All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
XBone in U.S.: 275€
XBone in Europe: 400€

Ouch..
No VAT differences would ever justify a 45% price difference.

The XB1 didn't stay long at 399€ on mainland europe. I think the offical price is at 375€ now and bundles can be find at even less on online retailers.

XBone in U.S.: 275€

Jeez, that calculates as £217 - that's impulse buy territory! I take it tax isn't included in that price?! You guys in the US get it easy. ;)

For perspective, the Xbox One (/w Kinect) was the eqivalent of $700 on release in the UK.

Nope. Add typical 8%. Which is still well under £250.
If Microsoft don't start selling lots of machines in the US (and more than Sony) they're screwed this generation. Well, permanently second anyway.

They HAVE to win those months, surely?!

Nope. Add typical 8%. Which is still well under £250.
A 1Tb HDD Xbox One at £250 would be instal-buy for me. Or just more must-have games. Forza Horizon 2 is definitely a must have for me. Halo MCC may be another but the quality of the whole remaster will be the deciding factor.

I don't want a smaller HDD, my A/V centre is already cramped and the Xbox One is huge without more things (external HDD) hanging off it.

Come on Microsoft, make this a Merry Christmas! Do something radical vis-à-vis pricing :yes:

A 1Tb HDD Xbox One at £250 would be instal-buy for me. Or just more must-have games. Forza Horizon 2 is definitely a must have for me. Halo MCC may be another but the quality of the whole remaster will be the deciding factor.

I don't want a smaller HDD, my A/V centre is already cramped and the Xbox One is huge without more things (external HDD) hanging off it.

Come on Microsoft, make this a Merry Christmas! Do something radical vis-à-vis pricing :yes:

£250 with SO, DR3 & FH2 (essentially all the exclusives) would be nice :p

Heck even I could bite if the Xbone was being sold for close to 250€ (and I could make a full x64 windows machine out of it).

The XB1 didn't stay long at 399€ on mainland europe. I think the offical price is at 375€ now and bundles can be find at even less on online retailers.

Bundles for less than 375€? Where?

Amazon rankings of interest to me:

Sunset Overdrive, currently 8th and I saw it as high as 6th. Not too bad. I'm not sure whether the good reviews or general excitement over the X1 price cut played a part as well.

Halo MCC 9th and doing very well. Although only currently 76 on the 2014 best sellers, it has time to move up.

Call of Duty X1 which is already showing the discount at Amazon (since it doesn't ship til 3rd) all the way to 10th. One of the highest spots I recall for X1 hardware.

X1 Unity bundle, also discounted already due to later ship date, 19th.

Regular X1 which isn't discounted yet, dropped to 48.

So, good movement on X1 hardware. In fact it'd be outselling PS4 currently (pending preorders) as regular PS4 is in 12th spot and destiny ps4 is in 35th spot.

There's a weird 4th X1 bundle in the top 100, Unity bundle with Kinect #60.

The day something goes on sale the ranking spike, that isn't news. You'll want to see if they hang out in their new spots for long.

Bundles for less than 375€? Where?
Here in nz, xbone & sunset overdrive for 353.18 Euro (including tax & 2 yr guarantee maybe 3 yr I forget how long electronics are guarenteed in nz)

Nintendo FY14 Q2: 1.27M 3DS, 0.61M Wii U, 24.2 billion yen profit

GAF: 1st Course

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/141029e.pdf

Q2

96.7 billion yen revenue
9.5 billion yen operating income
24.2 billion yen net income

H1 (Q1 + Q2)

171.4 billion yen revenue
-0.22 billion yen operation income
14.3 billion yen net income

Wii U
Code:
Hardware       Ap-Jn    Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr      FY      LTD

FY 2012/13       -        -      3.06     0.39      3.45     3.45

FY 2013/14     0.16     0.30     1.95      0.31     2.72     6.17

FY 2014/15     0.51     0.61        -       -       1.12     7.29  

Software       Ap-Jn    Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr      FY      LTD

FY 2012/13       -        -      11.69    1.73      13.42    13.42   

FY 2013/14     1.03     5.27      9.66    2.9       18.86    32.28

FY 2014/15     4.39     5.01        -       -         9.40   41.67

Originally Posted by JoeM86
Lowest Operating Loss since 2011, with quite the jump in 3 months going from 9.4bn to 0.2bn.
Decent net profit.

Originally Posted by vinnygambini

Much better than last years results.
- Mainly costs reductions
- They have reversed the losses in Q1 from Foreign Exchange due to Q2's stronger than expected US Currency
- About 210 million Restructuring charges incurred in H1
- Analysts expected a net income profit of 63$ million US (Nintendo did 230 million$)
- Wii U's 3.6 million forecast remains intact and will most likely exceed internal projections by year-end
- 3DS remains to be seen

In the end, I'm very happy by these results

I'm personally expecting Operational Income to stand at 30 Billion in Q3; don't know if they will achieve overall of 40 Billion in FY15 honestly but a profit nonetheless

Originally Posted by SwiftDeath
Yes, all unit numbers in OP [HW/SW] are shipped

Last edited by a moderator:
With those numbers, the idea that Wii U is outselling X1 worldwide is completely laughable (which some people seemed excited about a few weeks back). Hell MS sold more in the states via NPD than Nintendo shipped WW in Jul-Sp (754k IIRC vs 610k). Granted there is lag and shipping and sales are not 1:1 for any given period.

I dont see any cause for excitement for Nintendo over the profit numbers, they continue down the pathway to irrelevance. If they manage to eke out a profit over ever decreasing revenue it doesn't make a success. That's just not much hardware sold of 3DS nor Wii U.

I dont see any cause for excitement for Nintendo over the profit numbers, they continue down the pathway to irrelevance.

Nintendo are far from irrelevant, they still make the best games available on any platform. I gave my kids the choice of having Skylanders Swop Force on PS4 or WiiU and they said they'd prefer it on the WiiU (I'll probably disregard that and get it on PS4 anyway).

You simply can't beat Mario 3D World, it's beautiful too.

Nintendo just need to readjust their priorities for the next system.

Nintendo seem to be pretty happy trodding along making their beautiful games, making a little profit here and there, selling truckloads of handheld systems, and generally being Nintendo.
How can you argue with that?

But Sony aren't slipping behind. there's no point spending more money than necessary. If your investment doesn't provide returns, it's a waste. A decent marketing budget is all PS4 needs at the moment. A price cut would just harm Sony's bottom dollar.

Now if XB1 starts to gain ground/PS4 sales start to slip, then Sony should act.

Yeah, they are selling nicely i would just turn up the heat even more, try to gain a even stronger position. We know from the hopeless PS3 launch that without keeping the momentum there is a chance that you can yield a dominant first place.

And my point is, that if XB1 starts to gain ground, then imho it will be much harder to fight back since that would indicate that the momentum is gone and Microsoft has gained it.

Ohh well, just fluffy ideas

I dont see any cause for excitement for Nintendo over the profit numbers, they continue down the pathway to irrelevance.

They are more relevant than ever, they hold on to their vision, they deliver a solid product, they have some of the best games on any consoles, their only real problem is the asking price to get access to those games.
They are truly unique.

They are more relevant than ever, they hold on to their vision, they deliver a solid product, they have some of the best games on any consoles, their only real problem is the asking price to get access to those games.
They are truly unique.

I think they are sticking with the price currently because they feel that Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros will allow them to meet their sales goal without hardware sales negatively affecting profits. Nintendo is on track to exceed their profit goal for the fiscal year, that's a good thing no matter how you spin it. Like people have mentioned in this thread, momentum doesn't seem to carry over from one generation to the next, so Nintendo having low market share with Wii U doesn't doom their next console, nor would a successful turnaround of the Wii U guarantee success for their next console. I think Nintendo will cut the price early next year, and if manufacturing cost have dropped enough, perhaps they will get aggressive and go down to $199.

Yeah, they are selling nicely i would just turn up the heat even more, try to gain a even stronger position. We know from the hopeless PS3 launch that without keeping the momentum there is a chance that you can yield a dominant first place.
For Sony to "turn up the heat" would cost them money for debatable gain. The gap between in global sales between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is growing, not shrinking.

And my point is, that if XB1 starts to gain ground, then imho it will be much harder to fight back since that would indicate that the momentum is gone and Microsoft has gained it.

The Xbox One is very unlikely going to switch immediately from losing ground to gaining ground. If/when things begin to turn around it'll likely be very slowly like PlayStation 3 vs. Xbox 360. The worldwide sales gaps on monthly basis will begin to diminish until they are at parity. Even at this point the Xbox One will be millions of units behind in worldwide sales and then it will have to consistently outsell PlayStation 4 month on month for a long time - potentially years.

Sony will have plenty of time to react to either diminishing PlayStation 4 sales and/or increasing Xbox One sales. Price cuts, bundles, the usual things that they've not had to use yet. But there's no sign of this happening. Yet. Microsoft haven't even mentioned worldwide Xbox One sales for months and that's a great sign. And they've made optional their one USP (Kinect).

Because Kinect was clearly a hugely profitable piece of the Xbox One jigsaw (using the estimated costs vs. value of inclusion in retail package) and Microsoft can't recoup those costs (or reap those profits) through all console sales, that's a potential profit loss that is probably going to bite hard. They really need to shave more off the cost but whether that's financially feasible is the billion dollar question.

Nobody really knows if Microsoft are looking at just losing profits, or actual loses, in order to increase the customer base of Xbox One. Comparatively Sony's PlayStation business is an open book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back