Anand has the details about r520,rv530,rv515

Is FEAR worth $400+? :) I'm more concerned with Oblivion than any FPS. 20 hours max of gameplay isn't worth an upgrade anymore IMO, not until we see some games that are actually different in ways other than graphics compared to what I played 8 yrs ago. Though FEAR at least seems to perhaps have fear down better than Doom3 did.

Well if XT isn't going to ship for about a month+ after NDA expiry, because it's respin 6 (while XL, Pro, SE are respin 5) then I think we can safely ignore specific core clock guesses...

Jawed

Oh!!! Just for the record, in a few hours it will no longer by any definition be "late summer". Bad ATI! Naughty ATI!! WHAP WHAP WHAP, I remonstrate with the salmon of correction.

:p

This thread is entirely too long. :( Can't it be split yet?

(But not by Neeyik. He's apparently double-plus-notgood at that kind of thing. ;) )

I'm still stunned that Dave posted a direct, naked link to the Inq. No quips or smilies.

Let us observe a moment of silence.

kemosabe said:
I'm still stunned that Dave posted a direct, naked link to the Inq. No quips or smilies.

Let us observe a moment of silence.

Kombatant and I had that conversation once --could be the oldest play in the "I know something I can't say" playbook, even when you have to use a colleague you hold in minimum high regard to do it. :LOL:

Theoretically, hypothetically, no guarantee, of course. Possibly he was just doing his typical cruisin' the net looking for goodies and thot we'd like to see that one. That's probably it. That's my testimony, counselor.

Jawed said:
Dave has linked L'Inq quite a lot recently, in much the same fashion.

Jawed

Well, if previous experience (with past launches) is any indication, in the final few days/weeks before the NDA expiration the Inq tends to be correct more times than usual.

serenity said:
Atleast the X1800 XL is confirmed to be a single-slot card.

It's not the slot design, but the length of the card that troubles me a bit (I had the same gripe with the 7800 too).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Geo
PaulS said:
...nothing. I didn't say the R520 necessarily WOULD be better - your comment was that you didn't care that much about ATi improving performance over the 7800GTX, since you don't think there are any games which really need the added speed. I gave you an example of a very intensive title which very much does need more.

one.....:rolleyes:

geo said:
even when you have to use a colleague you hold in minimum high regard to do it. :LOL: .
Thats not fair to say that about Dave.
If the Inq. is true it must be Bios testing at ATI, untill the release.

demonic said:
What I would find really cool, is if AIB's managed to bump up the clocks, like BFG has done for the GTX.
CDR-Info published an interview with Rene Froeleke (PR Tech Manager) of ATI. It is really a bad interview considering the questions they asked him but on the overclocking topic:

"How would you compare the overclocking capabilities of the R520 with those offered by NVIDIA’s 7800 series?

This is something I would like to leave to the overclockers out there, but please remember that we have chosen the process for a reason… :smile: "

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=15082&PageId=2

trinibwoy said:
Geez, 1500 on the mem !? Nvidia really are cheap skates !
nVidia's been doing very well with less memory bandwidth on the NV4x compared to the R4xx. Compare, for example, the 6600 GT vs. X800 GT. Both have the same number of pipelines, and similar clock speeds. But the X800 GT has nearly twice the memory bandwidth. And yet, they still trade benchmark wins in different games.

Chalnoth said:
nVidia's been doing very well with less memory bandwidth on the NV4x compared to the R4xx. Compare, for example, the 6600 GT vs. X800 GT. Both have the same number of pipelines, and similar clock speeds. But the X800 GT has nearly twice the memory bandwidth. And yet, they still trade benchmark wins in different games.
16GB/s vs 22GB/s

Twice ? (Yes, I'm nitpicking) :LOL:

6600GT has a better fillrate to make up for it though.

kemosabe said:
And yet HKEPC is sticking to its guns about the XT being clocked at 650MHz+.

Fuad vs. Administrator............place your bets. ;)

HKEPC also reported for a "fact" that XT is 24 pipes (or was it even 32?) just while ago, with pics of the card and all

I would expect it to be clocked at 650MHz+ too; that'd be more representative of initial targets. Setting clocks at the last minute is nothing new but I think they've been extra shady this time round - partly due to yield issues perhaps, but probably more due to the fact that clockspeed is their big play for this generation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Geo
Back