3DMarkxx - When?

My wish list: HDR, Physics (such as a PPU), ability to capture video and not just still frames, and BE-autiful graphics.

CMAN said:
My wish list: HDR, Physics (such as a PPU), ability to capture video and not just still frames, and BE-autiful graphics.
All I can say at this stage is that the next 3DMark will have a much longer feature list than any previous 3DMark.

how about a nice demo like the one in 3dmark 2000,

still go back to that now just to chuck 16aa\16af on ;)

Monty said:
how about a nice demo like the one in 3dmark 2000,

still go back to that now just to chuck 16aa\16af on ;)
We have always had a demo in 3DMark, and we will continue to do so. That's for sure! :smile:

Nick[FM] said:
It will! ;) This time around though the new water effects are not the coolest things in 3DMark IMHO..

Well you've sold it ! :D Need a beta tester ? I have a small selection of cards to test it on

http://www.aocb77.dsl.pipex.com/cards.jpg

Of course a lot of those cards don't work now having repeatedly done your old benches at , lets say, more than stock volts .. just to make sure nvidia aren't scrimping on their quality control checks ;)

Thanks Nick, i am sure 3DMxx does more. What I like to see is FM to continue your focus on better art and direction. 3DM05 destroys 3DM03 there.

Im guessing it will be released around the middle of next year and be called 3dMark 2007.

I would like to see 1 test for "older" SM2.0 only cards and single core CPU's, the rest of the tests should be SM3.0 and multithreaded.

I would also like at least 1 SM4.0 test and one multithreaded test to measure physics. It would be great to compare the difference in physics power between various single core and dual core CPU's aswell as the PPU.

fireshot said:
Thanks Nick, i am sure 3DMxx does more. What I like to see is FM to continue your focus on better art and direction. 3DM05 destroys 3DM03 there.
The next 3DMark will be more than 3DMark05 was. I mean, we will have more tests, more features, more effects, better shadow techniques etc.. Everything has been improved, and a lot. I think you'll see what I mean when we release the first screen shots. ;)

Nick[FM] said:
We have always had a demo in 3DMark, and we will continue to do so. That's for sure! :smile:

true, except 2000's demo has a part whats got nothing to do with the game tests, more specifically the liquid ball thing and the good music which kicks in with it.

though i did like the 2005 one with the space ship coming out of hyperspace (warp depending on what u watch ;))

anyway, cant wait to see the pics of the new one.

oh yeah, anychance of not forcing cpu tests on free version :p

pjbliverpool said:
I would also like at least 1 SM4.0 test and one multithreaded test to measure physics. It would be great to compare the difference in physics power between various single core and dual core CPU's aswell as the PPU.

A "SM4.0" test is a fairly tall order for FM, in 9 months no less, when considering that MS has yet to formally announce the final spec, and may not do so for some time to come.

The point was that I no longer see 3DMark as relevant at all. And that there is only one reason why B3D is still in the BDP.

Back