AMD: Southern Islands (7*** series) Speculation/ Rumour Thread

Pc monitors are the way display manufacturers use to sell worst panels at high prices.

There is no reason at all to use pc monitors today with the prices of led tv so low.

I use several 47inches lg led tvs with my pc.

Pc monitors are the way display manufacturers use to sell worst panels at high prices.

There is no reason at all to use pc monitors today with the prices of led tv so low.

I can get Full HD IPS panel monitors cheaper than cheapest TV's which usually are just HD Ready too

That's an odd statement.

Isn't the ZR24w e-IPS (i.e., a 6-bit LG panel), just like the Dell? Or is S-IPS actually different than e-IPS in some way?

Now I'm curious what type of IPS panel LCD TVs use.

Isn't the ZR24w e-IPS (i.e., a 6-bit LG panel), just like the Dell? Or is S-IPS actually different than e-IPS in some way?

I wouldn't be surprised if they were in fact TN's on the cheapest TV models

E-IPS (aka Enhanced IPS) is 8bit similar to H-IPS, S-IPS or any other IPS, only difference is the manufacturing process (cheaper)

How far we are from release? When SI thread becomes monitor thread then it means AMD secrecy department is doing well. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
E-IPS (aka Enhanced IPS) is 8bit similar to H-IPS, S-IPS or any other IPS, only difference is the manufacturing process (cheaper)

Don't confuse E(nhanced) IPS with e-IPS. e-IPS is 6bit with FRC. There are claims it is 8bit, but manufacturers also claim 6bit TN panels as 8bit.

Yields probably don't allow it if there's no new cards out by then.

As for monitors, I want the Samsung Syncmaster S27A850 for my PC when it comes out... :)

That is a valid point. I am about to do a new build but I'll keep my gtx260 until I come back from vacation mid Nov. If AMD doesn't have the new cards out by the, I'm basically being forced into a gtx580.

If AMD is keep tabs on the forums they should know that a lot of people are looking at a pc refresh around BF3. Either they can pounce on this opportunity or let it slip. We know nvidia won't have anything new for a while.

Why do you HAVE to buy new graphics at the same time as the rest of your computer? Just continue using what you've got now, even though it is getting long in the tooth. Better that than to buy into a soon-obsolete product I'd say,

Anyhow, by mid-novembertime we'll know more when to expect the new cards, assuming they're not out already, so my recommendation would be to just keep pantyhose on for a bit longer... :) Hang in there ok? I know new shiny things are awesome to have, but the 580 is pretty far from new by now, especially considering how close to the 480 it preceeded it is.

Back