Audi RS4 vs BMW M5

This is old. Some crazies guys racing on the highway. This has little to do with wich car is better but more with wich driver has the biggest set of balls (and probably the smallest brain).

The new M3 is a technological masterpiece. I prefer the pre-Bangle stlying though. BMW seems to have lost all of it's elegance and class in it's new designs.

A Maserati Quattroporte decided to try and race me tonight in my new M Coupe. Still under 1200 miles so no fun for me :/ But I did give him up to 5k in 1st and 2nd. Lost by half acr length even at that.

BTW - That's not an ///M Mirror, some other 5 series most likely...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in Europe, high roads are a lot smaller. And there is a lot more speed control. Doing something like that would be impossible even on the German autobahns and lose you your drivers license pretty fast if you did it often.

That video is from russia I believe, so that is europe, not to mention probably worse road condition that what we are used to. Though not all eastern european roads are bad, I read a guide some time ago by a guy who owns a bunch of supercars and he said in the east you got a bunch of countries with really good quality roads and almost no traffic or cops. you can probably even buy of the cops. Cant remember the countries he named though.

Audis are repackaged VWs sold at a premium price. Might es well buy a Škoda - they're repackaged VWs sold at a budget price.

Well RS are not repackaged VW's, but still waaaay behind BMW in terms of tech and quality.

Also, the comparison makes no sense since the cars are in different size classes (BMW M5 should be compared to Audi RS6 and AMG E-class, while Audi RS4 should be compared to BMW M3 and AMG C63).

BMWs are for arrogant pricks.

Real men drive Audis.

As for Audi being "behind BMW in terms of tech and quality" LMAO. Quattro > any b.s. AWD system BMW has put out. How many BMWs do you see racing up Pike's Peak? Quality is a purely subjective matter whose very definition varies from person to person. I prefer Audi's styling (both inside and out). BMW is a cliche.

Audis are repackaged VWs sold at a premium price. Might es well buy a Škoda - they're repackaged VWs sold at a budget price.

:rolleyes:

That's quite a feat, seeing as how Audi has been around longer than VW. Arguably it is in fact the opposite situation. VWs of late seem to be taking after Audis. The Passat in particular.

I have seen one, but then it was just after I taught him a life lesson, my car was faster than his M3 convertible.

That's quite a feat, seeing as how Audi has been around longer than VW. Arguably it is in fact the opposite situation. VWs of late seem to be taking after Audis. The Passat in particular.

Audi is part of the VW corporate conglomerate. They use identical platforms across several car models and bascially just change motors, suspension, coatwork, interior design and such.

IIRC, the A6 is based on the VW Passat, The A3 and TT are based on the VW Golf. The A2 is a pimped-up VW Polo.

It's also pretty safe to assume that there is tons of shared technology between all Volkswagen Group subsidiaries in other areas, too. Of course Audis are better cars than Skodas. They have to offer something to justify the price tag. But the fact is that you get very similar technology and manufacturing quality at vastly different price points.

Edit:
And yeah, BMW drivers piss me off, too.

Audi is part of the VW corporate conglomerate. They use identical platforms across several car models and bascially just change motors, suspension, coatwork, interior design and such.

I'm quite well aware of this fact. Each brand develops their own drivetrains for their respective vehicles, however.

IIRC, the A6 is based on the VW Passat, The A3 and TT are based on the VW Golf. The A2 is a pimped-up VW Polo.

AFAIK Audi has always made their own chassis' so if there is any platform sharing going on here it would be the other way around.

Well the A3 was the first car in the VAG to use the "a4" chassis. (which is in the TT and golf) so that suggest to me that Audi designed it.

Back