3DMarkxx - When?

Hanners said:
I thought August was your soon. ;)

Anyway, good to see you're still alive, haven't heard anything from FutureMark in a while. :)

So we're at soon+2? Wow, must really be Soon then.

Well as r520 approaches I find a brand new Ati X300 arrives in the post after a fellow XS.org person challenged me to a duel with a cheapo video card, it's busily running 2001 as we speak :D

If only my card did not have 5ns memory and his having 3.6ns memory I would feel a lot happier. Volt mod and some cold water soon.

I know everyone says 2001 is outdated but I still love it to death. If you are into benching and you do not want to spend much cash it is still nicely weighted between cpu and gpu.

From what you say about 2006 Nick I am really looking forward to that though as well.

Keep up the good work.

Reverend said:
The point was that I no longer see 3DMark as relevant at all. And that there is only one reason why B3D is still in the BDP.

At least have the maturity to explain why you think so rather than making vague and intentionally leading comments like this.

I'd be curious to hear why, or why not it is relevent as a benchmark too. Does have to do with the Nvidia optimization deal from a spell ago?

1. Dave's probably just been too busy to chip into this one.
2. There are potentially hundreds of reasons as to why we're in the BDP ("God told me to..." is just one of them).
3. We might have something...soon...maybe...about Futuremark and 3DMark. Possibly.

SlmDnk said:
The name will most certainly be 3DMark07. That's for sure :smile:
My bets are on 3DMark06 ;)
PhyMark is sensless IMHO
It's a shame about HDR and int10 thing :(
And what is with DC CPU's! I want the most CPU insulated benches!
Tame table? Mine bets are before thanxgiving, and after Cat 5.11

Reverend said:
The point was that I no longer see 3DMark as relevant at all.
I have to disagree- like all things, it can be useful or useless. I will concede the way the benchmark is currently used, it is completely useless. The "Free" version is totally and completely useless.

It's "Feature Tests" seem to be pretty accurate synthetics.. such as the Fill Rate tests. It's sad that these tests are totally left out of the consumer/free version as these are the only tests that serve any purpose.

Back