Baldur's Gate III announced!

The 10 GB is for RAM + VRAM, so I'm not sure how you would do a fair comparison. (Technically the S only has a 2GB pool of "slow RAM" intended for storing the game logic)
No. The 2GB is fully dedicated to the OS (so being slow is not a problem here). The games have only 8GB for CPU & GPU logic.

The 10 GB is for RAM + VRAM, so I'm not sure how you would do a fair comparison. (Technically the S only has a 2GB pool of "slow RAM" intended for storing the game logic)
The slow pool of ram is still over 50GB/s. That is mostly used by the OS but I believe some additional space was given back to devs in 2022. Likely once they optimized the OS

BG3 requires 8 gigs of system ram + 4 gigs of vram. However windows 10 requires 2 gigs of ram and windows 11 requires 4 gigs of ram to be installed. Then you have to include steam in the ram calculations.

Anyway the incompetence of the devs may help out all gamers in the long run since I am sure MS will be helping them take advantage of newer featurs in rdna 2 like sfs and direct storage which can then be used in the pc build and series x build.

The slow pool of ram is still over 50GB/s. That is mostly used by the OS but I believe some additional space was given back to devs in 2022. Likely once they optimized the OS

BG3 requires 8 gigs of system ram + 4 gigs of vram. However windows 10 requires 2 gigs of ram and windows 11 requires 4 gigs of ram to be installed. Then you have to include steam in the ram calculations.

Anyway the incompetence of the devs may help out all gamers in the long run since I am sure MS will be helping them take advantage of newer featurs in rdna 2 like sfs and direct storage which can then be used in the pc build and series x build.
I'd love to see you call Larian developers incompetent to their face.

From what I understand, they said they are working with MS to release the game on the X-X/S...
It seems to me, that this is a simple matter of prioritization.
So is this whole ordeal, the equivalent of a three year old, that wants his toy now?

This is why being transparent isn't good sometimes.
They could have said nothing or just that xbox is coming but not at liberty to give a date yet.
No one would be questioning why, if they did just say staggered releases.
PC then PS then Xbox
People would definitely be wondering why Playstation is being prioritized over Xbox.

Shame they couldn't just hold out coop until later on X|S (if that would fix the S issues). Mrs Cheapchips wants to play it on Xbox, but will have to wait.

Based on 15 yrs of marriage, I fully expect to walk into her laughing hysterically as her character tries to shag a werebear.

Last edited:
Asmongold comments on the game based on a different video, which I posted before.

Is this game good? I used to have a blast playing Baldur's Gate 2 with my brother. I thought this game came our some years ago but I guess that was the Early Access.

This is why being transparent isn't good sometimes.
They could have said nothing or just that xbox is coming but not at liberty to give a date yet.
No one would be questioning why, if they did just say staggered releases.
PC then PS then Xbox

Every which way would have been bad for them except releasing on all 3 platforms at the same time or pc first and then xbox/ps at the same time.

If they said nothing and didn't give a date for xbox people would have assumed it was never coming out and interest for xbox players would have been non existant

If they said it was coming later people would have assumed sony bought exclusivity or that they didn't think xbox gamesr were very important.

I think the choose the worse way however by generally pointing a finger at the series s which is already a hot button topic. It isn't doing them any favors with the xbox fans. It also questions their competency as developers. In the end this is going to harm their brand on xbox the most.

Even their messaging with the steam deck and co-op is just handled so poorly.

Is this game good? I used to have a blast playing Baldur's Gate 2 with my brother. I thought this game came our some years ago but I guess that was the Early Access.
In my humble opinion, possibly best game ever!

I'm 30h in, and there is just so much stuff to do, and great characters / voice acting. I would say it resembles Dragon age origins but just does it better.

Further, the graphics are quite amazing. I was worried that my 970 would need to run on some very low settings, but it defaulted to ultra settings and it somehow works. (at 30 fps, which I usually play at) There has been a few crashes, but overall the game seems very polished, I suspect they used the three years of early access well!

Even their messaging with the steam deck and co-op is just handled so poorly.
Perhaps their "good enough", is not the same with the "good enough" of the people that post a random screenshot of the game running @ around 30fps on steam deck.
Perhaps they really need a summer vacation.
Perhaps they should release the game a few months later for everyone to the detriment of their success, so as not to alienate the people that make a living by fabricating drama through sensationalism.
I could go on.

In my humble opinion, possibly best game ever!

I'm 30h in, and there is just so much stuff to do, and great characters / voice acting. I would say it resembles Dragon age origins but just does it better.

Further, the graphics are quite amazing. I was worried that my 970 would need to run on some very low settings, but it defaulted to ultra settings and it somehow works. (at 30 fps, which I usually play at) There has been a few crashes, but overall the game seems very polished, I suspect they used the three years of early access well!
Thanks. GTX970 should crush a steamdeck so I'd think if it can run on steamdeck it can run on that. I recently upgraded from a GTX970 to a RTX4070 and while it is a tremendous upgrade I was surprised after getting back into PC gaming how well the GTX970 still holds up.

Perhaps their "good enough", is not the same with the "good enough" of the people that post a random screenshot of the game running @ around 30fps on steam deck.
Perhaps they really need a summer vacation.
Perhaps they should release the game a few months later for everyone to the detriment of their success, so as not to alienate the people that make a living by fabricating drama through sensationalism.
I could go on.
Except that isn't their reasoning and you would know that if you read my posts.

Back