Autos again

BlackAngus

Newcomer
Hey all!

I have a question which I want opinions on.

Im getting ready to buy a new car in the next 6 months.
Price range is 50-70k USD (I live in the USA in a state with snow and have two cars already).
I want something sporty. 2 Doors preferably.

Im thinking on a lotus exige S, porsche 911, porsche cayman, or corvette.

Lets hear your thoughts.
Thanks!

Oh digi you love me. We are soul mates....

Im very lucky to be in this position. I count my blessings every day.

Besides I hated you for having a Z when I couldn't =P

$50-70k, sporty 2-door is a dream pricerange/hunt for me. I'll look a bit later and recommend. :)

You can't go wrong with a Z, 'cept for the snow bit. The new Audi is pretty sweet...

The nismo Z is very sweet. The Z is truly a great car too. Im still thinking about it in the back of my mind, as it is a very good price for what you get.

Another possibility is the new Nissian GT-R if it fits in the price range.

Anyone have any porsche experience that could tell me why I want a low end 911 over the cayman s?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Z's are fantastic, but they are seriously not a winter car. Plan on retiring it for when snow is on the road.

Other than that, I just miss ours. Gads it was a fun/charming/beautiful auto. :)

Hey all!

I have a question which I want opinions on.

Im getting ready to buy a new car in the next 6 months.
Price range is 50-70k USD (I live in the USA in a state with snow and have two cars already).
I want something sporty. 2 Doors preferably.

Im thinking on a lotus exige S, porsche 911, porsche cayman, or corvette.

Lets hear your thoughts.
Thanks!

I dont think you can buy a exige for 70k? besides its a track oriented car and it has near slicks as default tires so I dont think you want that in a snowy area. And its not comfortable at all.

I dont know about the porsches but 70k seems a bit cheap for them to. But maybe its different in the usa as in holland you spend a shitload on taxes.

Isnt the Z06 near 70k btw? I'd get that one, it certainly is better on the track than the others but you'll get the standard crappy american interior.

I dont know about the porsches but 70k seems a bit cheap for them to. But maybe its different in the usa as in holland you spend a shitload on taxes.

The MSRP for 911 Carrera 2 is 73500$ and for Cayman S 59100$, in Euros those are about 51.2k€ for the Carrera and 41k€ for the Cayman S...
It's nice to buy cars in NA.

911 or Cayman, beats the shit out of any other candidates mentioned. Corvette = LMAO in comparison.

Also take a look at the new BMW M3, mucho fun car. Nowhere near Porsche though, but still nice.

I do have a winter car to drive its old and crappy but who cares =-), so Im not worried about putting it in the garage for a couple months.

Thanks for all the replys!

I'd love to see the long reply on the 911 vs cayman s.=)

911 or Cayman, beats the shit out of any other candidates mentioned. Corvette = LMAO in comparison.

Also take a look at the new BMW M3, mucho fun car. Nowhere near Porsche though, but still nice.

Also the Z06? isnt that pretty good? that does well at the ring right?

Also the Z06? isnt that pretty good? that does well at the ring right?

yeah the z06 does a good lap of the ring. =)
I have driven a lotus exige S and it was a fantastic drive. Very different from the cayman or the vette. Ive never really liked beamers much but I do have to admit the new M3 looks really nice.

My fav's are in this order so far.
exige S
Cayman S
everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
the vette has a nice engine but everything else is rubbish and cheaply made
the lotus is a very cold car plus have you seen the tyres it comes with they would not be fun on snow
so its a porsche how about a 4wd 911

Nothing drives like a Porsche. I think the AWD 911 Turbos go for about 100k though.

Last edited by a moderator:
AMG SL55 perhaps or that too cruisy ?

I'm having trouble thinking of other 2 door cars that have not been mentioned. The Cayman woul be my choice too.

AMG SL55 perhaps or that too cruisy ?

I'm having trouble thinking of other 2 door cars that have not been mentioned. The Cayman woul be my choice too.

The SL55, SL63 or SL65 are all out of his price range even in US :) But yeah, any of them will eat those above for breakfast :devilish:

Back