Eyes keeps worsening

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
Just want to blabber:

I used to be able to see clearly in Quest without glasses, but now its a bit blurry. I also no longer can work on a screen 50cm away from me without a slight blur.

Last time i go to doctor a few years ago, their answer is always the same as usual. Use stronger lenses, reduce screen time, and take 15 mins break to see far plants. The diagnosis was that i've got myopia and cylinder. But wearing glasses with cylinder correction results in headache, unable to walk properly, and i feel my vision weird. So the doc told me to just get lenses for myopia.

Currently have no plan to go to eyes doctor tho, i hate the queue. Considering to save money to get ortho-k contacts but family members strongly against that.

btw when seeing something that emits light, my blurring is not like the bokeh blur in camera lenses. But its more like image doubling. For example, be it horizontal or vertical line (e.g. this post text box)... i still can see the lines, including the pixels in my 55" 4K TV from 50cm that makes up that lines... but it was accompanied with blurry shadow 45 degrees to top left.

but for seeing something that is not emisive like a printed piece of paper, its just the normal blur. No doubling.

so my screen looks like this to my eyes, even when i closed one eye (top image). The doubling become tripling the further away i go (bottom image).

eyes.png

Hmm, maybe i should print that and bring it to eyes doctor...

Everyone should be doing this anyways.
every hour stop looking at the screen, but look at something far away outside, though this wont fix your issue orangepula, perhaps it will lessen the decline

in certain east asian countries practically everyone has myopia, because of all this close range viewing/inadequate lighting.

Just want to blabber:

I used to be able to see clearly in Quest without glasses, but now its a bit blurry. I also no longer can work on a screen 50cm away from me without a slight blur.

Last time i go to doctor a few years ago, their answer is always the same as usual. Use stronger lenses, reduce screen time, and take 15 mins break to see far plants. The diagnosis was that i've got myopia and cylinder. But wearing glasses with cylinder correction results in headache, unable to walk properly, and i feel my vision weird. So the doc told me to just get lenses for myopia.

Currently have no plan to go to eyes doctor tho, i hate the queue. Considering to save money to get ortho-k contacts but family members strongly against that.

btw when seeing something that emits light, my blurring is not like the bokeh blur in camera lenses. But its more like image doubling. For example, be it horizontal or vertical line (e.g. this post text box)... i still can see the lines, including the pixels in my 55" 4K TV from 50cm that makes up that lines... but it was accompanied with blurry shadow 45 degrees to top left.

but for seeing something that is not emisive like a printed piece of paper, its just the normal blur. No doubling.

so my screen looks like this to my eyes, even when i closed one eye (top image). The doubling become tripling the further away i go (bottom image).

View attachment 3648

Hmm, maybe i should print that and bring it to eyes doctor...
like me you seem to have myopia and astigmatism. Not that bad, myopic people have microscope vision , heheheh , true. Also myopia doesnt stop until you age and it gets stable.

Everyone should be doing this anyways.
every hour stop looking at the screen, but look at something far away outside, though this wont fix your issue orangepula, perhaps it will lessen the decline

in certain east asian countries practically everyone has myopia, because of all this close range viewing/inadequate lighting.

It's also generally exacerbated by a person's ethnicity and unrelated to looking at screens or reading.

https://consumer.healthday.com/eye-...roups-have-differing-eye-problems-514573.html

So, being Asian I'm predisposed to myopia (which I had) and astigmatism (which I also had) due to my ethnicity. Considering this was diagnosed when I was a child growing up in well lit environments before personal computers were a thing...yeah. :)

That's not to say that staring at the same thing for 10+ hours a day 7 days a week isn't potentially harmful.

Regards,
SB

Back