What's a good current X360 game, or when is the next great game coming?

Viva Pinata is addicting. I've played it more than any other X360 game. Its gotta collect 'em all gameplay will keep you gaming all night long. That sounds familiar...
scratchchin.gif
Only annoying thing is the item/pinata limit in the garden. Can only have so much goodness at any one time.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so I had a couple of gift cards for my birthday and finally picked up Lost Planet this past week. I'll have to say... I was right to think something else would be more enjoyable. It's not that bad... graphics in places are really good (well, everywhere but the cut-scenes... the characters there look awful IMO), and the gameplay is enjoyable though not quite as addictive as GeoW.

But... man does the fighting frustate me sometimes. Not that it is "too difficult" for the sake of being difficult, but because you can't see what the hell is around you half the time. You get robots shooting missles at you one after another, and with the explosions and snow blowing around everywhere (not to mention that it knocks you off your feet) I find myself in those "boss match" scenarios just firing blindly half the time. It seems like a very poor balance, nothing like a boss match in for example Kameo or GeoW, where skill was much more useful than dumb luck or sheer patience.

I mean, why have a robot jumping on my head when the control system doesn't even allow you to look high enough to keep track of them? Very poor game design IMO. The "pretty graphics" actually detract from the experience because they get in the way of gameplay pretty often. And I can understand the whole theme being a snowy planet with poor visibility, but things just get out of hand sometimes.

I'll probably finish the game and never play it again... instead I'll put Gears back in and play through for the fourth time.

On the other hand, I also picked up Viva Pinata a couple of weeks ago, and it really is enjoyable for both me and the wife. My garden works really well, but hers is a hell of a lot prettier!

what about the lego star wars game? Shooter-ish, yet still kind of fun to play. Crackdown? Been playing a lot of EA NHL Live...fun game there... What about test drive?

Rainbow Six: Vegas and GRAW1 (GRAW 2 for MP, but double the price ATM) if you like realistic shooters. I did the first two missions of Lost Planet the other night, it was fun - but nothing Earth shattering. I'd just join Gamefly and rent a few titles, don't blow $60 on something you might not play for long. There are probably a few BC titles for <$20 that are better than most of the 360 games. I started Ultimate Spiderman a week or so back and it's pretty good and was $7.

also i don't know whether you 'd be interested in simple, downloadable arcade games or not but, xbla has some nice little portfolio at the moment. geo wars, wik:fable of souls, mutant storm reloaded, cloning clyde, outpost kaloki, jetpack reloaded,alien hominid, assault heroes, luminees live are all worth the admission in my humble opinion.

Well, I'd buy some marketplace games, but I assume I'd have to log onto my Live account online and buy some MS credits... and I apparently can't remember the password I used (how'd that happen... must have been a typo?), and since I'm lazy and assume it will be a PITA to figure out what to do I just haven't bothered. :)

Maybe I'll find the time to do it.

NHL... I used to love hockey on the SegaCD - my dad and I sat so close to his 60" TV (on folding chairs, like two feet away at most) that I could literally sneak a player up the side of the screen without his seeing it. :D

Lost Planet really isn't that bad, I just don't like being killed over and over and thinking "that POS boss isn't even "good," he just spams rockets out that I'm not allowed to." If the game has to "cheat" to beat me and I get frustrated because of it, it takes a lot of the fun away. I'd rather have a boss be at least a little closer in match firepower wise and be difficult because of the AI. Not programmed to just start reigning fire down on you when you get close to winning.

How about try Guitar Hero 2? Crackdown? GRAW 2? Forza is coming in a month as well. That's the next "big" game. In a few months, there is an onslaught of games coming.

I'd recommend R6: Vegas if you like multiplayer shooters. It takes a while to get the controls but after a few rounds online and once you've memorized the levels you really get used to it.

Another good online game is chromehounds, it has a like ongoing warzone thing with 3 nations but one of them has zero control so when you play as that country, it's like guerilla tactics but it's really fun. The game's extremely balanced and I was able to find a sqaud my first time withing five minutes. Not many a-holes play that game cause it's a mech game with lots of customization so it takes a lot of planning to make a decent mech and understand the gameplay. The mechs have vastly different classes too but it's easy to understand how to fight with each class.

One game I got recently was Earth Defense Force: 2017. It's a low-priced game that's $40 new and is basically about shooting big aliens (that are actually insects) and spaceships and other things. It has VERY fun co-op. I haven't played co-op game this good in a long time. It's pretty long and has about 153 weapons and lots of difficulty levels. It definitely feels like a budget game because while it can look pretty, it gets down to 10-20 fps occasionally. Very fun game though and if you're looking for something new I'd recommend that.

I'm pretty sure you can reset your XBL password from your email or just make a new account on xbox.com in like 5 minutes. You could call the xbox customer service line and try to get your password back.

OT Alert:

Lost Planet really isn't that bad, I just don't like being killed over and over and thinking "that POS boss isn't even "good," he just spams rockets out that I'm not allowed to." If the game has to "cheat" to beat me and I get frustrated because of it, it takes a lot of the fun away. I'd rather have a boss be at least a little closer in match firepower wise and be difficult because of the AI. Not programmed to just start reigning fire down on you when you get close to winning.

Just playing Lost Planet now. I can fully agree. Some of them are not that bad. But there are a few I was sooo pissed. The hornet one for example. I would die in my current mech, have over 3000 of t-energy left. And then be only 20 yards away from the next mech. But I could never get there. Spam after spam after spam. It took it at least a few minutes to kill me. Every time I tried to stand up and move I was nocked down again. Sooo frustarating. Now granted a 60 ft tall hornet that can shoot heat seaking rockets out of his back end would probably take you out quickly. But good greif just kill me out right not spam me to death!!!!

I am glad the wireless controllers are not that cheap as I was soo close to chucking that out the window. Just I am too cheap to go get another one so i had to use a measure of restraint :p

I am glad the wireless controllers are not that cheap as I was soo close to chucking that out the window. Just I am too cheap to go get another one so i had to use a measure of restraint :p
LOL!

Have you gotten to the huge Mech mess right after the Green-eye? If not I'll give you a hint that I doubt will spoil much... just tuck your tail and run away. I tried to actually kill everything dozens of times, using different strategies, and never got close. I'll get through the rest of the game and then go back to that area later to see if it is possible.

Back