Audi RS4 vs BMW M5

LOL. By those USA stats Audi (US) is more reliable than BMW, Acura, Lexus (Toyota) and Infiniti (Nissan).

Point made! :)

Yes, and in UK stats, Audi's index is 141 while BMW's is 87. Obviously we are both looking at this from the perspective of our own market areas.

Everybody makes lemons. Having a certain brand does not make a car reliable or unreliable. But coming for certain production batch of a certain model tells a lot more. This is the point I was after.

Is it possible that drivers of more expensive cars notice more faults? Seriously. Why would Lexus be worse than Toyota?

Sure, luxury car drivers ore obviously more picky about the quality, but I don't think that's the biggest factor in the numbers. The more expensive cars really are more prone to faults, due to them having more cutting-edge technology and more complex systems. Mechanically there is probably not much of a difference, but wiring, electronics and SW introduce just too much potential failure modes for none of them to actually occur sooner or later.

You're not informed properly. BMW's X-Drive beats the shite out of Quattro (or anything else out there for that matter).

From what I can understand of xDrive, it looks like a somewhat nicer version of ATTESA-ETS Pro. Which is nice cause ATTESA is sweet, but sad cause it is an old system. I am quite excited to see this dual drivetrain thing that the GT-R is bringing to the table. Now all I need is a 71k raise between now and it release date.

Something like that, yeah.

Something that caught my eye in the wiki. It states that for the GT-R (2009)
It is so far, the only rear transaxle based AWD system for a front engined car in production.
If all BMW's are FE-RWD(AWD) how is the wiki accurate?

EDIT: Nevermind I think I understand. the GT-R has 2 driveshafts. The 2nd driveshaft comes from the rear of the vehicle. I wonder how that compares to the xDrive (when I said ETS Pro I was referring to the version in the R34 not the R35 version).

BMW, Audi, Nissan. All a waste of money. Forget about performance you cant use driving to work anyway. Buy a Alfa romeo, their new models are sooo gorgeus both the outside and the inside. They beat the ''emotinless'' germans hands down, not to mention the japanese that never have seemed to heard of the word design as far as their cars go. performance isnt great but you dont need that driving to work at max 100kmph anyway. Though I heard they have RWD models coming again so they should be more fun to drive.

BMW, Audi, Nissan. All a waste of money. Forget about performance you cant use driving to work anyway. Buy a Alfa romeo, their new models are sooo gorgeus both the outside and the inside. They beat the ''emotinless'' germans hands down, not to mention the japanese that never have seemed to heard of the word design as far as their cars go. performance isnt great but you dont need that driving to work at max 100kmph anyway. Though I heard they have RWD models coming again so they should be more fun to drive...

... until they break down.

:p

haha yeah I already expected somebody to say that sooner or later :D Reliability doesnt seem to be as much of a issue as in the past anymore as far as I know.

BMW, Audi, Nissan. All a waste of money. Forget about performance you cant use driving to work anyway. Buy a Alfa romeo, their new models are sooo gorgeus both the outside and the inside. They beat the ''emotinless'' germans hands down, not to mention the japanese that never have seemed to heard of the word design as far as their cars go. performance isnt great but you dont need that driving to work at max 100kmph anyway. Though I heard they have RWD models coming again so they should be more fun to drive.

Alfa Romeo left the US market years ago.

Yeah, cus you know, Alfa Romeo is such a high profile brand sold en masse round the world.

Oh, wait...

AR is geared at being a real drivers car. Atleast, that is what I always heard. Dont know for myself as I cant afford one, as I cant afford just about every car being a poor student (with the money I have I'd better go drive a motorcycle). Alfa's just have passion written all over them, I'd buy a alfa 159 over a brick looking corperate bmw without a doubt.

Isnt this just pure beauty?

alfa_romeo_159_2005_03_b.jpg

interior.jpg

AR is geared at being a real drivers car. Atleast, that is what I always heard. Dont know for myself as I cant afford one, as I cant afford just about every car being a poor student (with the money I have I'd better go drive a motorcycle). Alfa's just have passion written all over them, I'd buy a alfa 159 over a brick looking corperate bmw without a doubt.

interior.jpg

Why is the redline so low?

interior.jpg
Just about every car they make is front wheel drive.

How on earth anyone would consider them a "drivers" car is beyond me.

They are not fast, they don't handle that great, they aren't reliable, but yeah they do look nice.

Sooner have a ricer any day of the week, sooner have a fast, good handling, reliable ugly car than what Alfa brings to the table.

The cars they make today are all front wheel drive yes, but not all their old cars if I remember right (dont know much about their older models), they are planning new RWD models. yes they arnt fast, but tell me when do you plan on using your fast car? you cant in modern traffic. Dont know about the handling, but ive been hearing good things about that. Reliability was a issue in the past but not so much anymore with the modern models. Yes you still have the odd sqeeks and noises but thats because it italian, theyre supposed to make some strange noises ;)

The cars they make today are all front wheel drive yes, but not all their old cars if I remember right (dont know much about their older models), they are planning new RWD models. yes they arnt fast, but tell me when do you plan on using your fast car? you cant in modern traffic. Dont know about the handling, but ive been hearing good things about that. Reliability was a issue in the past but not so much anymore with the modern models. Yes you still have the odd sqeeks and noises but thats because it italian, theyre supposed to make some strange noises ;)

We're talking about some of the best AWD sports cars in their price class and you're bringing some 3rd-rate FWD cars into the mix - why, exactly?

As for not being able to use that power: bah. If you have it, you'll find ways to use it.

We're talking about some of the best AWD sports cars in their price class and you're bringing some 3rd-rate FWD cars into the mix - why, exactly?

As for not being able to use that power: bah. If you have it, you'll find ways to use it.

Well all im trying to say is there are better ways to spend you cash. Buy the alfa and with the money you save buy a Radical, atleast than you can really use the power instead of having your 250kmph car not doing more than 50kmph most of the time because your in a traffic jam.

Some people like looks over all, others want to drive. Some people simply want it to be cheap, and others simply want a car that shows their perceived status. It depends. That's why there are so many different cars.

Back