[360, PS3] Crysis 2

As awesome as the graphic is, there's one thing that annoys me in this game...it's the muzzle flash. The flash is too strong, I know it's not a realistic shooter, but it's really getting in the way. Otherwise, I'm actually enjoying the gameplay more than Crysis 1. Somehow Crysis 1 never did it for me.

Aim at enemys head, go out of stealth, shoot, go into stealth, is a tactic that makes you more or less god if you have silencers.

That's how I played initially, but I don't think it works great for anything above Ceph grunt or even for multiple Ceph grunts in close proximity, especially with assault rifles before Grendel.

That's how I played initially, but I don't think it works great for anything above Ceph grunt or even for multiple Ceph grunts in close proximity, especially with assault rifles before Grendel.

Worked fine for me for everything except the big guys, which i usually just sneak up to, throw a c4, and use as a distraction :)

The only thing holding the Single Player back from being one of the all time greats is the A.I. If the enemy AI was Halo: Reach good, this would be right up.

I love the variety is environments, the LONG campaign, multiple combat options and just about everything else they have thrown at me so far. The story is quite meh but I'm ok with that. Nice work Crytek. Now just hire some Bungie AI engineers for the next game!

The only thing holding the Single Player back from being one of the all time greats is the A.I. If the enemy AI was Halo: Reach good, this would be right up.

I love the variety is environments, the LONG campaign, multiple combat options and just about everything else they have thrown at me so far. The story is quite meh but I'm ok with that. Nice work Crytek. Now just hire some Bungie AI engineers for the next game!

I agree. The AI is quite stupid. Aspecially the aliens. Crysis 1 AI is worse, but they are both mindblowingly stupid.

hmm it seems that when i bump to a object, my stealth energy not drained.
on crysis 1 it will drain the energy fast.

so thats why i finish crysis 2 in stealth. just keep skipping the enemy except the boss.
plus with the stealth upgrade and energy recharge upgrade, the energy almost never run out.

so thats why i finish crysis 2 in stealth. just keep skipping the enemy except the boss.
plus with the stealth upgrade and energy recharge upgrade, the energy almost never run out.

of course you can skip enemies if you want...but where is the fun?! I mean...I play ego shooter...to shoot, right?

I sometimes use stealth, sometimes not...just depending on my mood and brutality level, but I don't skip enemies :D

I agree. The AI is quite stupid. Aspecially the aliens. Crysis 1 AI is worse, but they are both mindblowingly stupid.

Crysis 1 AI is superior. AI in C2 is erratic, has crappy vision detection and nav pathing. Though it's kinda OK from time to time and much alike for example KZ2/KZ3 AI (which aint anything to write about...).

Considering pretty much everyone is complaining about the AI, I'd say it's pretty bad across the board. :smile:
Many people are actually playing this on PC, too.

Don't get me wrong... I love Crysis 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played it on pc, personally it's ai is as basic as every other shooter I've played this gen on any platform in that it's nothing special. Ai hasn't advanced much this gen to me at all, they are all kinda dumb and predictable. Console cpu's seem to be maxed out so I'm not expecting any more ai advancements until next gen. It is what it is, if you want smart opponents go play online, otherwise wait until 2014, maybe the next consoles will do something interesting.

I played it on PC too, AI is definitely holding back the entire campaign. The AI doesn't seems like they know what to do. Stealth + silenced sniper rarely work since enemies can see each other from far away even when they are looking at the opposite direction.

I played it on pc, personally it's ai is as basic as every other shooter I've played this gen on any platform in that it's nothing special. Ai hasn't advanced much this gen to me at all, they are all kinda dumb and predictable. Console cpu's seem to be maxed out so I'm not expecting any more ai advancements until next gen. It is what it is, if you want smart opponents go play online, otherwise wait until 2014, maybe the next consoles will do something interesting.

While I consider Halo: Reach's AI to be the best I've played, it's still lack the dynamic element of even the average online player. I do hope that next gen will have someone put some effort into AI advancement and really shine above the rest.

Either give the ai enough health to make some decisions or just throw enough one shot kill ai at the player that the pack reacts better to the player.

Halo does both with the Elite having shield and gruntpocalypse.
Maybe the Ai doesn't have to be that smart they just need to come over as smart Fear1 did this excellent with audio cues from the ai you had a feeling they were aware of your actions. It are those tiny little stuff that make something come over as natural. Just like when a grenade is close bye just let the ai shout "Ooh fuck".

Maybe im living on nostalgia im succumbing under school work and want to finish up as much as possible before i can spend some time on Gears 3 beta.

I played the MP some. I like it, the suit makes the gameplay quite different. Took a good while for me to adjust but im finally getting the hang of it.

Anyways, i wish they did something about the netcode. It seems to be older than my grandmother

Crysis 1 AI is superior. AI in C2 is erratic, has crappy vision detection and nav pathing. Though it's kinda OK from time to time and much alike for example KZ2/KZ3 AI (which aint anything to write about...).

I have only played KZ3 online, but KZ2 AI was quite good. A lot better than this.

KZ3 elite mode AI is great, better than Halo Reach IMO. In Elite mode, they are much more aggressive than normal mode. Crysis 2 AI is just piss poor, I still like the game overall, but the horrible AI is a shame.

AI on PC is terrible just like the console versions, far far worse than Killzone's or Halo's AI. Running in circles, bumping into other soldiers, spinning around repeatedly, running into walls are all pretty common. And you can uncloak right in front of someone and they can just stare at you for a good 3 seconds before they realize you're there. Reach's AI handles cloaking far better.

Back