All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo numbers, April-June

.51 million Wii U

.82 million 3DS

Wii U total is now 6.68 million

Seems unlikely Wii U outsold XBO last quarter, as just NPD for April-June was 389k XBO, so XBO woould have had to sell less than 120k outside USA to be below Wii U.

Although, shipments have some disconnect with actual sales, so it's theoretically possible. However I doubt it.

Wii U is still surely ahead of XBO LTD though. Which we dont have anymore but I'd guesstimate at 5.9 million. And should stay ahead for one more quarter. Then holidays should push XBO well ahead.

Seems unlikely Wii U outsold XBO last quarter, as just NPD for April-June was 389k XBO, so XBO woould have had to sell less than 120k outside USA to be below Wii U.

We cannot know that for sure. Nintendo shipped 0.51M to stores in calendar Q2, but stores were already fully stocked. Sales could be higher than reported shipment number.

Since E3 the tides have started to turn for the Wii-U.
If Nintendo can manage to cut price to $199-$249 and continue with the great game announcements then I can easily see the console selling 1Million+ WW each quarter and double that during Oct-Dec quarter over the next 2 years.
Whilst that does not sound like much, it should be enough to get the Wii-U Lifetime sales into Gamecube territory.

The 3DS on the other hand has seen better days and this time there will be no recovery.

Edit; Whoops, I went a bit off-topic and let my mind wander into speculating the 3DS successor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wii U is still surely ahead of XBO LTD though. Which we dont have anymore but I'd guesstimate at 5.9 million. And should stay ahead for one more quarter. Then holidays should push XBO well ahead.

Unless Nintendo actually drops the price with a MK bundle. ;)

We cannot know that for sure. Nintendo shipped 0.51M to stores in calendar Q2, but stores were already fully stocked. Sales could be higher than reported shipment number.

That's why I pointed out there's a disconnect between shipments and sales :rolleyes:

It only makes it less likely Wii U outsold X1 last Q, but not impossible, there's arguably enough wiggle room there, but it'd likely have to be kind of an edge case. Personally I'd put the odds at less than 20% or something.

Random PS4 versus XBO vs Wii U software Amazon hourly spot check

#1 PS4 Last of Us Remastered
#6 PS4 Little Big Planet 3 (guessing recently listed, leading to it's current high ranking)

#7 Wii U Mario Kart 8
#10 XBO Destiny
#13 XBO COD AW Pro Edition

#15 PS4 COD AW Pro Edition
#16 PS4 Last of Us Remastered digital code (interesting)
#17 PS4 Destiny

#32 XBO BF4 (low price last few weeks)
#34 XBO COD Ghosts (ditto)

#43 Wii U Super Mario 3D World
#47 Halo: MCC
#55 PS4 AC Unity
#61 PS4 Diablo 3

#63 XBO Titanfall
#64 XBO AC IV (low price)

#72 PS4 Watch Dogs
#76 PS4 Fifa 14
#78 PS4 COD AW Limited Edition
#84 PS4 MLB The Show

#93 XBO AC Unity
#94 PS4 AC IV
#97 XBO COD AW Limited Edition
#98 PS4 Wolfenstein
#99 PS4 COD Ghosts

Hope I didn't miss any! Especially may miss Wii U titles.

bSbp9JB.png

Ps4 is hurttinggg in Japan. Will cripple it from making the loftiest worldwide numbers.

I guess Wii U is the next gen Japan champ so far, albeit maybe that's like tallest midget.

From what I read on GAF not much coming down the pike for PS4 either. Bloodborne in Spring 15 and maybe something in Fall 15.

Random PS4 versus XBO vs Wii U software Amazon hourly spot check

#1 PS4 Last of Us Remastered
#6 PS4 Little Big Planet 3 (guessing recently listed, leading to it's current high ranking)

#7 Wii U Mario Kart 8
#10 XBO Destiny
#13 XBO COD AW Pro Edition

#15 PS4 COD AW Pro Edition
#16 PS4 Last of Us Remastered digital code (interesting)
#17 PS4 Destiny

#32 XBO BF4 (low price last few weeks)
#34 XBO COD Ghosts (ditto)

#43 Wii U Super Mario 3D World
#47 Halo: MCC
#55 PS4 AC Unity
#61 PS4 Diablo 3

#63 XBO Titanfall
#64 XBO AC IV (low price)

#72 PS4 Watch Dogs
#76 PS4 Fifa 14
#78 PS4 COD AW Limited Edition
#84 PS4 MLB The Show

#93 XBO AC Unity
#94 PS4 AC IV
#97 XBO COD AW Limited Edition
#98 PS4 Wolfenstein
#99 PS4 COD Ghosts

Hope I didn't miss any! Especially may miss Wii U titles.

Destiny XO higher than Destiny PS4?? Interesting!

More Bungie fans on XB willing to take a punt on a Bungie preorder?

Nope. Basic XB1 sku is the highest selling sku for the month. But thats not counting that the PS4 sku handily outsold the XB1 sku in june and thats not counting the other PS4 skus including the white PS4 bundle which have sold pretty well and better than X1 counterparts.

Just seeing a late surge of the XB1ers preordering Destiny while alot of PS4ers jumped aboard early.

Sony FY15 Q1 [calendar Q2] results are released.

PS4+PS3 3.5M
Vita+VitaTV 0.7M
Software 85M

Sony as a whole is in much better shape, gaming division is in black, they are getting proffits almost everywhere [overall $260M net profits].

3.5M is impressive number [PS3 is probably at around 500k, US+Japan direct sales [NPD+MC] were at 210K], they are decimating competition in home console space [3:1 against MS]. Even Vita managed to get better shipment number than WiiU. :)

Nice quarter for Sony. And here we were debating between 2.0 and 2.5 million...

3YvzoZh.png

14788909871_4db9b0d6fb_o.png

Since September 2013 like for like

360+One=10.5 million

PS4+PS3=15 million

Cerny really killed it with the PS4 design. Because the PS4 hardware seems profitable or at least not greatly money losing.

Does seem likely PS4 was overshipped though, from GAF

...I fear PS4 got massively overshipped, if PS3 really counts for 1 million or less.

Japan sales for Q1 FY14 (Media Create) - 127,281
US sales for Q1 FY14 (NPD) - 665,000

Total between US and Japan - 792,281

If PS3 accounted for 1 million or less, that would mean that other territories should have seen sales for 1,707,719 or more to have actual sales and shipment to be the same. I fear that this is not possible.

IIRC, we should have some numbers for some European countries, right?

Now, I'd guess PS3 is more like 400k, not even close to 1 million.

I think it was kind of Sony's "fully catch up inventory" quarter.

Still very impressive mind you, I just wonder if we'll see a correction next quarter.

BTW, World:NPD ratio this Q for Sony was ~4.5:1 !

I think it was kind of Sony's "fully catch up inventory" quarter.

Still very impressive mind you, I just wonder if we'll see a correction next quarter.

Next quarter is Destiny quarter [with few other notable games], and that game will move a lot of consoles. Also traditionally, Q3 is always stronger in shipments than Q2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back