AMD: R7xx Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
index.php

source: http://www.ati-forum.de/allgemein/news/512-his-verpackung-der-hd4850-packaging-of-the-hd4850/

BTW: I just found out that the RV770 is very, very fast. Its so fast that it got the FAST mark on the PCB, watch here:

amd48504ot6.jpg

BTW: This is exclusive NDA material!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

What does the new price indicate? Some might speculate it means lower than expected performance or perhaps better than expected yields.

It could also be a pre-emptive strike against NV just in case they're thinking of lowering prices for their 9800GTX/GT.

It could also be a pre-emptive strike against NV just in case they're thinking of lowering prices for their 9800GTX/GT.

True, but that just NV reason to = or < than that price thus defeating the purpose and yet again giving AMD small margins. Why they insist on doing that is beyond me, aren't they bleeding $$$$ enough as it is.

AMD is well positioned in the middle of the market. They've got a nice clean product lineup that's a stark contrast to the mess at Nvidia. Low prices, strong featureset and low power consumption should be a knock out combo. Especially against the regurgitated G8x variants that they compete with.

But alas, their marketing and PR is still piss poor so none of that will probably make a difference in the end.....

Original graph from JC:
gtx200-series-performance.jpg

After some modifications...
GeForceGTX200GPUs.png

Catalyst 8.4:
· A picture is worth a thousand words -> WiC avg FPS.

Catalyst 8.5 :
· Call of Juarez DX10: Performance increases up to 12% on systems containing an ATI Radeon HD 3000
· World in Conflict DX10: Performance increases up to 25% on systems containing an ATI Radeon HD 3800.
· Higher performance gains are noticed on systems contianing an ATI Radeon 3870 X2.

Just an internal Nvidia PR performance test with Cat 8.3 (lol) drivers

Either way though, if 4870 is ~ 3870X2 speeds, then 4870X2 can certainly compete with the GTX260 if not 280

Just an internal Nvidia PR performance test with Cat 8.3 (lol) drivers

Either way though, if 4870 is ~ 3870X2 speeds, then 4870X2 can certainly compete with the GTX260 if not 280

I'll believe it when I see and flyby's, cutscenes, walkthrus or in game benches are not used to test with. I want real, actual gaming benches, not crap.

Original graph from JC:
gtx200-series-performance.jpg

After some modifications...
GeForceGTX200GPUs.png

Catalyst 8.4:
· A picture is worth a thousand words -> WiC avg FPS.

Catalyst 8.5 :
· Call of Juarez DX10: Performance increases up to 12% on systems containing an ATI Radeon HD 3000
· World in Conflict DX10: Performance increases up to 25% on systems containing an ATI Radeon HD 3800.
· Higher performance gains are noticed on systems contianing an ATI Radeon 3870 X2.

Which propably equates to 3-10% actual game performance boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back