as the customer you are the one who decides if they provided you what you wanted. These developers have not provided me with what I want. They arbitrarily block co-op on a machine I own and they can't even get the game working properly on another machine I own. They are incompetent in both their messaging and their execution and since they have failed to deliver for me twice they are not a priority for me to support them and I have no need to whisper sweet nothings into their ear and simp for them. I also don't care , have a dev from them reach out or have them call me. I will tell them the same thing to their face.

But hey let me leave you with an insult right back at you. Get off your knees and remove the developer from your mouth and realize that you are paying them to produce a product and they should be catering to what you want and not what they want as with all businesses. Ultimately as the customer you are the one who decides if they provided you what you wanted. These developers have not provided me with what I want. They arbitrarily block co-op on a machine I own and they can't even get the game working properly on another machine I own. They are incompetent in both their messaging and their execution and since they have failed to deliver for me twice they are not a priority for me to support them and I have no need to whisper sweet nothings into their ear and simp for them. I also don't care , have a dev from them reach out or have them call me. I will tell them the same thing to their face.
So, you shouldn't buy the game then.
There, problem solved.
What is so hard for you to understand?

The game is verified by Valve on the steam deck.
Did the developer withheld any info?
If not, then take it up with those that gave it the verification.

As for the game not being (yet) on the other platform you own, my point still stands.
And because I'm certain your attention span is the attention span of a toddler, my point was, that this is clearly a matter of prioritization and that you are being a child.
You of course then had to tell me to take a dick out of my mouth, just so as to remove any doubt. ;)

Is this a similar game to Diablo?

If you're looking for relatively mainstream and recent comparables this game would be along the lines to Bioware's cRPGs such s Dragon Age and Knights of the Old Republic.

Otherwise the genre hasn't really hit the AAA space in quite awhile but other more contemporary series are Divinity, Pillars of Eternity, Pathfinder and Shadowrun.

If you're looking for relatively mainstream and recent comparables this game would be along the lines to Bioware's cRPGs such s Dragon Age and Knights of the Old Republic.

Otherwise the genre hasn't really hit the AAA space in quite awhile but other more contemporary series are Divinity, Pillars of Eternity, Pathfinder and Shadowrun.
I would also like to nominate wasteland!

So, you shouldn't buy the game then.
There, problem solved.
What is so hard for you to understand?

The game is verified by Valve on the steam deck.
Did the developer withheld any info?
If not, then take it up with those that gave it the verification.

As for the game not being (yet) on the other platform you own, my point still stands.
And because I'm certain your attention span is the attention span of a toddler, my point was, that this is clearly a matter of prioritization and that you are being a child.
You of course then had to tell me to take a dick out of my mouth, just so as to remove any doubt. ;)

I didn't buy the game and I will continue to voice my displeasure with the incompetent devs. Who are you to tell me what I should say or think.

The game is verified but featuers are blocked. There is no reason why the feature is blocked outside of them saying steam deck users aren't good enough for the feature.

I will continue to say what I want to say. Maybe you got the dick out of your mouth but maybe not out of your back side. Don't worry though you can try to bully me but that have never worked.

If you want to continue to defend devs that over the course of 3+ years of having series s consoles and dev kits avalible couldn't get a game that runs on 12 year old computer thats up to you. But I am going to call a spade a spade.

Instead of dragging the site down more I will just add you to a list of ignore.

I didn't buy the game and I will continue to voice my displeasure with the incompetent devs. Who are you to tell me what I should say or think.

The game is verified but featuers are blocked. There is no reason why the feature is blocked outside of them saying steam deck users aren't good enough for the feature.

I will continue to say what I want to say. Maybe you got the dick out of your mouth but maybe not out of your back side. Don't worry though you can try to bully me but that have never worked.

If you want to continue to defend devs that over the course of 3+ years of having series s consoles and dev kits avalible couldn't get a game that runs on 12 year old computer thats up to you. But I am going to call a spade a spade.

Instead of dragging the site down more I will just add you to a list of ignore.

And just to be clear, I didn't tell you what to say, or not to say it.
I just voiced my opinion on what you are saying.
I guess the privilege of voicing your opinion is yours and yours alone, and god forbid someone else does it, must be bullying. :yep2:

Last edited:
Why would I be appreciative of a company that can't deliver a product on a console I own and then complains about it being to hard to develop for modern hardware while they have it working on 12 year old pc hardware?

Why would I ever cower in front of anyone else? Their job is to get the game working on hardware in order for me to purchase that. They failed at that simple endeavor and thus won't get money out of me. If they don't prioritize me as a customer why should I prioritize them ?

Your odd simping for them makes absolutely zero sense.
Why would you cower? Cuz, I would hope, you have some sense of integrity and capacity to feel shame.

I'm not 'simping' for Larian in particular, just combating clueless and unappreciative gamers who frequently feel they have any validity in bashing developers as 'incompetent' or 'lazy', as if they have real idea what's actually involved in game development. We're not talking some game that's a huge technical mess or anything here.

"If they dont prioritize me as a customer why I should I prioritize them?" - well first off, nobody is demanding you buy the game. Nor is anybody asking you to 'prioritize' buying the game in any respect. Two, they are not just treating you like some second class citizen. That's not what the problem is here. They aren't just neglecting the Xbox port. This is all well established at this point, no matter how much you want to try and argue otherwise.

Usual response games are big and development resources.
Why is PS5 coming after PC? (believe don't launch same time)
Not even a lie, just not going into detail.
Because PC was always going to be the main market for this, and there's a history of Larian's games coming later to console.

Lack of Xbox version would not be easily explained by Larian simply deciding to prioritize Playstation, as if this is a Final Fantasy game or something that has a more established track record on that platform. Plus both DOS1 and 2 both came out on Xbox and Playstation at the same time, so there's no history of them prioritizing one over the other.

People would absolutely be asking questions here.

Because PC was always going to be the main market for this, and there's a history of Larian's games coming later to console.

Lack of Xbox version would not be easily explained by Larian simply deciding to prioritize Playstation, as if this is a Final Fantasy game or something that has a more established track record on that platform. Plus both DOS1 and 2 both came out on Xbox and Playstation at the same time, so there's no history of them prioritizing one over the other.

People would absolutely be asking questions here
Can just put it down to game size and resources.
Not saying some people wouldn't question it, but being as transparent as they have been is worse from a managing it perspective.
Personally I prefer the transparency, but lot of the options available with the staggered release would have less 'discussions' and pearl cluching.

People would absolutely be asking questions here.
I think you pretty much answered the question here:
History of Larian games coming later to console (usually 1 year)

• PS5 the version is coming out after PC.
  • Larian may not have wanted to release BG3 during the time when Starfield is released.
  • Larian may have been funded by Sony to speed up PS5 development much earlier. Thus we see collector's edition for PC and PS5, and marketing support by Sony and Xbox is still unannounced.
  • MS may not want BG3 interfering with Starfield's release.
  • Larian was not likely funded by MS to speed up Xbox development - and that's on MS. They probably didn't see BG3 as being the next Elden Ring/BOTW.I certainly did not either. I was almost going to skip this one because I didn't think anything would compare to BG2, or I would get just more Pillars of Eternity. But it's clear I'm wrong, I'm going all in.

Can just put it down to game size and resources.
Not saying some people wouldn't question it, but being as transparent as they have been is worse from a managing it perspective.
Personally I prefer the transparency, but lot of the options available with the staggered release would have less 'discussions' and pearl cluching.
I think you pretty much answered the question here:
History of Larian games coming later to console (usually 1 year)

• PS5 the version is coming out after PC.
  • Larian may not have wanted to release BG3 during the time when Starfield is released.
  • Larian may have been funded by Sony to speed up PS5 development much earlier. Thus we see collector's edition for PC and PS5, and marketing support by Sony and Xbox is still unannounced.
  • MS may not want BG3 interfering with Starfield's release.
  • Larian was not likely funded by MS to speed up Xbox development - and that's on MS. They probably didn't see BG3 as being the next Elden Ring/BOTW.I certainly did not either. I was almost going to skip this one because I didn't think anything would compare to BG2, or I would get just more Pillars of Eternity. But it's clear I'm wrong, I'm going all in.
So basically, y'all think the better solution would have been for Larian to just straight up lie to fans?

If you honestly think this wouldn't have resulted in even more talk and toxic discussion, I dont know what to say.

So basically, y'all think the better solution would have been for Larian to just straight up lie to fans?

If you honestly think this wouldn't have resulted in even more talk and toxic discussion, I dont know what to say.
I've already said they didn't need to lie. Far from it.
There's a difference between lying and just saying it's a staggered release.
What did I say that would be a lie?
Even based on what you said, priority of user base would then account for which versions got the resources first.
If xbox was lead console development platform probably wouldn't have had this issue.

Back