Another reason to hate Disney

John Reynolds

Ecce homo
Veteran
Just noticed last night that my 56" widescreen TV has the Disney logo permanently burned into the screen on the bottom-left corner. This is probably from hours of the Disney cable channel being on every morning and they just have to put their f'n logo on the screen (along with their McDonald's commercials) at all times.

I approve this! The dude who came up with the new logos for the Disney Channels should be shot dead!

The Logo is taking like 30% of the visible space on the screen and it's not even transparent (For Toon Disney)... Great! Not intrusive at all, perfect!

The channels I watch the most are probably the documentaries and the cartoons channels, and those new logos for Disney Channel are pure evil crap!

John Reynolds said:
Just noticed last night that my 56" widescreen TV has the Disney logo permanently burned into the screen on the bottom-left corner. This is probably from hours of the Disney cable channel being on every morning and they just have to put their f'n logo on the screen (along with their McDonald's commercials) at all times.
sorry to hear, im also sick and tired of the constant logo being on. A few channels are becoming down right ridiculous with attention drawing logos/ads. tnt/tbs are some of the worst offenders.

epic

I thought new screen technology would avoid those kind of burns...
Is this true for any widescreen?

mito said:
I thought new screen technology would avoid those kind of burns...
Is this true for any widescreen?

Yeah...even the newer TVs are susceptable to burn in. I think the only type of TV that doesn't have those issues are Plasma or LCD...I forget. But don't worry about playing your games and stuff, just try to cut back on the 8 hour gameplay binges :devilish: (like I used to do). The only real threat is things Like CNN and Foxnews (and Disney and other places where they keep a single constant image).

Plasma is susceptible to burn-in. DLP and LCD are not, though LCD can retain faint afterimages of static backgrounds for a while (I had my windows desktop hinted as shadowy entities while gaming on a different LCD than my current), though that supposedly clears after couple days with the power off...

digitalwanderer said:
As if their $5 bottled water at their parks weren't reason enough. :rolleyes:
Actually, Disney's drink prices have become quite reasonable. I went to Disney World in Orlando last weekend and a 20 oz bottle of water is only $2. The real ripoffs these days are at sports stadiums. Food is still expensive at Disney though.

John Reynolds said:

I have three letters for you, my man. . .DLP. :)

Our original HDTV (that stayed in CA when we moved to MN), had the CNN logo starting to ghost in after only two years.

I always thought that screensavers were old fashioned and just used for entertainment these days. Having the screensaver come on when I'm reading something bothers me, so I always just disabled it. Recently I noticed some weird shadowy patterns on my monitor, and thought they were just dirt, but they wouldn't wipe off. Then I realized they line up perfectly with my desktop icons :) Needless to say, I've since turned on a screensaver. This monitor is about 5 years old, so it's not too bad for its age I guess, and really I think the only reason it's got burn-in is because I have to leave the monitor on 24/7 (if it's off for a while, when you turn it on it makes a high pitch squeel when the screen is bright, and doesn't stop for a few hours).

Anyway, I think the real question here is why is your TV tuned to a crappy channel? :p

John Reynolds said:

you should sue the manufacturer.. one TV screen shouldn't so easily burn..
weren't you informed of this issue (very prevalent on plasma) when buying it ?

if you don't mind rainbow effects DLP is a lot better.
and LCOS should even be better, with its three-chip designs and total lack of rainbow effects.

Ive heard from a friend of mine that works at the local Elgiganten that 5-10 min with snowscreen (crawling black and white dots) might fix burnt plasmas and tv,s . Cant tell if it work or not but it cant harm to try . Hope everything works out fine

I agree that the new disney channel logo is annoing at the least

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not know that . Forgive me for my lack of knowlegde . Seems what my friend told me is wrong then

I was in the TV section of a large department store a while back, and they actually had notices up explaining the difference between plasma and LCD, and saying that modern plasma doesn't suffer from burn-in - that any burn-in fades back out again. Anyone with technical knowledge (rather than repeating what we thought was the case with plasma burn-in) know if this is true or false?

Thats why i only watch pay channels like hbo. Only exception is cartoon network adult swim and smallville

Back