Apex Legends

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by homerdog, Feb 6, 2019.

1. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I installed this and played a couple rounds last night. Haven't done and BR games on my PC until now and I am surprisingly shit. Need practice.

The game seems very well made and fun. Since it just came out there don't seem to be any haxors on yet but since it's F2P I am worried about this.

Also it runs 60+ FPS on my GTX970 + 3770K 1080p with pretty much max settings. There is dynamic resolution scaling if FPS starts to drop which I turned on, never noticed any drop in quality and framerate is super stable.

2. ToTTenTranz

Gamegpu has an extensive list of benchmarks:

https://gamegpu.com/mmorpg-/-онлайн-игры/apex-legends-test-gpu-cpu

Looks like this game will be complicated for cards with less than 6GB VRAM.
    Despite this being a shader-heavy game (the GTX1070 Ti is considerably close to the GTX1080), the RTX 2060 trails the GTX1070 and is actually close to the RX590 at 1080p.
    On 8GB cards, the game pulls in more than 6GB even at 1080p.

But it seems nvidia still hasn't launched a game-ready driver for this, so there's some hope.

3. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year

Like I said the game runs at 60fps on my GTX970. Maybe those russians were setting the VRAM limit too high for the cards they tested.

All max settings excepet Point Shadows (High), AF (8x), and the VRAM limit set to 4GB since I have a 4GB card. The only time I noticed frame drops was during the initial jump and turning on dynamic resolution with 60fps target solved that. I assume the dynamic resolution is kicking in but I sure can't tell any difference in quality.

pharma and BRiT like this.
  4. Mobius1aic

Mobius1aic Quo vadis?
    Veteran

I have a Radeon RX 570 and it's pretty much 1080p 60 all the time except at the jump in. I too stick to a 4GB limit as well. I haven't really tried increasing the texture stream budget to see if it hitches up the FPS or if it just streams in textures in a delayed fashion like Titanfall 2 does.

pharma likes this.
  5. cjo

cjo
    Regular

RTX2080 seems to get close to 60fps @ 4k (>50fps most of the time) with everything set as high as it'll go, apart from AA which was disabled.

6. pharma

Veteran Regular

Apex Legends reaches 50 million players in 4 weeks