AMD FSR antialiasing discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 90741
  • Start date
Man i'm such a dummy. I didn't even think about using other forms of visual info, ie feature maps, as an input into your final NN.
You could even do a simple edge detection filter and then turn that into a vector based descriptor for a resolution independent description of edges.
I guess thats how you get nice clean edges on your upscaled image.

I wonder what other kinds of feature maps they could/would be using as inputs into the upscale process.
It's a real pity they have any access to an Engine level depth map, which would be super useful for this stuff
I guess they could generate it, but no where near as accurate.

So the PTX compiler could emit an equivalent binary code sequence in order to “polyfill” DP2A/DP4A, even if DP2A/DP4A hardware acceleration ends up only in a couple blessed variants in the family.
Thanks, I am aware of macroses. Slower speed dp4a would have been noticed immediately and caused a lot of questions from CUDA community, but I don't see any.

Thanks, I am aware of macroses. Slower speed dp4a would have been noticed immediately and caused a lot of questions from CUDA community, but I don't see any.
Having looked into this further, this does seems like a documentation issue on Nvidia's part. I mean, who in the right mind would not expect the hardware vendor's own Tuning Guide to be the source of truth of their own hardware?

:D

Having looked into this further, this does seems like a documentation issue on Nvidia's part. I mean, who in the right mind would not expect the hardware vendor's own Tuning Guide to be the source of truth of their own hardware?

:D

The Tuning guide doesn’t explicitly say anything about other GP10x chips. So it can be neither right or wrong :)

The authors of said tuning guides should cross-check with the executives of product segmentation. Not all features are accessible in all SKUs. That being said, I was unaware of differences in SMx functionality between x02, x04 and x06.

Unreal Engine 5 demo is using AMD Temporal super resolution

https://community.amd.com/t5/blogs/...s-in-unreal-engine-5-early-access/ba-p/473407

AMD said:
Temporal Super Resolution: TSR is a new technique of upscaling a lower resolution frame to maximize performance and visual fidelity. AMD has worked closely with Epic to optimize TSR features on Radeon™ powered systems. A standard feature of UE5, TSR is enabled for all GPUs and provides state-of-the-art upscaling not just on PC, but on PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S, too.

Seems like it's using it's own temporal supersampling though - which is already present in UE4 but is expanded in UE5? The wording isn't clear. They would probably call it FidelityFX SR if it was that.

Its a UE5 engine feature, hence it running on anything.

Back