Anything new on KyroIII?

Daemon_UK said:
With

- Matrox, Nvidia, and ATi covering the High-End
- Nvidia, ATi, Creative and SiS covering the Middle-End
- Nvidia, ATi, Creative and SiS covering the Lower-End

Creative's "3D Labster" (P10) not in the High-End? What you smoking, bro?

I'm not sure whether your Lower-End includes integrated (motherboard chipset) graphics, but that is the area where a bandwidth-easy, low-transistor-count TBR like Kyro would shine the brightest. (I'm sure VIA is aware of that.) What do you think?

Kristof, hehe, it was actually a (poorish) pun to begin with... I've always felt some people are just built to enjoy keeping secrets they however can hint at on public fora ;)

Im not smoking anything.

Creative? pfff. What have they ever done apart from spin another sound blaster??

Talk to all the gamers... I can bet they don't use sound blaster but another solution.. enough said.

Anyway, creative have always been pro-retail and mainstream. Hell, can you see them pushing out a $400+ card? I seriously doubt it.

[q]
I'm not sure whether your Lower-End includes integrated (motherboard chipset) graphics, but that is the area where a bandwidth-easy, low-transistor-count TBR like Kyro would shine the brightest. (I'm sure VIA is aware of that.) What do you think? [/q]

Intel is already doing this, Sis with their Sabre chip are already doing this. Nvidia (with their IMR chip) are doing this. Where in the PC arena are Kyro doing this (I could be wrong, don't follow KYRO outside retail).

What I am pretty sure, is that people are holding on to a faint glimmer of hope. One that is fading quite fast :p

Creative? pfff. What have they ever done apart from spin another sound blaster??

Bought 3Dlabs who've introduce one of the more interesting 3D architectures for a long time.

Dave why do you waste your time like this ?
People who don't want to be educated don't deserve being corrected.

Back