AMD: R7xx Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Sapphire and Zotac are brands owned by PC Partner. Apart from that, PC Partner manufactures (or at least did in the past) the cards that were sold under the ATi brand and it's also usual that the first boards that get to the market under all brands are contract-manufactured by one company. That was the case with GeForce 8800 GTX for example.

I merely pointed out that this very card is made in Canada, in the small assembly facility in the former ATi HQ in Markham. By the way, the manufacturing date is 25th February 2008.
Yeah, that's usual for ref ES boards. At least the texolite's been kicking around for a while.

PC Partner do they manufacture for Sapphire and Zotac?
Sapphire (AMD AIB) and Zotac (Nvidia AIB) are subsidiaries of PC Partner.

Holy Crap :oops: that 10s clip is incredible.

Jawed

Makes the Medusa demo look a bit silly in comparison ;) Albeit still very nice in its own right, particularly the animations!

I've got to hand it to ATi, they've been making better demos than NV since the R300 days. Not to say NV's demos are poor, just ATi puts more effort into theirs and it shows.

AMD want to destroy the GeForce 9000 series !
Who will buy a 9800 GTX now ?

Can NVidia sell its GTX280 for less than 300 euro :?:

So what's the USA prices for that thing? That many dollars, as it generally is?

Then it's phenomenally cheap
I wouldn't bet on the dollar to euro exchange rate, the dollar is weak enough that the old patterns don't hold any more. The price is pretty much in line with where it has to be - the 3850 can be had for as low as 85 euros with 512MB GDDR3, so these prices should give AMD a decent margin in comparison.

That was close, for a minute I thought AMD was actually going to stick to a promised launch date.

Actually, this makes sense and its fairly smart of them to do, unlike other delays that were forced by lack of availability and whatnot.

USA - NewEgg (Mail-in rebate Festival!):
HIS Radeon HD 3850 512MB -> $99.99 after MIR.
DIAMOND Radeon HD 3850 512MB -> $99.99 after MIR.
ASUS Radeon HD 3850 512MB -> $99.99 after MIR.
POWERCOLOR Radeon HD 3850 512MB -> $99.99 after MIR.

Europe:
Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 512MB -> 95.00 Euro (19.6% tax incl.)
Gigabyte Radeon HD 3850 512MB -> 99.00 Euro (19.6% tax incl.)
Connect 3D Radeon HD 3850 512MB -> 99.00 Euro (19.6% tax incl.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back