Armageddon pics emerge

scificube said:
I have the vid be it's really not worth uploading. It's a vid of a very early build of the game and it shows. It's an old Nv news vid where they're talking to an Aegia fellow and he goes on to talk about what their PPU would allow for and how it would allow physics like I mentioned before to be possible on the PC platform with it.

The pics in this thread look better than the visuals in the vid so at least the game has made some progress since then.
Like completely new models and shaders progress or what?

I'd have to say texture detail and lighting right now. Models and enviromental geometry look about the same. The lighting could be bloom but could be HDR too...need to see it in motion to know for sure. AA is definitely not being used yet.

I'll try to capture some shot from the vid and upload them to rapidshare.

scificube said:
I'd have to say texture detail and lighting right now. Models and enviromental geometry look about the same. The lighting could be bloom but could be HDR too...need to see it in motion to know for sure. AA is definitely not being used yet.

I'll try to capture some shot from the vid and upload them to rapidshare.
Why would it matter how good your lighting or texture definition is when your only using three or four different colors in the game?

Here's some pics from an older build of the game.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6699/snapshot200602281855488bt.jpg
As you can see the lighting has improved...or at least changed significantly.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/875/snapshot200602281858423tv.jpg
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/323/snapshot200602281858219ib.jpg
These two pics just show a model common to the new and old pics and some the same for some stuff in the enviroment.

If you look at the new pics you'll see texture resolution is better and even some new texture layers are being used...at least I don't notice any bumps on the enviroment in the old build.

The game still has a long way to go, but I just think their focus is on getting those nifty physics up and running first. Since Epic bought them this game could very well be starved for attention given the greater importance of UT2007 and Gears of War right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guden Oden said:
I guess if you figure CoD2 looks sub-par also then this game is that as well, with the difference this game isn't actually finished yet!

cod2 looks subpar big time to games like Kameo, FN3, and GhostRecon. I've always considered COD2 subpar graphically, and it's one of the last games I put in if I'm trying to impress friends with GFX. Gameplay is a completely other matter.

And COD2 is a 2005 launch title, I expect alot more for anything launching in 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um. In my opinion, COD2 on x360 >>>>>> Armageddon. How can you even say this looks close to COD2 ???

Seriously, this doesn't even approach UE3 in my opinion :???: This is probably the most ugly PS3 (assumption?) game I've ever seen.

Back