ADSL issues? (updated...)

Simon F said:
london-boy said:
Gay bible:
-Thou shalt have 5 phones in each room.
And the BT bible says " thou shalt have at most 4 phone 'units' connected".

One must therefore conclude that your house consists of only 80% of a room or you aren't quite as "row of tents" as you claim. :)

THAT'S why it never worked properly!!!! ;) :LOL:

_xxx_ said:
That would be "extra fast" option, which cost more than those filters probably. Normal shipping takes 3-4 weeks.
Nah, not if you keep it under a pound and the box is within a certain specification...then you can mail it as air express cheap. ;)

I'm getting pretty good at learning the ins & outs of international mailing.

CANADA is the one I don't get, it takes weeks to get anything to/from there. :?

digitalwanderer said:
_xxx_ said:
That would be "extra fast" option, which cost more than those filters probably. Normal shipping takes 3-4 weeks.
Nah, not if you keep it under a pound and the box is within a certain specification...then you can mail it as air express cheap. ;)

I'm getting pretty good at learning the ins & outs of international mailing.

CANADA is the one I don't get, it takes weeks to get anything to/from there. :?

It's the Illuminati.

Ok, back to the crisis.

Changed the plugs and stuff last night and the line seems fine now. Msn disconnected only once, and i think it was just MSN, not the line itself.

Now, new prob.

I have a wireless router, i am connected through standard ethernet cable and i'm fine (the modem is in my room so i thought i'd just plug it, makes things easier). My flatmate is using a wireless connection to the router, and apparently he keeps getting disconnected.

What could cause that? Anything i can do about it?

wireless phone sets use same frequency as wifi, make sure their isn't one between his wifi adapter and your router/modem.

make sure all the phones have a splitter between them and the socket? Not using Win XP SP2 windows managing the connection and using the manufacturers wifi software caused problems in my house.

Randell said:
wireless phone sets use same frequency as wifi, make sure their isn't one between his wifi adapter and your router/modem.

make sure all the phones have a splitter between them and the socket? Not using Win XP SP2 windows managing the connection and using the manufacturers wifi software caused problems in my house.

Yeah we have wireless phones and the line kinda goes the same direction the wi-fi does (from a room to the other)...

How do i check i'm using window's managing thing?

oh it was THAT kind of question.....
;)
WELL he's got one of the best bodies i've ever seen, but he's not my thing... we're good friends.

you put the adsl filter last!
first normal telephone plug, then maybe another one on top and last the adsl filter.

to be 100% sure you can directly plug in your dsl telephone cable in the telephone socket without filter , and unplug all your phones and try it like that.

or else. just start a continues ping to your isp's DNS adres.
for example over here that's

" ping 195.238.2.21 -t " in a dos box.

and let it run in the background. if you"think" you lost your conection, you should check the Ping results. if it says 'operation timed out' most probably you have a problem on your connection.

IF that's the case, but your SYNCRO led stays on , THEN it's more a problem elsewhere :> port on the DSLAM or maybe the PVC to your BAS has a low bandwith and is choocking on too much client's connected on it.
OR your BAS configuration is'nt ok..

DSL my work so shoot for questions if necesary
(all above OFF course if your PC and or modem are functioning wellà)

i understood about 5% of what u wrote, but i'll be at home tonight and i'll see how things proceed.
My connection is fine now, so it seems, it's the wireless one for my flatmate (from the same router) that seems unstable.
But i'll come back with more details when i'm actually at home....

Back