Any x360 launch titles featuring coop play?

Guden Oden

Legend
I'm having considerable difficulty deciding if ANY of the initial batch of games interest me the slightest. It could be I'll be buying the most expensive mantlepiece so far in my life in a couple weeks... :LOL:

Seeing as it'll launch just before christmas, I'm sure I'll be bringing it with me to my parents, so I can play it with me old classmate who's got this crazy home theater setup (he built a raised platform in two levels and got a genuine cinema screen for his projector). However, singleplayer games isn't much fun to play together, and competitive games aren't either - in our opinion anyway. So what game to get? Is there ANY, apart from some stupid sports game which neither of us like. Will Quake4 support coop? I have it for the PC, but whattafuk. Desperate times require desperate measures and all that.

PDZ has it as does Kameo. I'm guessing PDZ's is Live enabled, but I do not know that. Kameo's is supposed to be Live enabled by a later download.

I can't think of any others off hand. And yeah, co-op is a great gameplay mode. It's a cryin' shame developers have not latched onto it as much as deathmatch *gag*.

Can't buy kameo because of http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000997068857/ ... I know I would just throw the joypad into a wall or something if I was forced to battle another of rare's stupid bossmonsters again. I horribly mutilated my diddy kong racing cart with a hammer after having died what felt like an infinite number of times against the stupid cheating squid boss in that game, and this looks to be an equally frustrating exercise.

PD... Perhaps. We'll see. I don't think rare's "got it" anymore - if they really ever did.

Inane_Dork said:
PDZ has it as does Kameo. I'm guessing PDZ's is Live enabled, but I do not know that. Kameo's is supposed to be Live enabled by a later download.

I can't think of any others off hand. And yeah, co-op is a great gameplay mode. It's a cryin' shame developers have not latched onto it as much as deathmatch *gag*.

MS is really pushing dev's to implement it (over Live) this time. PDZ has it too. GoW will have it.

I'm guessing most MGS titles will have it...

So what does that mean? No coop with your buddy sitting next to you? I hope this doesn't mean I have to go home to my own place and then connect over teh intarweb, because that wouldn't work. Not only does he not have any plans to get an x360, the whole point of cooping together is to do it TOGETHER...

Guden Oden said:
Can't buy kameo because of http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000997068857/ ... I know I would just throw the joypad into a wall or something if I was forced to battle another of rare's stupid bossmonsters again. I horribly mutilated my diddy kong racing cart with a hammer after having died what felt like an infinite number of times against the stupid cheating squid boss in that game, and this looks to be an equally frustrating exercise.
No offense, but that more or less looks like you are trying to find a reason to not buy the game. You might want to base your buying decisions off more than one person's opinion.

Actually that one boss battle has been pointed out in quite a few reviews as a PITA. Because you have to dive underwater I guess the controls are very frustrating.

All the reviews say this is an isolated case though, there's no other points in teh game that require precision while diving under water, so it's only the ONE battle and I don't think it's reason enough not to buy and otherwise great game.

Back