Advice on water cooled PC *spawn*

Thanks Mize for delivering with the pictures! Always nice to follow people building their rigs and nice temp improvements . Almighty's system looks to be quite a stunner! I'm getting excited here, might have to use water cooling for my next rig also :), but that's not going to be in near future.

From when I was running a Phenom 2 x6 and 5850 Crossfire :cool:

2011-02-25183100.jpg

2011-02-25183110.jpg

2011-02-25183158.jpg

2011-02-25183224.jpg

My aim is to have looking better then that in every way...

Indeed, almighty is an artist and the 3/8" looks great. I am only after function and very happy with my results...on to my next project - installing a backup camera direct to my built-in nav in my 370Z...

Indeed, almighty is an artist and the 3/8" looks great. I am only after function and very happy with my results...on to my next project - installing a backup camera direct to my built-in nav in my 370Z...

Nissan driver then :smile:!

Any mods to the car engine or is it running stock?

Sorry for OT!

It's a 2010 Roadster with no engine mods and <5k miles (my Summer-only car)...really want to put in a Greddy stage 2 Turbo, but the kit alone is $9k and a bit more of a commitment than water cooling...still, after I finish paying for the car the turbo is at the top of my list :)

What sort of power upgrade does that Turbo kit give?

What CPU do you have BTW and have you tried any overclocking with those GPUs with this new setup? or are you running them stock?

What sort of power upgrade does that Turbo kit give?

Takes it from about 330 bhp to 450 bhp give or take. The 450 is supposed to be dyno'd rwbhp so it's a pretty huge increase.

What CPU do you have BTW and have you tried any overclocking with those GPUs with this new setup? or are you running them stock?

CPU is an i7-2600k @ 4.5 GHz. 580s are running stock for now, but I have to start OC'ing them and maybe push the 2600k closer to 5 GHz now that it's got nice cooling.

The interesting thing about this set-up is that the PWM pump runs really silent - since it's tied to the CPU temp profile it doesn't ratchet up unless the CPU warms up and there are some games that don't push the CPU that hard, but push the GPUs. So I created a CPU fan profile that is 100% rpm at all temps for these games :)

frozencpu.com has a bunch of 2011 HSFs if you want air. The best is probably the Thermalright Silver Arrow, but it's still $83. There are much cheaper. Alternatively, you could send it to me and I could test it for you :)

Just found some old CoolIT TEC coolers in my draw of random shit, must resist urge to splice them into my loops......

frozencpu.com has a bunch of 2011 HSFs if you want air. The best is probably the Thermalright Silver Arrow, but it's still $83. There are much cheaper. Alternatively, you could send it to me and I could test it for you :)

If any thing it'll be the guy with a 300w phase unit that'll get to test it :p

It's a 2010 Roadster with no engine mods and <5k miles (my Summer-only car)...really want to put in a Greddy stage 2 Turbo, but the kit alone is $9k and a bit more of a commitment than water cooling...still, after I finish paying for the car the turbo is at the top of my list :)

Good thinking then!

That engine can be modded to moon and back! Sweet beast(s) :p [last sentence describes both car and computer not to remain too much off topic]

How do you mean integrate? Do you just want to run your normal water loop through the peltiers and the CPU heat exchanger and back again to your normal loop? With the old circular heatsink with noisy fan cooling the TECs?

I've never run TECs owing to condensation fears...but they seem very cool...get it? :D

How do you mean integrate? Do you just want to run your normal water loop through the peltiers and the CPU heat exchanger and back again to your normal loop? With the old circular heatsink with noisy fan cooling the TECs?

CPU block > water cooling rad > reservoir > pump > TEC cooling tanks > CPU block

Putting the TECs on the pump/reservoir side of the water loop looks a lot smarter than sticking 'em straight on the CPU/GPU(s), but where in that picture is the air intake for the fan...? :oops:

Also, better hope there's some thermal regulation integrated, or I'd worry about the water freezing if the computer isn't doing much...! :D

Putting the TECs on the pump/reservoir side of the water loop looks a lot smarter than sticking 'em straight on the CPU/GPU(s), but where in that picture is the air intake for the fan...? :oops:

Also, better hope there's some thermal regulation integrated, or I'd worry about the water freezing if the computer isn't doing much...! :D

The air is taken in through the sides, it's a big cylinder with fins and the fans pulls air through the side ( You can see the finned design in the pictures )

I phase cool so I'm worried about condensation :p

Back