CES 2006 News & Announcements

xbdestroya said:
Well, it's either NVidia or ATI, so no big surprise. ;)

One things for sure, no one will be gaming on that system with a 6200 driving it.
I think the point of that Sony product is it has HDMI. Incidentally, Toshiba's new prototype Qosmio laptop PC has HDMI too as it has to have one to output HD-DVD video.
ubiq04.jpg

one said:
Incidentally, Toshiba's new prototype Qosmio laptop PC has HDMI too as it has to have one to output HD-DVD video.
What makes you think this? Last I heard it was still up in the air...

one said:
I think the point of that Sony product is it has HDMI. Incidentally, Toshiba's new prototype Qosmio laptop PC has HDMI too as it has to have one to output HD-DVD video.

Well I really feel that the point of the post I responded to was the NVidia inclusion rather than the HDMI - but the HDMI is good to know as well. :)

Edge said:
Samsung is the same company that cannot even sell a dual standard DVD recorder (firmly in the DVD-R camp), and they are talking up a dual standard HD player. Yeah right.

If they do produce one, paying royalties to both sides is going to make the player very expensive.

Uhm... Samsung is one of the VERY VERY few companies who have DVD players out now (and for some time) that can play both SACD and DVD-A (normally blasphemy for Panasonic or Sony or most other big names who only support one of them in their hardware), as well as any other optical disc ever created this side of the Laser Disc.

london-boy said:
Uhm... Samsung is one of the VERY VERY few companies who have DVD players out now (and for some time) that can play both SACD and DVD-A (normally blasphemy for Panasonic or Sony or most other big names who only support one of them in their hardware), as well as any other optical disc ever created this side of the Laser Disc.
Nothing to do with the thread, or not meaning to nitpick (though I do enjoy picking your nits) but...
Pioneer, Denon, Maranz... and after Googling some more... Yamaha, Toshiba, Onkyo, Meridian.

So, about every big manufacturer except Panasonic, Sony and I think Philips are making universal SACD/DVD-A players, and have made them for years.

rabidrabbit said:
Nothing to do with the thread, or not meaning to nitpick (though I do enjoy picking your nits) but...
Pioneer, Denon, Maranz... and after Googling some more... Yamaha, Toshiba, Onkyo, Meridian.

So, about every big manufacturer except Panasonic, Sony and I think Philips are making universal SACD/DVD-A players, and have made them for years.

Well i knew that Samsung have done it for years, didn't know all the others joined them. And stay away from my... nits! ;)

Back